UPDATE: anyone looking for another off-meta deck capable of reaching legend, check out the Double Pyroblast Freeze Mage deck I used to get Legend this season [S49]!
Thanks for all the upvotes everyone.
I used this list to climb from Rank 13 to
rank 2 LEGEND in a few hours on 03/28-30 (was playing Wild the rest of the month because of how stale the meta is). Proof here. The deck is somewhat standard for Zoolock but with a heavy focus around Demon synergy.
- Blood Imp: doesn't apply a lot (any) pressure but helps making your board less susceptible to board clear and your minions stick.
- Demonfire: since the deck runs a lot of 1-drops, this is an excellent turn 2 play to buff your guys and take favorable trades. The opponent usually doesn't expect that. Can also help you get back on the board or remove your opponent's minions like Knife Juggler, Mistress of Mixtures while going face or preserving your minion's life.
- Bloodfury Potion: similar to Demonfire, synergizes well with your 1-2 drops (e.g. Blood Imp) and helps you take favorable trades. Works exceptionally well against priest if you're able to buff Voidwalker to create a 4-attack taunt that trades well with most of their early minions.
- Fungalmancer: could be seen as a win-more card but it surprises the opponent more often than not and synergizes well with the deck since we run so many 1 drops.
- Crystalweaver: since almost half of the deck are demons (14/30 cards), this usually gets to buff 1-2 minions at least which already makes it a 4 mana 6/5 or 7/6. Value.
- Prince Keleseth: Vulgar Homunculus is such a great turn 2 play that synergizes with the rest of the deck that I don't think it's worth switching it for the (admittedly great) upside of the +1/+1 buffs. If you want to include this card, you might as well probably switch at least 4-6 other Demon synergy cards in the deck.
Always keep Flame Imp as it trades favorably against Northshire Cleric and Mana Wyrm. Most of the time I tend to keep other 1-drops except Blood Imp to make sure I have a curve. If already have a 1-drop, it's ok to keep Vulgar Homunculus and Demonfire.
Against Paladin I always keep Despicable Dreadlord even though it tops our mana card since it's your main win condition against their wide board.
Hope this helps some people climb some ranks in the last few days of the season!