Chromaggus Boss Guide
Welcome to our Chromaggus Blackrock Mountain Boss Guide. Below you can find more information on the Chromaggus Fight.
Table of Contents
- Boss Overview
- Heroic Difficulty Strategy
- Blackrock Mountain Bosses
Chromaggus is the third boss in the Blackwing Lair wing of the Blackrock Mountain adventure.
Heroic Difficulty Strategy
If you're playing on normal difficulty, the same strategy can be applied, it's just an easier fight!
- Chromaggus has 60 Health on Heroic, and no armor.
- Every turn you will get one Brood Affliction card. This card gives you a negative effect.
- The first five afflictions always show up in the same order: Green, Red, Blue, Bronze, and Black.
- Afflictions after the first five are completely random.
- His Chromatic Dragonkins will grow very powerful if you play too many spells - silence is useful, but if you can get rid of them right away with a minion that is slightly preferred.
- Silence is more useful against the 8+ health Twilight Drakes he loves to drop.
- This fight is easily defeated through cheating the AI with Kel'Thuzad and a Taunt minion.
- Alexstrasza can see some potential play on this fight if you can straight up survive until she can be played.
Boss Card List
These are the cards that Chromaggus uses in his decks.
|Export to BBCode Export to Cockatrice Export to MarkDown Export to Html Clone this deck|
|Minion (18)||Ability (12)|
Winning Deck Lists
Having trouble taking down Chromaggus? These decks have been proven to work against him on Heroic Difficulty.
|Minion (23)||Ability (7)|
Upon defeating Chromaggus for the first time, you will receive two copies of Hungry Dragon.
Once you have earned the regular version of Hungry Dragon, you can craft the golden version for 400 Arcane Dust.
Blackrock Mountain Bosses
We've got boss guides for all the other Blackrock Mountain bosses. Click on their portrait below to learn more about the fight!
- Blackrock Depths - Wing 1
- Molten Core - Wing 2
- Blackrock Spire - Wing 3
- Blackwing Lair - Week 4
- Hidden Laboratory - Week 5