Well, i've done it, I broke Battlegrounds. Or at least, I am getting punished for something. I've managed to drop 900 MMR over the last 2 days, most of which just today. I've gotten one 3rd and one 4th place today. All other games (8/9 or so) were losses.
The reason is always one of the following;
1) Simple bad luck in the shop, making you lose health every turn never able to catch up,
2) Getting hit for 25+ damage on turn 6 by someone that high-rolled the absolute f***ing shit out of the game,
3) Getting knocked out for (nearly) exact lethal, JUST as you have a build together.
Man, this is not fun. I've dropped from 8900 to 8000 MMR and its getting worse by the minute. I have to stop playing for a couple of days, before I physically break stuff around here.
It's not true.
Beating Battlegrounds is simple. It is about *NOT* getting triggered.
Just say "Haha, nice Bob F you!"
I've had 5 digit MMR for I think a month. Bob gives me trash out 2 out of 3 games. I just finished 2nd in game where somehow mysteriously I got no triples like normal, which is not really a big deal because if I do get triples I whiff hard into trash rolls.
This meta is easier than ever by a long shot.
1) There are so many busted heroes now. The age of 80% trash heroes sailed long ago, thank God!
2) There are so many options for board building now. The age of Bob kill you by offering you the death roll opener involving 1/1 Wrath Weavers and a couple of Mecharoos is gone!
Now, with those big advancements towards a level playing field -- if you are doing poorly look in the mirror and there is the guy or gal to blame.
Individual Battlegrounds games can be frustrating, but collectively they are easier than ever. It's very hard to have 3 or 5 bad games in a row, for instance.
With all of these adjustments that make the game far more fair and balanced, perhaps you need to master YOURSELF.
If you are easily triggered, Battlegrounds certainly is not for you.
Pro tip: Getting triggered is also known as "throwing the game." If you like to throw games that's on you. I've had numerous games that sucked the whole way where I finished 3rd or 5th, I've also had games with out of this world luck where I finished 7th.
Ask yourself what misplays you made each game. You can't control in-game elements, but you can control your decisions.