Goblins vs Gnomes is the first Hearthstone card expansion. It was announced during BlizzCon 2014, and will be released December 8th 2014. The expansion includes 120 new collectible cards, which can be purchased for gold or real money through a new card pack.
Goblins vs Gnomes is being retired! Once the Standard format is released with the launch of the first card expansion in 2016, GvG cards will no longer be available in the Store and will only be playable in the Wild format. Cards will still be obtainable using Arcane Dust.
We've organized all the facts about Goblins vs Gnomes below. If sources have not been cited, the information comes from BlizzCon 2014.
- The expansion contains over 120 collectible cards.
- New cards will all be available in the store once the expansion launches. No waiting like in the Naxxramas adventure.
- Cards are found in a new type of card pack, which is separate from the expert set. Packs contain 5 cards.
- Packs cost 100 Gold, or can be purchased using the same real money pricing structure as expert packs.
- All cards can be crafted and disenchanted by using Arcane Dust.
- Expert packs will no longer be rewarded from the Arena when GvG releases. The GvG packs will be the new pack reward.
- All the Goblins vs Gnomes cards will be available in the card pool on release. Like before, you don't need to own them to pick them in Arena.
- Spectator Mode will be available when GvG releases.
- You can spectate games your friends are in, but only if they have spectating enabled.
- You can invite friends to spectate your games.
- You cannot see the opponent's cards if you are spectating your friend.
- Spectating a game lets you hover over elements of the board independent from your friend.
- You can see when you are being spectated. A number will display in the bottom left corner of your screen indicating how many people are spectating you.
- Two players can be spectated at the same time for Tournament broadcasting. If you spectate both players in the same game, you will have access to both of their hands.
Hearthstone on Android
Android specs information comes from this post. It's currently been taken down from Battle.net.
- Android Tablet support will be released sometime in December, not necessarily with Goblins vs Gnomes. (Source)
- Android Phone support will be out sometime in 2015.
- Tablets will need to have the following minimum specifications to run Hearthstone:
- 6 Inch Screen
- Android 4.0 OS (5.0 is recommended!)
- 1 GB RAM
All the new cards from Goblins vs Gnomes can be seen below.