This deck is made to defeat the Heroic boss Grand Widow Faerlina at the lowest (dust) cost possible. Feel free to make adjustments and add rares, epics, and legendaries that you see fit!
Mulligan for: cards with a low mana cost (1-2).
Unique AI cards:
- 2x Deathcharger
- 5x Worshipper (Heroic Difficulty - 2/4: Your hero has +3 attack on your turn.)
- 2x Necroknight
Ability - Rain of Fire - 1 mana: Fire a missile for each card in your opponent's hand. (This is countered easily by playing out your whole hand).
Weaknesses - her ability is rendered useless by playing your whole hand. Mainly plays low damage creatures in the early game (except Worshipper) - this is countered by small taunt minions. Her only removal is 2x Hellfire (and 2x Inner Rage).
From the get go, play as many small creatures on the board as you can, emptying your hand as soon as possible (now Rain of Fire poses no threat anymore).
If you are lucky, one of the few missiles she will be able to fire will hit the Amani Berserker enraging it (can also be done with your own Elven Archer). Nerubian Egg also works as a counter to her ability and her only board clear, Hellfire.
Speaking of luck, Worshipper (the Heroic version) is the card that can ruin your day fighting Faerlina. It is totally luck dependent if she draws one (she has 5x of them) and if she does you are in trouble. Remove these minions as soon as possible. On the other hand if she does not draw one, you win... most likely.
Later in the game when she has 3-4 medium sized cretures on the board you will probably have to ignore them and deal as much damage to Faerlina as possible. She does not run any taunts and Hellfire will not be used as she will kill her own minions.
One more thing to look out for is 2x Rampage. Counter this by not leaving to many damaged minions on the board (easier said than done).
All in all - keep flooding the board, chipping away at her health and you should be good to go.
"The widow embraces me!" Worshipper, 2014
I will keep posting my "Commons and Basics Only" - decks week by week for every part of the expansion. Check them out and good luck!
The Arachnid Quarter
- Anub'Rekhan (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80013-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-anubrekhan-heroic)
- Grand Widow Faerlina (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80281-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-grand-widow)
- Maexxna (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80056-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-maexxna-heroic)
The Plague Quarter
- Noth the Plaguebringer (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81068-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-noth-the)
- Heigan the Unclean (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81132-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-heigan-the)
- Loatheb (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81242-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-loatheb-heroic)
The Military Quarter
- Instructor Razuvious (*Coming soon*)
- Gothik the Harvester (*Coming soon*)
- Baron Rivendare (*Coming soon*)
The Construct Quarter
- Patchwerk (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90145-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-patchwerk-heroic)
- Grobbulus (*Coming soon*)
- Gluth (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90302-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-gluth-heroic-f2p)
- Thaddius (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90968-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-thaddius-heroic)
- Sapphiron (*Coming soon*)
- Kel'Thuzad (*Coming soon*)