Hearthstone's next single player Adventure is Galakrond's Awakening! The first wing of the Adventure will be live on January 21st, 2020. This will be a linear Adventure -- straying from the "Dungeon Run" format we've seen for the past few expansions. 35 New Cards will be introduced to the game through the chapters of the Adventure.
"Galakrond’s Awakening is the final solo adventure in the Year of the Dragon and will conclude the saga that began with The Dalaran Heist. When we last left our heroes and villains, the Tombs of Terror had been unsealed, spreading plagues across the sands of Uldum. The League of Explorers defeated the Plague Lords, but Arch-Villain Rafaam escaped with the Plague of Undeath. We now know why: to resurrect Galakrond, the progenitor of all dragons!
Will E.V.I.L. prevail and prove that Rafaam is truly the evilest of all villains? Will the Explorers defeat Rafaam and save the world? In this adventure, you have the power to choose. Galakrond’s Awakening is two stories in one, giving players the ability to play through both versions of the story and experience two completely different endings. Unlike The Dalaran Heist and Tombs of Terror, Galakrond’s Awakening returns to the classic linear adventure format, allowing you to progress through the story by completing individual boss encounters in order."
- The Adventure contains 4 chapters, with two sides to every Chapter; 4 for both the League of Explorers and the League of E.V.I.L.
- Each chapter will contain 3 unique encounters, for a total of 24 battles.
- You'll control one of the heroes or villains we've seen this year in each battle.
- The encounters will all feature premade decks on Normal mode. On Heroic mode you have to create your own decks.
- Blizzard says we'll be sure to see some familiar faces -- including George & Karl!
35 of the 35 cards have been revealed.
- Chapter 1: January 21
- Chapter 2: January 28
- Chapter 3: February 4
- Chapter 4: February 11
One wing will be released each week over a four week span. The E.V.I.L. portion of the first chapter is free to all players. Purchasing the first chapter grants the second portion and 3 bonus cards.
Cost & Pre-Order
- Individual Chapters are available for $6.99 or 700 in-game gold each.
- The full Adventure is at a discount price of $19.99
- Pre-purchase is available now and grants players a Golden Pack that can be opened immediately.
As always, there are card backs for completing the Adventure in Heroic Mode. This time around we get two; for completing with both the Explorers and E.V.I.L.