This thread's main purpose is to advise how to craft cards based on card play and winrates. If you are not sure which card to craft, then this is the appropriate place to ask. We only recommend dusting golden epics until you know you will not buy any more packs from the corresponding set.
Disclaimer: A thread like this can not please everyone; the meta game is dynamic, so if you have suggestions or know possible uses for cards, feel free to tell them here! We recommend you to use links and sources to clarify your claim more.
Please note that some cards may not be craftable and only obtainable from adventures and rewards.
* = Recently updated
= Editor's choice safe crafts # = Recommended as a one-off (Only for Tier 1-2-3)
– Rise of Shadows Wrenchcalibur * - Playable in control warrior. - Classic Brawl * - Staple in slower warrior decks, good winrate. Force of Nature - * Staple in treant druid. Preparation - Playable in malygos and highlander rogue. Pyroblast * # - Staple in big spell mage. Sea Giant - Historically strong card which is seeing less play at the moment. Shield Slam - Staple in control warrior, good winrate. Southsea Captain - Playable in pirate warrior, hurt by nerfs but still has a good winrate.
DHI- Demon Hunter Initiate Wrathscale Naga - Buildaround in token demon hunter, mediocre winrate. Wrathspike Brute - Sometimes used in highlander demon hunter.
- Descent of Dragons Dragon's Pack - Hurt hard by recent nerfs. Kobold Stickyfinger - Tech card which performs decently against warrior and demon hunter. Sanctuary - Niche card for pure paladin: good against control but weak against aggro. Skyfin - Sees some play in hunter and paladin, but overall dragon/murloc hybrids haven't taken off. - Saviors of Uldum Crystal Merchant * - Played in embiggen druid, also still works in quest druid. History Buff - Interesting effect, playable in highlander rogue and zoo decks. Psychopomp * - Staple in resurrect priest which has a lower winrate currently. Splitting Axe * - Playable in totem shaman. Tip the Scales - Sees play in murloc paladin, good winrate but low playrate. Wild Bloodstinger # - Playable in highlander hunter, also a tech option vs combo decks.
– Rise of Shadows Crystalsong Portal - Usable in treant druid but can be replaced. Mana Cyclone - The DoD elemental package boosted cyclone mage's winrate, but not by much. Magic Carpet * - Has not adjusted well to the zoolock nerf. Omega Devastator * - Formerly strong card which currently sees little play. Waggle Pick * - Often played in aggressive rogue decks. Witch's Brew - Sees play in galakrond shaman, hurt by recent nerfs. Unidentified Contract * - Value card which sees some play in galakrond rogue. - Classic Avenging Wrath- Occasionally used in pure paladin. Cabal Shadow Priest * - Used in a variety of priest decks despite the low playrate. Far Sight - Playable in Galakrond shaman decks which struggle in the current meta. Hungry Crab * # - Decent tech card against murloc decks. Icicle * - Performs decently in highlander mage, low playrate.
- Ashes of Outland Apexis Smuggler - Decent card, but secret mage lacks enough synergy to be competitive. Darkglare - Sometimes used in zoolock, but performs poorly in that deck. Marsh Hydra * - Used in big druid, a slow and ineffective archetype. Shattered Rumbler - Spell shaman has a low winrate. Waste Warden - Niche tech card, performs poorly in the current meta.
DHI- Demon Hunter Initiate Flamereaper - Commonly used in highlander demon hunter.
GAW - Galakrond's Awakening Chaos Gazer - Very weak effect which is often useless when played on curve.
- Descent of Dragons Chromatic Egg - Very slow, but can work in quest paladin. Cumulo-Maximus * - Struggles to find a home after the rotation. Embiggen * - Embiggen druid has fallen off hard in AoO. Mana Giant - Sees play in cyclone mage which is not a strong archetype. T2 in Wild. Necrium Apothecary - Has not recovered from the nerf. Ramming Speed * # - Mediocre removal option for warrior.
– Kobolds & Catacombs Arcane Tyrant- Often played in big spell and reno mage, good winrate currently. Call to Arms- Staple in murloc and giant paladin; strong card in any aggro deck. Corridor Creeper - Nerfed hard but still sees play in odd paladin and evolve shaman. – Knights of the Frozen Throne Gnomeferatu# - Tech card vs combo decks, currently sees play in renolock. Obsidian Statue – Staple in slow priest decks. Skulking Geist #* - Tech vs jade druid which is popular in the current meta. Treachery * – Staple in treachery warlock, playable in Mecha'thun warlock.
– The Witchwood Arcane Keysmith# - Often played in highlander mage. Mossy Horror# - Tech card vs swarm decks, playable in highlander decks. Nightmare Amalgam* - Versatile card for tribal decks, low playrate. Vivid Nightmare - Sees play in quest priest, mediocre winrate. Voodoo Doll# - Often played in highlander mage and questlock, lower winrate after nerfs.
– Whispers of the Old Gods Cabalist's Tome # - Slow card but playable in exodia mage, has also seen play in control mage. DOOM! # – Playable in reno and Mecha'thun Warlock. Faceless Shambler- Sees play in evenlock, lower playrate recently.
– The Grand Tournament Mulch – Mediocre winrate but a hard removal option for druid. Mysterious Challenger - Staple in secret paladin, good winrate but low playrate.
– Goblins & Gnomes Enhance-o Mechano- Playable in mech and swarm decks, big rise in winrate. Fel Reaver # - Sees play in mech hunter with good winrate, playable in any aggressive deck. Hobgoblin - Sees play in zoolock, big rise in winrate.
– Curse of Naxxramas Echoing Ooze - Surprise tech in swarm decks, low play and winrate.
With the release of Descent of Dragons, the Epics from that expansion have been added to the list. Realistically, we cannot place them with the data currently available yet, but over the next week or so we should find out where they belong.
In the meantime, you can check the projected placement to see which Epics look to be the strongest in the set. Also, keep an eye on the Epics from previous expansions, as some of them will likely move to different tiers very soon.