Patch 13.0: Rastakhan Flavor Text
A new patch has arrived which brings in everything for next week's Rastakhan's Rumble expansion which releases on December 4. You've still got a few days to pre-order the new expansion so if you're interested in that, get it done! Details on the patch can be found below.
As usual, the patch is live on Battle.net Desktop to start. Updates will roll out to mobile devices later today.
The holiday returns on December 18th!
- A special quest is active which rewards you with 4 Boomsday card packs once you play 100 cards in play mode.
Golden Card Packs
We're not sure how to obtain this. The quest simply states "A golden gift for your support."
- 2 Golden Classic Packs - Gold Pack Promo
New Card Backs
Four new card backs were added.
- Winter Veil 2018 is getting a special card back.
- Two card backs for ranked play - Chillin and Pizza.
- Rumble Run, the new PVE content with Rastakhan's Rumble, also has a card back.
New Flavor Text
Below is all the new flavor texts in today's patch. Find anything exciting?
Quote from HearthPwn
- Wardruid Loti - “Ravasaur!” “Pretty scary” “…Blammodax!” “Is that a thing?” “SMAXODON!” “….now you’re just making those up.”
- Half-Time Scavenger - One player's trash is another's “Best In Slot”.
- Totemic Smash - Trolls are the first group to have a totem survive atmospheric re-entry.
- Ticket Scalper - Takes ten percent off the top.
- Sightless Ranger - An eye for sore sights.
- Serpent Ward - When snakes get sick, they get sent to the Serpent Ward.
- Haunting Visions - When you're awake at 3 AM and can't stop thinking about that time you called your teacher "mom."
- Bog Slosher - It's the bane of freshly mopped floors everywhere.
- Spirit of the Frog - It is Wednesday, my dudes.
- Zul'jin - If you can dodge an axe, you can dodge a ball.
- Springpaw - The terrible thing about lynxes is lynxes are terrible things. Their teeth are made out of biting, their paws are made out of springs!
- Bloodsail Howler - They saw their fate a closin' Aboard a pirate ship On deck: The Howlin' Hozen About to let one rip.
- Serrated Tooth - The tooth hurts, don’t it?
- Gurubashi Hypemon - Throw your hands in the air! They cost (1).
- Big Bad Voodoo - Murlocs practice Small Nice Voodoo.
- Zentimo - Serenity. Peace. Many frogs.
- Spirit of the Raptor - “Loti! LOTI! Drop it. Drop it Loti! Down! Down Loti!”
- Spirit of the Shark - It has Stealth, but its ominous theme music keeps giving it away.
- Ironhide Direhorn - "Boy! Bring me my masks and skull rams."
- Shirvallah, the Tiger - On bended knee Thekal placed his weapon upon Shirvallah’s altar, whereupon she slowly knocked it off with her paw.
- Savage Striker - Ruthless at tribal roasts.
- Gonk, the Raptor - There’s a word for Zandalari druids who refuse to pledge loyalty to Gonk: “Delicious.”
- Pounce - Comes with an overwhelming urge to jump into the nearest open box.
- Predatory Instincts - Somebody’s been eating their funnel cakes.
- Time Out! - Highly effective against 3 year olds.
- Shriek - The first warning sign of an oncoming warlock temper tantrum.
- Void Contract - “YOU SIGNED WHAT?!”
- Soulwarden - Reduce, reuse, resoul.
- Griftah - With Griftah in your deck, sometimes you start the game with The Coin!
- Grim Rally - There’s no “Aiiiieeee” in “Team.”
- Farraki Battleaxe - Only two things in life are certain: death and axes.
- A New Challenger... - … Arrives? Approaches? TELL US ALREADY!
- Immortal Prelate - She protec. She attac. But most importantly, she come bac.
- Spirit of the Bat - Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah
- Flash of Light - Hey! No cameras allowed!
- Spirit of the Tiger - Less of a cantrip and more of a cat-nip.
- High Priestess Jeklik - If you love Jeklik, set her free. YOU CAN'T GET RID OF HER.
- Hir'eek, the Bat - REPEL’S EFFECT WORE OFF.
- Devastate - No thanks, I already devast-ate.
- Mark of the Loa - Ah, yes. Mark. The mightiest Loa.
- Stampeding Roar - [x]The Gurubashi Arena has an extremely permissive policy on pets in the workplace.
- Emberscale Drake - The third little dragon made his armor out of adamantite.
- Heavy Metal! - This metal is so heavy it will satisfy your iron requirements for the next year.
- Sul'thraze - “Griftah here with de Sul’chop. One chop, you get four damage. Two chops, eight damage - you gonna change de way you fight."
- Smolderthorn Lancer - Here comes “The Smolder.”
- War Master Voone - War Master sounds cooler than Dragon Sitter.
- Blood Troll Sapper - Main supplier of Blood Troll Syrup to the Intercontinental Hut of Funnel Cakes.
- Mass Hysteria - Black Friday gets worse every year.
- Akali, the Rhino - Most trolls only get to “AAAAHHH!” and don’t make it to the “kali” part.
- Princess Talanji - Everyone wants to be a princess, but nobody ever considers the size of the hat.
- Spellzerker - But don’t ask her to use it in a sentence.
- Pyromaniac - She prefers “Flammably Inclined.”
- Blast Wave - If you’re burning and you know it, wave your hands!
- Bwonsamdi, the Dead - Everyone's dying to meet him.
- Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk - You mess with the Bird, you get the Firelord.
- Spirit of the Dragonhawk - Dragonhawks aren’t known for their accuracy.
- Hex Lord Malacrass - Extremely awkward cousin of Hex Lord Malaclass.
- Elemental Evocation - It's just lighter fluid.
- Arcanosaur - Arcane energy… finds a way.
- Scorch - The hoof. The hoof. The hoof is on fire.
- High Priest Thekal - "…and then I beat him with 1 Health!"
- Master's Call - "Hello? Yes, this is Huffer."
- Splitting Image - Sometimes you get punched so hard they see double.
- Seance - “The spirits spoke to me.” "What did they say?" "You had lethal two turns ago."
- Surrender to Madness - Never give up, always surrender!
- Auchenai Phantasm - “Okay kids did everyone remember to heal before we left?”
- Sand Drudge - Loves long walks on the beach, raising the dead, and chocolates.
- Spirit of the Dead - Just because you’re dead doesn’t mean you’re off the team.
- Treespeaker - Honestly, his delivery is a little wooden.
- Krag'wa, the Frog - Krag'wa has a ritual to honor his friends and a ritual to devour his enemies. No one can tell them apart.
- Scarab Egg - They say you can’t make an omelet without AHHH THEY’RE EATING MY FACE!
- Booty Bay Bookie - Also makes a great librarian. She's really good at fixing books!
- Helpless Hatchling - It can’t be all that helpful. Not wif dose widdle wings!
- Gurubashi Chicken - “Ya hold it by da feet, mon. Den ya THROW.”
- Daring Fire-Eater - A few hours later he DESTROYED the arena bathrooms.
- Sharkfin Fan - His taste in soup is criminal.
- Regeneratin' Thug - Regenerates any injury except heartbreak.
- Banana Buffoon - You could say he has a certain appeal.
- Cheaty Anklebiter - Famed hunter of the deadly Achilliosaur.
- Mosh'Ogg Enforcer - Can’t break the rules if you can’t read ‘em.
- Belligerent Gnome - Maybe don't put this one in your garden.
- Rabble Bouncer - "Shirt? Shoes!? No service!"
- Gurubashi Offering - For a limited time, loa blessings are on a pray-one-get-two deal (on selected sacrifices only).
- Arena Fanatic - Her fantasy Rumble league gives double points for dismemberment.
- Murloc Tastyfin - He was destined for the soup. One way or another…
- Arena Patron - Everybody with a ticket get in here!
- Wartbringer - “Does she cause them with magic, or just…like have a bucket she brings with her?”
- Firetree Witchdoctor - If your tree is on fire - stop, drop, and troll.
- Shieldbreaker - Can also break up fights, relationships, and unions.
- Arena Treasure Chest - Yeah it's great, but did you see the Arena Treasure Arms?!
- Dragonmaw Scorcher - Caution: Contains Flammable Material
- Drakkari Trickster - “It’s an illusion, Malacrass!”
- Linecracker - "Tell me if you’ve heard this one!"
- Masked Contender - Knew Mysterious Challenger back when he was a Mysterious Squire.
- Rumbletusk Shaker - Rub a dub dub, three trolls in a tub. And who do you think dey be? Da Shaker, Da Breaker, and Da Undatakah. And all of dem comin' for me.
- Mosh'Ogg Announcer - One's play-by-play. The other is off-color.
- Ice Cream Peddler - I scream, you scream, we all scream when we see a Freeze Mage.
- Snapjaw Shellfighter - Nonono, the turtle is the Shellfighter.
- Da Undatakah - First Deathrattle: Draw a card. Second: Draw 2 cards. Third: Throw Mon'kind off a steel cage and plummet sixteen feet through an announcer’s table.
- Hakkar, the Soulflayer - ATTENTION: Do not enter any major city while infected with the Corrupted Blood!
- Oondasta - Adorning devilsaurs with armor and feathers is a respected job in troll culture, although it has a high turnover rate.
- Baited Arrow - The card is common, but the steak is rare.
- Bloodscalp Strategist - “Shoot them in the face” is more of a tactic than a strategy.
- Untamed Beastmaster - All it takes is a tummy rub.
- Dozing Marksman - It's the sleeper of the set.
- Waterboy - 100% organic troll sweat.
- Bloodclaw - This weapon – ow! Requires a little – OWW! Finesse.
- Zandalari Templar - YOU WERE A TEMPLAR, JONDAR!
- Ornery Tortoise - "Dude, where's my pizza?!"
- Grave Horror - Trolls can regenerate lost limbs, but this is what they do with the leftovers.
- Rain of Toads - "Oh, THAT'S how she brings the warts!"
- Likkim - "I double frog dare you!"
- Overlord's Whip - "This merit badge is for cruelty. This one's for whipping. And this one is for embroidery..."
- Dragon Roar - Not to be confused with Dragon Yodel.
- Headhunter's Hatchet - Zul'jin's primary recruiting tool.
- The Beast Within - Undoes years of obedience school training.
- Halazzi, the Lynx - Remember, you’re only as strong as your weakest lynx.
- Spirit of the Lynx - Much of this shrine’s power lies in the can-opener noise it makes.
- Former Champ - The last time he saw action, Undertaker ruled the meta.
- Stolen Steel - Because Thrall wouldn't lend me Doomhammer.
- Walk the Plank - Pirates will fall for anything.
- Raiding Party - And a bowl of chips. And some of those little cocktail weenies!
- Captain Hooktusk - "You three! Get in the cannon!"
- Gral, the Shark - “… We’re gonna need a bigger board.”
- Amani War Bear - "I used to farm for hours! Now they just come in packs?"
- Cannon Barrage - Why fire your cannons strategically when you can fire them all at once?
- Regenerate - Finally a cure for degenerates.
- Saronite Taskmaster - Don't even think of asking for time off.
- Reckless Diretroll - "Reck less!? ME WRECK MOAR!"
- Demonbolt - Or as it’s known in troll, “De bolt, mon.”
- Mojomaster Zihi - Sadly, she was still two credits short of her Witch Doctorate.
- Revenge of the Wild - My roommates only use Revenge of the Passive Aggressive.
- Crowd Roaster - Every major show has an opening act to warm up the crowd.
- Spirit of the Rhino - Where did they get this preposterous hypothesis?
- Soup Vendor - Fresh from the floor of the arena!
Official Patch Notes
Quote from Blizzard
Rastakhan’s Rumble is nigh! This Hearthstone update makes the final preparations and readies the Tavern for the arrival of Hearthstone’s newest expansion starting December 4! We’re also adding a Fireside Gatherings Pre-release event for Rastakhan’s Rumble, stocking up on Winter Veil decorations, and fixing some bugs.
Read on for details!Rastakhan’s Rumble Pre-Release
Attend a special Pre-Release Fireside Gathering between November 30 at 10:00 am PST through December 3 at 10:00 am PST to open your Rastakhan’s Rumble card packs and Tavern Brawl with the new cards EARLY before the official release date! Find one at www.FiresideGatherings.comChoose One Minions
When choosing a minion to Transform into, these cards now show the minions the card can become. Affected cards include: Shellshifter, Druid of the Claw, Druid of the Flame, Druid of the Saber, Druid of the Scythe, and Druid of the Swarm.Rank 20 Floor
Players that achieve Rank 15 or higher during their Hearthstone career can no longer fall below Rank 20. This should ensure better matches for rank 20 to rank 25 players.Winter Veil!
Be sure to visit the Tavern starting December 18 to cozy up by the fire for a nice round of Hearthstone!Game Improvements & Bug Fixes
- Game Mechanics Update – Different damage redirection effects can chain with each other, but each one will only occur once. Re-directed damage is applied before modifiers (e.g. Cursed Blade) and will only damage the final target once.
- Added a black and purple sparkle effect to indicate when cards and powers that normally provide healing will do damage instead (such as when affected by Auchenai Soulpriest).
- The Rogue Quest card, Crystal Core, now applies to minions in your deck, rather than applying after they are drawn.
- Enchantment tiles now use a square border like history tiles.
- Deathrattles that move a card to hand or deck will no longer sometimes prevent its other Deathrattle effects from triggering.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Augmented Elekk from activating.
- Tracking will no longer sometimes make a card invisible when your hand is full.
- Resolved various minor UI and visual issues.
- Resolved several interaction issues in single-player content. Set watermarks will no longer appear on non-collectible cards.
- New Player Experience
- An Undo button is now available after disenchanting a Wild card when in New Player Ranks.
- When at Legend in both Standard and Wild, if the Wild rank is higher, it will once again be shown on the Quest Log and Friends List.