This thread's main purpose is to advise how to craft cards based on card play and winrates. If you are not sure which card to craft, then this is the appropriate place to ask. We only recommend dusting golden epics until you know you will not buy any more packs from the corresponding set.
Disclaimer: A thread like this can not please everyone; the meta game is dynamic, so if you have suggestions or know possible uses for cards, feel free to tell them here! We recommend you to use links and sources to clarify your claim more.
Please note that some cards may not be craftable and only obtainable from adventures and rewards.
* = Recently updated
= Editor's choice safe crafts # = Recommended as a one-off (Only for Tier 1-2-3)
SoU - Saviors of Uldum Micro Mummy * - Staple in highlander paladin, also good in quest decks. Plague of Death * - Slower priest decks have benefited greatly from the meta shifts. Psychopomp - Staple in combo priest, good winrate so far. Tip the Scales - Buildaround in murloc paladin, very good winrate.
– Rise of Shadows Hench-Clan Hag * - Staple in shaman, which has a high winrate in the current meta. Magic Carpet * - Staple in zoolock and highlander paladin, high winrate. Omega Devastator - Staple in control warrior, very good winrate. Waggle Pick * - Often played in aggro rogue, good winrate.
– Rastakhan’s Rumble Masked Contender#– Staple in secret hunter, playable in any secret deck.
– The Witchwood Hidden Wisdom* - Insane synergy with Mysterious Challenger, staple in secret paladin. Nightmare Amalgam * - Versatile card which sees play in tribal decks, high winrate in the new meta. Rat Trap# - Staple in secret and highlander hunter, great winrate. Town Crier - Staple in any warrior deck with very solid winrate. - Classic Brawl - Staple in most warrior decks with good winrate. Murloc Warleader - Staple in murloc paladin and shaman, good winrate. Sea Giant - Often played in zoolock and token druid, decent winrate. Shield Slam - Staple in control warrior, good winrate. Snake Trap # - Staple in highlander and secret hunter, good winrate.
– Rise of Shadows Batterhead * - Good card in quest resurrect priest, solid winrate. Power of Creation #* - Still has a good winrate despite the recent nerfs to mage. Wrenchcalibur - Staple in bomb warrior, playable in quest warrior.
– Rastakhan’s Rumble Master's Call - Staple in midrange beast hunter, worse winrate in SoU meta. Sul'thraze #* - Good card with a high winrate in highlander warrior, also playable in quest decks.
– The Witchwood Arcane Keysmith#- Often played in highlander mage, worse winrate in SoU. Sandbinder # - Often played in highlander decks as a reliable tutor of Zephyrs the Great. - Classic Doomhammer– Staple in aggro overload shaman, low playrate but good winrate. Doomsayer#* - Historically good card which is performing worse in the current meta. Hungry Crab # - Murloc tech is strong in the current meta. Mountain Giant * - Staple in highlander mage, hurt by recent mage nerfs. Pyroblast #- Staple in big spell mage, affected by recent nerfs.
– Rise of Shadows Nine Lives - Playable in highlander and mech hunter. – Rastakhan’s Rumble Crowd Roaster- Playable in dragon decks, especially for mage. Haunting Visions* – Often played in aggro shaman, mediocre winrate after nerf patch. – The Boomsday Project Astromancer#* - Playable in highlander and freeze mage. Glowstone Technician - Staple in mechrattle paladin, worse winrate in SoU meta. Necrium Vial * - Playable in deathrattle rogue, currently has a respectable winrate. Necromechanic # - Playable in highlander and mech hunter, decent winrate. Omega Mind # - Good card in slower shaman decks, passable winrate.
SoU - Saviors of Uldum Blatant Decoy - Staple in big paladin and shaman, low winrate currently. Body Wrapper - Low winrate, but possible option in fatigue decks in the future. Riftcleaver - Strong card, but slower warlock decks lack healing to become more viable. Scarlet Webweaver #* - Niche card which does not currently see much play, could work in the future.
– Rise of Shadows Big Bad Archmage - Niche card for big shaman. Crystal Stag - Playable in heal druid but very low winrate. Crystalsong Portal * - Formerly used in token druid, now has a bad playrate and winrate. Duel! - Staple in big paladin which gained some synergies in SoU. Jumbo Imp - Staple in zoolock running imp package, low winrate. Lazul's Scheme - Playable in miracle priest, very low winrate. Mana Cyclone - Cyclone mage has much worse winrate in post-patch meta. Muckmorpher - Staple in big shaman which is a niche deck in the current meta. Unseen Saboteur - Niche tech card against spell heavy decks. Witch's Brew - Sees play in big and control shaman, low winrate.
- Classic (Wild ranking) Murloc Warleader - Staple in murloc shaman, very good winrate. Southsea Captain - Staple in odd rogue. – Kobolds & Catacombs Branching Paths- Very flexible card, staple in most druid decks. – Knights of the Frozen Throne Ultimate Infestation - Staple in jade druid, also sees play in ramp druid. – Journey to Un’Goro Gentle Megasaur – Finisher in murloc decks, very good winrate in shaman. Shadow Visions - Staple in several priest decks, especially control. Vilespine Slayer * - Staple in odd rogue, playable in any rogue deck. – Mean Streets of the Gadgetzan Dirty Rat # - Strong tech card against combo and OTK decks. – Goblins & Gnomes Lightbomb # - Staple in many priest decks, good winrate.
– Hall of Fame Ice Block #* - Staple in control and secret mage, very good winrate.
– Rise of Shadows (Wild ranking) Crystalsong Portal - Playable in token and aggro druid, good winrate. Magic Carpet - Staple in zoolock, better winrate in Wild. Waggle Pick - Often played in tempo rogue, above-par winrate.
– Rastakhan’s Rumble (Wild ranking) Master's Call - Often played in midrange and beast hunter, good winrate.
– The Witchwood (Wild ranking) Wispering Woods – Strong card in token druid with relatively low playrate.
- Classic (Wild ranking) Brawl - Playable in various warrior decks, decent winrate. Doomsayer - Playable in any control and reno deck. Far Sight - Strong card for slower Shaman decks.
– Kobolds & Catacombs Arcane Tyrant- Often played in big spell and reno mage, good winrate currently. Call to Arms- Staple in murloc and giant paladin; strong card in any aggro deck. Corridor Creeper - Nerfed hard but still sees play in odd paladin and evolve shaman. Psychic Scream * - Very strong card, even though priest is not in its strongest period currently. Voidlord - Staple in most warlock decks, including reno and cubelock. – Knights of the Frozen Throne Corpsetaker - Often played in even shaman, playable in other even decks. Gnomeferatu# - Tech card vs combo decks, currently sees play in renolock. Nerubian Unraveler – Staple in Darkest Hour Warlock, decent winrate. Skulking Geist #* - Tech vs jade druid which is popular in the current meta. Treachery * – Staple in treachery warlock, playable in Mecha'thun warlock.
– One Night in Karazhan Arcane Giant – Playable in cyclone mage, low playrate in SoU wild meta.
– Whispers of the Old Gods Cabalist's Tome # - Slow card but playable in exodia mage, has also seen play in control mage. Call of the Wild # - Sees some play in spell hunter, decent winrate. DOOM! # – Playable in reno and Mecha'thun Warlock.
– The Grand Tournament Mulch – Mediocre winrate but a hard removal option for druid. Mysterious Challenger - Staple in secret paladin, good winrate but low playrate. Twilight Guardian - Sees some play in dragon priest, decent winrate.
– Goblins & Gnomes Enhance-o Mechano- Playable in mech and swarm decks, big rise in winrate. Feign Death #- Playable in deathrattle hunter, mediocre winrate. Fel Reaver # - Sees play in mech hunter with good winrate, playable in any aggressive deck. Hobgoblin - Sees play in zoolock, big rise in winrate.
With the release of Descent of Dragons, the Epics from that expansion have been added to the list. Realistically, we cannot place them with the data currently available yet, but over the next week or so we should find out where they belong.
In the meantime, you can check the projected placement to see which Epics look to be the strongest in the set. Also, keep an eye on the Epics from previous expansions, as some of them will likely move to different tiers very soon.