Hearthstone's third expansion in the Year of the Wolf and overall 28th expansion is Showdown in the Badlands!
The release date for the expansion is Tuesday, 14th of November most likely at 10am PT/ 1pm ET/ 19:00 CET/ 18:00 GMT.
The Bloodrock Mining Company found powerful Azerite in the Badlands. They’re digging deep and bleeding the land dry, disrupting the Badlands and awakening slumbering elementals! Now mysterious outlaws are riding into town to set things right. Tumbleweeds roll by and high noon looms. Grab your horse and your hat, it’s nearly time for a Showdown in the Badlands!
Expansion Info --- Card List --- Excavate --- Quickdraw --- Developer Tidbits --- Additional Details
- New Keyword: Excavate - Cards with the Excavate keyword give you a Treasure when played. Each time you Excavate, you get a Treasure from the tier you’re on, and then you progress to the next tier.
- New Keyword: Quickdraw - Cards with the Quickdraw keyword get a special bonus if they’re played the turn they enter your hand.
- Showdown in the Badlands contains 145 new collectible cards.
- A companion Miniset will be announced at a later date.
- Login now to receive Thunderbringer for free!
ALL 145 cards have been revealed!
Death Knight - Demon Hunter - Druid - Hunter - Mage - Paladin - Priest - Rogue - Shaman - Warlock - Warrior - Neutral
Cards with the new Excavate keyword give you a Treasure when played. Each time you Excavate, you get a Treasure from the tier you’re on, and then you progress to the next tier, so the further you dig into the mine, the bigger and rarer your treasure gets.
So, the first time you Excavate, you get one of five 1-mana Common Treasures. The next time you Excavate, you get one of five 2-mana Rare Treasures. Then one of five 3-mana Epic Treasures. Once you tap out your mine, you start your excavation over at Common in a new vein! In total, there are 15 Neutral Excavation Treasures that all classes can dig up: five at each rarity.
Five classes are working with the Bloodrock Mining Company: Death Knight, Mage, Rogue, Warlock, and Warrior. Each of these classes has a class-specific 4-mana Legendary Excavate Treasure that they get when they Excavate for the fourth time.
Every Excavate Card has access to the same 15 base token cards and every Mining class (Death Knight, Mage, Rogue, Warlock, Warrior) has access to one more card, which they get by Excavating a 4th time. These are the Treasures you can get and they are NOT collectable cards.
The Collectable Cards
Cards with the new Quickdraw keyword get a special bonus if they’re played the turn they enter your hand.
Do you want to see all the tidbits and answered questions surrounding the new Expansion or Core Set? You're in the right place!
Back to the Sections navigation guide
Once again we have two bundles available. The standard pre-purchase is priced at $49.99, while the Mega bundle is $79.99.
Standard Bundle - $49.99
- 60 Showdown in the Badlands card packs.
- 2 random Showdown in the Badlands Legendary cards.
- Ulfar card back.
Mega Bundle - $79.99
- 80 Showdown in the Badlands card packs.
- 10 Golden Showdown in the Badlands card packs.
- 1 random Showdown in the Badlands Signature Legendary card.
- 1 random Showdown in the Badlands Golden Legendary card.
- Ulfar Druid hero portrait and card back.
You can also click on the Skin & Card Back to display a bigger version of them.
Game Board (Click to enlarge)