I don't have all 15 completed, but I have a small collection of rough drafts if anyone is interested. Just wondering if I'm on the right track so far, you know?
- Freeze is basically "my Keyword", so having a Legendary about it makes sense. Sapphiron is the late-game win condition for a Freeze archetype, stalling until you can drop him and start machine-gun blasting the enemy hero with repetitive Freeze effects. It's like what Mages were doing with Ice Lance, but hopefully more fair.
- Chains of Kel'Thuzad is a boss ability, like my Basic spell Detonate Mana. The ability allows Kel'Thuzad to Mind Control a member of the raid for a period of time. Chains of Kel'Thuzad has no Attack-restriction like the lesser Priest control-spells, but it still only lasts until end of turn. The idea is that, if you can get a strong minion killed off on your side, you can then attempt to revive them. If you're worried about the overlap, this would be the only mind control effect in the class.
- Icicle Crasher is one of the only forms of true destruction effects the Lich has access to. By attacking Frozen minions, he shatters them.
- Frostbolt Volley is the next step up from Blizzard, and another boss ability. Frostbolt deals 3 damage and Freezes, so naturally the Volley does the same thing to all enemies.
- Icy Guardian has +1 Attack on Sen'jin Shieldmasta, but he Freezes himself. This doesn't matter much as he's a Taunt minion, and after he dies you are free to revive him and avoid the Battlecry.
- Endless Scourge is like Ancestral Spirit, but cheaper and not as good for the board. Better for Battlecry minions, though. In general, it functions to provide greater fuel to help outlast your opponent.
- Dark Resurgence was seen in Phase I, a flexible card for cheap minion damage or healing.
- well people already said it but the Chains are too strong as 5 mana, at 7-8 I think it would be balanced.
- for Icicle Crasher I think it should read "Whenever this attacks a minion, if it's Frozen destroy it" to keep the wording of Wind-up Burglebot and Frostweaver
- Personally I would make Icy Guarding a 3/6 or even a 2/8, I'm not very keen of it having a Yeti stat lines. But that's just me.
Other than that I like your other cards dude.
Fun fact: I haven't made a single new card this since I submitted my Phase II entry. Awkward... but here's what I have for Classic so far.
7/15. Not great.
I find all your cards really cool (especially Flame rune sword, really simple and nicely done), my only complain is Cursed Armor, which makes me think that it should have a drawback (like Cursed Blade) but it doesn't, maybe you could call it Leeching/Vampiric Armor? this is mostly a nitpick because I couldn't find a problem with your other cards.
So I completely finished my classic set during phase 2!
One card has to get cut for challenge 2 though.
Currently I'm leaning towards cutting Stormstriker since it's somewhat similar to Gerrart. I also need to change some rarities around. Any feedback would be appreciated!
I'm mostly going to give you wording suggestions, because those are a lot of cards and it is kinda late here, sorry dude
- Arcane Rush could read "Draw 2 cards. Next turn, skip your normal draw."
- Conjure: Plate Armor should probably read "Gain 8 armor or give a minion +6 Health" (I would change the 6 to a 4, just for aesthetics)
- Enchant Weapon: Ice I think that you could remove the Spellfury requirement and outright make it a "Give your weapon +1/+1 and "Freeze any character damaged by this weapon."
- I'm not a big fan of Polymorph: Armor it's too wordy for my taste, you should probably keep it as the Spellfury version 8 mana "Silence and destroy a minion. Gain 10 amor" I would personally make it gain 8 armor tho, for the flavour stuff.
- Conjure: Impediment, "...change an enemy minion's attack to 1"
Here's a few of the class cards I current have. Posting here to see if I'm in the right direction. Card fulfill challenge 2: Comet of Doom (1 mana more than Deadly Shot but this class's keyword can require it to be weaker(.
When the people of Azeroth are sleeping or fighting, astronomers study the stars, the sun, the moon and the planets surrounding their sky. With this knowledge, astromancers try their best to make prediction to the future based on the pattern. Unfortunately, their prediction backfires to the people of Azeroth as often as it helps them.
That isn't to say that astromancers are completely wrong. With a little more patient, set up and studying intensely, their prediction have more chance of being useful!
Class Keyword :
Astromancer is a high RNG class that this keyword allows them to reduce the RNG (atleast temporarily) and plan their turn as well as considering their risk / reward ratio accordingly when they don't draw or can't afford to play the Gazecards.
Gaze not only allows the class to play offensively by allow their damage to reliable hit the desirable target, they allow the class to play defensively since their card draw, minion buffs and healing are also pretty random. And yes, Gaze triggers with cards like Mosh'Ogg Announcer .
Gaze effects not only activate with your own random effect but also your opponent's random effect as well. Which mean that you can protect your minions from devastating effects like Deadly Shot or from Die, Insect! from mowing your important minions or life down too quickly.
Gaze only activate and disappear on ELIGIBLE targets only. If there is no eligible target, the random effect will proceed with the target selection like normal. If minions with Gaze died from effect like Arcane Missiles mid-casting, the target selection will continue on as normal. If two or more target are Gazed , the target that were Gazed first will be the target for the random effect. If they are Gazed at the same time, the effect will randomly pick among the Gazed targets. This is especially important to remember because Gaze also stacks on a character until the previous one disappear, which mean that timing and anticipating the opponent's play is key for your random effect to have the most value.
How do you know and keep track of which characters are Gazed ? Any character that is Gazed will have an eye symbol with blue aura surrounding them when you hover over. Here's an example (thanks to the brilliant NoahMcGrath):
List of available cards in the Basic and Classic set that will be effected by this keyword:
Sylvanas Windrunner (before HoF)
Ragnaros the Firelord (before HoF)
Strength and Weakness:
- High token spawning : As long as there is one star in the sky, the Astromancers will be able to summon out theAstral Spirit that represent the soul of those stars to fight for them.
- High burst spell damage / finisher : Astromancers can command down comets and meteors from the night sky to hit their foe. Not only that but the Astral Spirits when buffs up can become formidable allies
- Decent healing : Each Astral Spirits not only allows for board presence, each of them are gentle and helpful beings who heal you and your allies/minions over time by 2 Health if they are injured.
- Decent removal: When not falling into your opponent's face, the comets and meteor conjured by the Astromancers can instead annihilate the enemy minions.
- Decent card draw : With so many random effects and the need to combine with their class keyword Gaze in order for them to be effective, Astromancers will boast a decent amount of card draw in order for them to afford to play the Gaze and the random effect in combination
- High disruption : The stars and the sky not only protect you in your turn, but in your opponent's turn as well. In addition to being a Secret class (that will be showncased in the Classic sets) and their class mechanic Gazeactivates during your opponent's turn, a lot of their minions and spells also carry disruption effects that will cause your opponent to have to think twice before making any moves as well as creating interactive games from both sides.
- Unreliable random effects: The power of the celestials are powerful but unstable. Astromancer is a class built from the ground up to be a high variant class. This is especially prevalent in their Basic cards and Hero Power. If your hand is filled with random effects with no effective way to make them more consistent, the RNG can easily screw you over.
- Jack-of-all-trade, Master of None : Astromancer's class card has everything but not as best as a particular something. It's both a curse in that they will be harder to clearly pinpoint a best deck while a blessing in that it allows them to be flexible and incorporating many elements in their decks.
- Buffs focus on giving minions Health and utility, not offensive power : Most of the Astromancer buffs are focusing on keeping the minions on the field, not finishing off your opponent. Thus you have to contend with grind them out and draw into your burst as well as trading and dealing chip damage carefully.
- Healing tied to spawning minions : The class has very few healing outside of spawning the Astral Spirits . Thus you need to keep them alive if you want the healing to you and your minions provided by them. They also have no natural Armor gain, so they are vulnerable to 30 or more burst damage.
- Weak board clear : The power of the stars are unreliable when forcing them to target multiple enemies. Most of the Astromancer's board clear are either unreliable (aka random), symmetrical or inefficient in term of damage to their cost.
- Scrutiny shouldn't cost 1 mana, I know that it is probably part of the bread and butter of your class, but as a 1 mana cycle there is no reason to run it in every deck.
- Celestial Drake is just Azure Drake and I'm pretty sure that that was your intention but there is a reason why he was sent to the Hall of Fame, and your Drake has a bigger card draw potential.
- On a side note, if you want to make a class with secrets since the beginning you will have to make at least 4 secrets.
I did some cards during phase II and I will post them later. I need an help for the wording of this card. I'm not sure how to write it correctly. What I want is that this card change randomly his stats at the start/end of the turn with a random number from 0 to 6. And yeah, if the Health goes to 0 it will get destroyed.
It's gonna be a card and a token of a spell (just looking for a different image tho)
Also this is the legendary I thought about:
My Keyword is Evergrowth: The minions have +1+1 for each minion on the board with evergowth
I thought about boosting this mechanic giving the Hero a permanent Evergowth bonus, in this case is a + 2 which means that if you summon a minion with evergrowth it will have a buff of +2+2 regardless of the minions on the board with the keyword.
I think is a bit too cheap a this stage, stats aren't great but the buff is good...so I'm not sure if i should put it at 6 mana or more. I was also thinking to adjust the battlecry with "If you control an Herb, give your Hero Evergrowth +2" which will make it a bit more difficult to play.
Otherwise remove the +2 and just give the hero Evergrowth+1
I just quoted from my previous post to put this 2 questions together.
- the specimen feels like like a really unfun card to play and play against dude, just because it has such a big margin of possibilities (it could be eternally a 6/6 or in the first roll change it's Health to 0) I would recommend making it a Battlecry, or at least keeping it between 1-3/4
- And for the Lego, it doesn't feel like a Classic lego, if you look at all the Class Legendary minions you would see that all of them are basically giant beat sticks.
Edit: I have to agree with Demon, the 2nd challenge doesn't work as a classic challenge,, there wasn't strictly worse cards in the basic/classic set between classes. And as you showed it only happens between expansions. I think it could work as a later challenge but not right now.