Nefarian Rises is This Week's Brawl!
Join forces with a friend to take down Nefarian. Again. Anduin teams up with newcomer Morgl in this new cooperative Tavern Brawl!
- This brawl debuted on August 17, 2016.
- This is the second time we've seen this brawl.
- The brawl was briefly demoed at gamescom 2016 before it came to live realms.
How it Works
- You and another player will play as either Morgl the Shaman or Anduin the Priest.
- Nefarian, a 200 health boss with taunt, will swap sides of the field so that you will attack him on your turn.
- You and your friend need to work together to defeat Nefarian.
- At the end of each player's turn, Nefarian gets to cast a random spell from his collection.
- When Nefarian hits 160 Health, he will cast Elemental Eruption and gain 5 Attack.
- When Nefarian hits 60 Health, he will cast Twisted Light and gain another 5 Attack for a total of 10.
- You cannot bypass any of Nefarian's phases. If a 4 damage attack would take him from 162 health to 158, it only deals 2 damages putting him at 160 health.
- If at any point your side has 7 minions on it, Nefarian will destroy them all since he can't move into a slot.
There's a lot of different ways you can win, so we're going to give you some general tips.
- Don't get too attached to your cards. Nefarian is able to swap hands between players through Bamboozle.
- Anduin's heal is essential for the fight. It can help keep minions alive on either side of the field to prevent deaths via Flame Missiles. Anduin does have the ability to upgrade his hero power via Justicar Trueheart.
- There are some great targets for buffs. Personally, I had an upgraded Raid Healer which had multiple health buffs and a sweet Inner Fire. That card alone kept us alive.
- Morgl is able to clone Anduin's hero power through Sideshow Spelleater. Wait until Anduin plays Justicar Trueheart before doing it.
- Morgl also has two copies of Windfury. If Anduin can pump up a card, it may be worth giving it some speedy attacks!
- Before you take him down to 160 Health, try and make sure any strong minions of yours won't die to the AOE 4-6 damage. Buff, buff, buff!
- Everything is probably going to die when Nefarian hits 60 Health due to the 30 damage AOE he puts out. I had a minion at 26 Health when my "friend" pushed him over the edge. >.>
- With so many healing options available, don't be too afraid of fatigue. Draw those cards!
- Dragonscale Warrior, a card Morgl has, is another amazing place for buff cards since it also lets you draw.
- Early game you definitely want to go for cards with draw or healing.
Share your own tips in the comments below!
Other Good Buff Targets
- Stoneskin Gargoyle - Heals back up to full? Sign me up!
- Fjola Lightbane - Will survive any phase transition thanks to Divine Shield.
- Bolf Ramshield - With a beefy Bolf, your hero won't need to worry about taking damage ever.
- Intrepid Dragonstalker - Getting this out early is amazing. She gains extra value and "levels up" very quickly.
- Dragonscale Warrior - Tons of card draw to chew through your deck.
Nefarian has access to several special spells. When a spell has two versions it means it is played in the final phase. The token, Explosive Rune, has also been included for easy reference.
Special Player Cards
There are some unique Tavern Brawl only cards available to players.
These are your decks. Use them well, heroes!
|Minion (15)||Ability (15)|
Discuss This Week's Brawl
Head on over to the discussion thread on our forums to discuss this week's brawl.