This thread's main purpose is to advise how to craft cards based on card play and winrates. If you are not sure which card to craft, then this is the appropriate place to ask. We only recommend dusting golden epics until you know you will not buy any more packs from the corresponding set.
Disclaimer: A thread like this can not please everyone; the meta game is dynamic, so if you have suggestions or know possible uses for cards, feel free to tell them here! We recommend you to use links and sources to clarify your claim more.
Please note that some cards may not be craftable and only obtainable from adventures and rewards.
* = Recently updated
= Editor's choice safe crafts # = Recommended as a one-off (Only for Tier 1-2-3)
– Rise of Shadows Batterhead - Solid removal card played in resurrect priest and embiggen druid.
– The Boomsday Project Supercollider # – Staple in highlander warrior, playable in any slower warrior archetype.
– The Witchwood Nightmare Amalgam - Versatile card which sees play in tribal decks, high winrate in the new meta. Rat Trap# - Staple in secret and highlander hunter, great winrate. Town Crier - Staple in any warrior deck with very solid winrate. - Classic Doomsayer# - Historically good card, playable in many slower decks. Force of Nature - Staple in treant druid. Mountain Giant * - Staple in highlander mage, handlock, and other decks. Murloc Warleader - Staple in murloc paladin and shaman, good winrate. Sea Giant - Often played in zoolock and token druid, decent winrate. Snake Trap # - Staple in highlander and secret hunter, good winrate. Twisting Nether# – Staple in handlock.
- Descent of Dragons Cumulo-Maximus - Playable in aggro shaman, good winrate. Dragon's Pack - Hurt hard by recent nerfs. Lightforged Crusader - Buildaround card for pure paladin, solid winrate but low playrate. Ramming Speed # - Decent removal option despite being outclassed by Supercollider. Sanctuary - Niche card for pure paladin: good against control but weak against aggro. Skyfin - Sees some play in hunter and paladin, but overall dragon/murloc hybrids haven't taken off. Wyrmrest Purifier * - Low playrate, good synergy with Hakkar, the Soulflayer in quest priest. - Saviors of Uldum Diseased Vulture - Many zoolock decks are starting to cut this for the Galakrond package. History Buff - Interesting effect, playable in highlander paladin and zoo decks. Tip the Scales * - Buildaround in murloc paladin, good winrate but low playrate. Wild Bloodstinger # - Playable in highlander hunter, also a tech option vs combo decks.
– Rise of Shadows Crystalsong Portal - Usable in treant druid but can be replaced. Jumbo Imp - Playable in Galakrond warlock. Mana Cyclone - The DoD elemental package boosted cyclone mage's winrate, but not by much. Nine Lives - Playable in highlander and mech hunter. Wrenchcalibur - Playable in bomb warrior, niche card in other warrior decks. Witch's Brew * - Sees play in galakrond shaman, hurt by recent nerfs. – Rastakhan’s Rumble A New Challenger... - Occasionally used in highlander or pure paladin, mediocre winrate. Haunting Visions – Playable in both aggro and galakrond shaman, hurt by recent nerfs. Master's Call - Formerly strong, but midrange hunter is a dying archetype. Stampeding Roar - Excellent synergy with Winged Guardian and Oondasta. Sul'thraze # - Playable in highlander warrior, also playable in quest decks. – The Boomsday Project Astromancer# - Playable in highlander and freeze mage. Crystallizer - Zoolocks have started to cut this to make room for Galakrond. Necrium Vial - Hurt severely by recent nerfs. Necromechanic # - Playable in highlander and mech hunter, decent winrate. Omega Agent - Playable in handlock which recently received a lot of support. Omega Mind # - Good card in slower shaman decks, passable winrate.
– The Witchwood Cathedral Gargoyle - Decent winrate, dragon paladin received quite a bit of support. Mossy Horror # - Tech card vs swarm decks, playable in highlander decks. Vivid Nightmare * - Sees play in quest priest, mediocre winrate. Voodoo Doll # - Often played in highlander mage and questlock, lower winrate after nerfs. - Classic Big Game Hunter# - Tech option for control warrior, low playrate. Far Sight * - Playable in Galakrond shaman decks which struggle in the current meta. Pyroblast #* - Staple in big spell mage which is a niche archetype in the meta. Sword of Justice - Decent choice in mech paladin, low playrate.
GAW - Galakrond's Awakening Chaos Gazer - Very weak effect which is often useless when played on curve.
- Descent of Dragons Chromatic Egg - Very slow, but can work in quest paladin. Fate Weaver - Galakrond priest is performing a little better, but this still has a mediocre winrate. Kobold Stickyfinger - Niche tech card which is not performing well in the current meta. Mana Giant - Sees play in cyclone mage which is not a strong archetype. T2 in Wild. Necrium Apothecary * - Has not recovered from the nerf.
- Saviors of Uldum Blatant Decoy - Staple in big paladin and shaman, low winrate currently. Riftcleaver - Strong card, but slower warlock decks lack healing to become more viable. Scarlet Webweaver # - Niche card which does not currently see much play, could work in the future. Shadow of Death - Poor winrate but does have some synergy with Stowaway.
- Classic (Wild ranking) Murloc Warleader - Staple in murloc shaman, very good winrate. Southsea Captain - Staple in odd rogue. – Kobolds & Catacombs Branching Paths- Very flexible card, staple in most druid decks. – Knights of the Frozen Throne Ultimate Infestation - Staple in jade druid, also sees play in ramp druid. – Journey to Un’Goro Gentle Megasaur – Finisher in murloc decks, very good winrate in shaman. Shadow Visions - Staple in several priest decks, especially control. Vilespine Slayer * - Staple in odd rogue, playable in any rogue deck. – Mean Streets of the Gadgetzan Dirty Rat # - Strong tech card against combo and OTK decks. – Goblins & Gnomes Lightbomb # - Staple in many priest decks, good winrate.
– Hall of Fame Ice Block #* - Staple in control and secret mage, very good winrate.
– Rise of Shadows (Wild ranking) Crystalsong Portal - Playable in token and aggro druid, good winrate. Magic Carpet - Staple in zoolock, better winrate in Wild. Waggle Pick - Often played in tempo rogue, above-par winrate.
– Rastakhan’s Rumble (Wild ranking) Master's Call - Often played in midrange and beast hunter, good winrate.
– The Witchwood (Wild ranking) Wispering Woods – Strong card in token druid with relatively low playrate.
- Classic (Wild ranking) Brawl - Playable in various warrior decks, decent winrate. Doomsayer - Playable in any control and reno deck. Far Sight - Strong card for slower Shaman decks.
– Kobolds & Catacombs Arcane Tyrant- Often played in big spell and reno mage, good winrate currently. Call to Arms- Staple in murloc and giant paladin; strong card in any aggro deck. Corridor Creeper - Nerfed hard but still sees play in odd paladin and evolve shaman. Psychic Scream * - Very strong card, even though priest is not in its strongest period currently. Voidlord - Staple in most warlock decks, including reno and cubelock. – Knights of the Frozen Throne Corpsetaker - Often played in even shaman, playable in other even decks. Gnomeferatu# - Tech card vs combo decks, currently sees play in renolock. Nerubian Unraveler – Staple in Darkest Hour Warlock, decent winrate. Skulking Geist #* - Tech vs jade druid which is popular in the current meta. Treachery * – Staple in treachery warlock, playable in Mecha'thun warlock.
– One Night in Karazhan Arcane Giant – Playable in cyclone mage, low playrate in SoU wild meta.
– Whispers of the Old Gods Cabalist's Tome # - Slow card but playable in exodia mage, has also seen play in control mage. Call of the Wild # - Sees some play in spell hunter, decent winrate. DOOM! # – Playable in reno and Mecha'thun Warlock.
– The Grand Tournament Mulch – Mediocre winrate but a hard removal option for druid. Mysterious Challenger - Staple in secret paladin, good winrate but low playrate. Twilight Guardian - Sees some play in dragon priest, decent winrate.
– Goblins & Gnomes Enhance-o Mechano- Playable in mech and swarm decks, big rise in winrate. Feign Death #- Playable in deathrattle hunter, mediocre winrate. Fel Reaver # - Sees play in mech hunter with good winrate, playable in any aggressive deck. Hobgoblin - Sees play in zoolock, big rise in winrate.
With the release of Descent of Dragons, the Epics from that expansion have been added to the list. Realistically, we cannot place them with the data currently available yet, but over the next week or so we should find out where they belong.
In the meantime, you can check the projected placement to see which Epics look to be the strongest in the set. Also, keep an eye on the Epics from previous expansions, as some of them will likely move to different tiers very soon.