Golden Archivist gives you 10 golden cards extra and looks good. Golden Kalecgos looks worse than Golden Nozari. Easy decision.
- Registered User
Member for 5 years, 5 months, and 8 days
Last active Wed, Jun, 9 2021 20:35:44
- 0 Followers
- 573 Total Posts
- 333 Thanks
Apr 12, 2019Posted in: General Discussion
It depends on what you mean by 'bad'. I have seen good uses for all of them so far. They all fit in a some type of deck. None are Harbinger Celestia levels of 'bad'. They cannot all be Meta-good at the same time in their very first expansion. Give them some time. Remember how many players dusted Hadronox because it was 'bad' in the first expansion only to recraft it soon after.
Apr 11, 2019Magitact posted a message on Mage's lack of support in Survivability! Is it bad?Posted in: General Discussion
I reached for the very bottom of the barrel yesterday. I resorted to using Ice Cream Peddler and freezing my own minion for armor in true Freeze Shaman style. Spoiler alert: It did not work out too well!
Apr 11, 2019Posted in: Druid
I would say it's too early to tell. I hope that Druid turns out to be the new Rogue going forward. We all know that Rogue will always "find a way" to be relavent. It might just take some time to figure Druid it out. I agree with all the nerfs and am optimistic that Druid is going in a healthy new direction. It is hard for me to believe that Druid can ever be the worst class in Hearthstone given all the flexible cards it has access to. Wardruid Loti is one of the most flexible cards in the game in a vacuum. Creative deck builders will figure this out.
Apr 8, 2019Magitact posted a message on Underused crads from Boomsday/Rastakhan which will shine after rotation?Posted in: Card Discussion
Apr 8, 2019Posted in: General Deck Building
It really depends on which card you are crafting. They said Big Priest was being looked at closely. I think there will be changes coming to this deck in 2 months from ROS launch. This is usually when nerfs happen now. There is no safe craft in meta decks. Barnes seems safe because he is the most likely candidate for a nerf which means you can dust him for full value. He can also be used in other classes if you want to keep him. If you are crafting the whole deck then you better like playing other 'Big' decks. Big priest can be very boring to pilot.
Apr 5, 2019Posted in: Wild Format
To the OP or anyone else interested in golden cards: Before you go on your dust spending spree, You need to figure out exactly what you really want out of this so you do not make a 3600 dust mistake or worse. Here are some guidelines you might want to consider:
1. You better be playing the card frequently enough for it to be worth it. There isn't much point in crafting something gold if you are not serious about playing Wild decks long term. Free to play players who have trouble keeping up with standard shouldn't bother along with those who dust everything nonstandard upon rotation.
2. You better like the deck you are playing it in. There is no point in crafting a golden Malygos if you are bad at playing those types of decks (even if you really like Dragons).
3. What aesthetic value does it provide you? Do you just like the art? Do you like golden cards that crap out more golden cards? Do you like to have certain cards gold as a visual reminder that it is in your hand? Are Dragons or Pirates just your jam? How much does the Warcraft lore really matter to you?
4. Are there other rarities and cards that are just better? You can craft 2 golden Academic Espionage for the price of 1 golden legendary. If you like to play thief rogue this is one of the best values in the game.
5. How much time and money are you going to invest in the game to get to your goal.
Apr 5, 2019Posted in: Wild Format
But ... but ... you might open them golden, which is the most efficient way of all!
I think it makes more sense to wait and see which ones are actually good, but if you insist on this madcap spree, I agree that the ones you've earmarked as safe are indeed safe.
Keeper Stalladris is also safe and totally worth it -- you will get golden copies of the choices.
Heistbaron Togwaggle is going to be insane if you play any kind of Rogue, and again, golden treasure.
Will Jepetto Joybuzz turn the cards golden as he draws them? Would be nice. This is a very safe craft if you play combo-ish decks.
1. The most efficient way of opening golden cards depends on the player and how many packs are going to be opened. It also depends on what their particular goal is. Are you crafting gold because you like the art on the card, or are you crafting something gold like Academic Espionage so you can see and duplicate more golden stuff? If you are Kibler for example and plan on having everything gold, then yes you should just open all your 500+ packs first and then fill in whatever you missed.
However most people do not have that kind of money or time to farm in-game gold. Which means the most efficient way to craft Golden Legendaries for most players is to craft before you open any packs! The chances of getting a golden legendary are slim and getting the exact one you want are even slimmer. You will open regular copies of these if you do not craft them gold first which means you are dusting them for 400 dust while not opening another legendary you could have gotten in the set. That is very inefficient.
2. I'm fairly certain that Jepetto Joybuzz will NOT turn your draws into golden copies. Fel Lord Betrug probably does give those tokens on the board golden status. Drawing Actual cards out of your deck into your hand or onto the board (Recruit mechanic) does not usually create gold stuff. Creating tokens of cards, Evolving, and summoning from the Graveyard mechanic usually does. You have to be careful and really read the card and think about the interactions if your goal is to make as many things as possible gold. I foolishly crafted The Boomship golden day 1 because I saw the word 'summon' and just assumed anything summoned from a spell came out golden. Boy was I wrong. Oh well at least I like the art and it may see more play soon.
Apr 4, 2019Posted in: Wild Format
It can be fun. Fun decks have a better shot at rank 15 or above if you are trying to play against another 'fun' deck. There is at least a 50 % chance you will queue up against something Tier 1 though. Murlocs already have forms of reload besides the one you mentioned. I wouldn't get too hyped on any one card. Completing the quest and Neptulon are reload. There are also enough cards in the pool to run midrange and control versions after Shadows releases.
Apr 2, 2019Posted in: Card Discussion
I'm guessing to have to control those Battlecry minions on the board and then play Barista to get the value. Am I reading this right? Seems like a win more situation if you have to wait a turn. Or you play this on turn 10 with some cheap battlecry minions.
Apr 1, 2019Magitact posted a message on What rotating cards are potentially nerfed in the future?Posted in: General Discussion
I would look out for cards in degenerate decks. Big Priest is already on their radar. It might be helpful to look at other card games to predict keywords or mechanics that Blizzard might 'borrow' that could break the game.
Apr 1, 2019Posted in: Card Discussion
Pretty good card for wild! Felfire Potion, Abyssal Enforcer, Hellfire, etc. can now all be shuffled back into your deck with Plot Twist and this. Suicidelock can finally be viable with all the recent healing options.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.