Knights of the Frozen Throne - Hearthstone's Sixth Expansion
Hearthstone's Sixth Expansion is Knights of the Frozen Throne!
- The expansion releases August 10, 2017.
- 135 new cards are going to be added to the game.
- Everyone dies! Each of the original heroes has a Death Knight version of themselves.
- A new card type is being added that allows you to put Heroes into your deck. This is used for Death Knights.
- Your Hero Power will change when you change your Hero.
- A new mechanic is being added to the game called Lifesteal. When you deal damage with Lifesteal, your hero heals for the amount of damage dealt.
- The adventure portion of the expansion will be taking us to Icecrown Citadel.
- This content is completely free. They're calling them Missions!
- There are three wings followed by the final fight, The Lich King!
- You will earn 1 card pack for completing each wing.
- Completing the prologue of the expansion's adventure content rewards you with a Legendary Hero Card.
- Other bosses we will fight include Sindragosa, Lord Marrowgar, and Professor Putricide.
- Defeating the Lich King with every class gives you the Paladin Hero, Arthas.
Frozen Throne Adventure
Are you looking to effectively clear the bosses within Icecrown Citadel? We've got guides available for just that!
Click on any of the boss names to be taken to their dedicated guide.
- 1 Death Knight Card
- 3 Frozen Throne Card Packs
1 for each wing completed.
- 1 Prince Arthas Hero
Defeat Lich King with all classes.
We're currently using the same formula as the Un'Goro set. This is possibly not accurate and we will do our best to update this to reflect the actual state of the set as soon as possible.
So far, 135 cards have been revealed out of 135.
All the Heroes can turn into Death Knights! Here's the currently revealed heroes with their DK hero powers.
Death Knight Cards
Pre-Order Card Back
A new card back is available to those who pre-order the expansion. Frostmourne can be yours for $49.99.
Pre-orders are available on Battle.net. No current word on if they'll be in the in-game store.
Watch as Ben Brode and Jason Chayes unveil the new expansion!
Prepare for a New Expansion - Get Cheaper Packs!
This section contains affiliate links. They help the site!
Although you can't make use of this offer for the new packs yet, you can collect cards on the cheap from expansions by using Amazon Coins. It does require an Android device though since you need to install the Amazon Underground Appstore in order to get the correct Hearthstone app that lets you redeem the coins.