(credit: Kiwiinbacon) NB: Card changes.
If you find success with a deck, why not share that success with others? This is the reason for this deck post. I do not want my efforts to go wasted.
Through the past 3 days of fiddling (the viable card combinations) with iterations of the control mage - this came up to be the most successful (for me). Test it out, I want to hear your reactions!
I have been playing this deck nonstop for at least 2 days in a row, and I've had great results; now I want to see the potential at the hands of someone else.
Given enough time, this deck will break through the rank 10 floors of Cubelocks, Control warlocks, Dragon-priests, Jade druids, Aggro-druids, and Highlander priests; and performs as an anti-meta alternative. (pre-nerf)
Important Card Choices
Coldlight Oracle is essential against card hoarding decks such as Priest and Warlock and can be a win condition, unlike Acolyte of Pain, which is the most direct comparison. Coldlight also works dynamically better than Acolyte in the sense that Coldlight Oracle draws immediately. In clutch situations, Coldlight can save you by drawing Arcane Artificer.
This card can fetch all your luxuries such as Rin, Polymorph, Dragon's Fury, Arcane Artificer, Ice Block, Jaina, Alanna, Mind Control, Gnome Feratu, Bloodreaver Gul'dan, Kazakus, Sacrificial Pact, Shadow word: Death, and more. Extremely good card for the Archetype.
The combination of above secrets has in my testing been more efficient than 2x Ice Block because you have a greater chance to bounce back after the block pop - instead of staying like a sitting duck. Additionally, the ice barrier helps to cover the block.
I could add more cards to this list, however, not all of these are self-contained, which is the reason for the designated cards and the segment.
The inspiration has been derived from HotMeowth's and TicTac_HS's existing versions of the deck in addition to the Kazakus builds!
- It is okay to keep 1x Coldlight Oracle in the hand vs Priest; vs Warlock you have to keep Coldlight; in other matchups, you do not need the extra draw.
- Only keep a maximum of 1x Doomsayer in the hand.
- Always search for Arcanologist, Tar Creeper, and Dragon's Fury.
- Against Aggro search for Doomsayer, Dirty Rat.
- Keep Skulking Geist against Druids and Warlocks.
- Keep Polymorph against Warlocks.
- PLEASE, do not use Doomsayers against Control- and Cubelocks.
- Keep Blizzard against Paladins.
I know that people hide their thumbs-ups, but if you like the deck, do not forget to show your appreciation.
- Now is better against Tempo decks due to Meatwagon + Dragon's Fury combo searching Doomsayer.
- Added Weapon removal instead of 1x Flamestrike to help against unfavorable matchups such as the occasional mirror match and pesky Warlocks!
- Added 2x Kabal Courier.
- The deck was too greedy against Paladins and Mages. Made some defensive changes.
(Ranked pre-nerf stats, starting at Rank 5, 0 stars. 2/6/2018)