This deck is made to defeat the Heroic boss Patchwerk at the lowest (dust) cost possible. Feel free to make adjustments and add rares, epics, and legendaries that you see fit!
Unique AI cards:
- 1x Hook (Heroic Difficulty - 4/8 with Windfury and the same deathrattle effect).
Ability - Hateful Strike - 4 mana: Destroy a minion. (This means that Patchwerk can only kill one minion per turn when frozen).
Weaknesses - this boss is defeated in a simple yet effective way by using the Mage's freezing capabilities and exploiting some weird priorities of the boss. Following the turn-by-turn guide below and getting at least decent draws will ensure your victory against Patchwerk. The ability is weak since you (almost) always can play a new creature on the board every turn.
- Turn 1: As mentioned in the mulligan. Play a 1 cost taunt (Mirror Image, Goldshire Footman or Shieldbearer.
- Turn 2: Play a 1 (or two 1 cost taunts) or a 2 cost taunt (Mirror Image, Goldshire Footman, Shieldbearer, Frostwolf Grunt, Unstable Ghoul or a coined Deathlord).
- Turn 3: now It gets a bit more interesting. Play the cheapest minion (only one) possible this turn (Voodoo Doctor is ideal) and if possible combine it with a coined secret (Duplicate or Ice Barrier). (He is then "forced" to spend 4 mana to destroy your minion).
- Turn 4: Also known as the key turn against this boss. But the only thing you have to do is to play Patchwerk's biggest weakness: the Water Elemental.
- Turn 5-->: From now on you repeat the same process until Patchwerk is dead. Freeze him with your Water Elemental and play all the taunts possible from your hand. The boss is (somewhat... stupidly) programmed to always kill taunt creatures first. He will therefore ignore your Water Elemental as long as you have a at least one taunt on the board.
Play time is over, Patchwerk!
I will keep posting my "Commons and Basics Only" - decks week by week for every part of the expansion. Check them out and good luck!
The Arachnid Quarter
- Anub'Rekhan (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80013-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-anubrekhan-heroic)
- Grand Widow Faerlina (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80281-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-grand-widow)
- Maexxna (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80056-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-maexxna-heroic)
The Plague Quarter
- Noth the Plaguebringer (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81068-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-noth-the)
- Heigan the Unclean (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81132-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-heigan-the)
- Loatheb (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81242-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-loatheb-heroic)
The Military Quarter
- Instructor Razuvious (*Coming soon*)
- Gothik the Harvester (*Coming soon*)
- Baron Rivendare (*Coming soon*)
The Construct Quarter
- Patchwerk (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90145-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-patchwerk-heroic)
- Grobbulus (*Coming soon*)
- Gluth (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90302-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-gluth-heroic-f2p)
- Thaddius (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90968-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-thaddius-heroic)
- Sapphiron (*Coming soon*)
- Kel'Thuzad (*Coming soon*)