This deck is made to defeat the Heroic boss Thaddius at the lowest (dust) cost possible. Feel free to make adjustments and add rares, epics, and legendaries that you see fit!
Mulligan for: Hunter's Mark, Freezing Trap and Tracking. You might want to keep Deadly Shot as well if all else fails. If you have the Hunter's Mark mulligan for something that deals 1 damage in the early game (for example: Arcane Shot or Stonetusk Boar).
Unique AI cards:
- 2x Supercharge
Ability - Polarity Shift - 0 mana: Swap the Attack and Health of all minions. (This ability is always used at the start of Thaddius' turn).
Weaknesses - his minions does not benefit from the ability Polarity Shift more than it benefits you. In fact, it can be used as "healing" when your minions are buffed continuously, every turn, by for example a Timber Wolf. He also does not run any overpowered cards and your biggest problem by far is that he plays Feugen and Stalagg on turn 1. If you can get past these two monstrosities you will not face anything too terrible during the mid and late game.
In the early game remove Feugen and Stalagg using Hunter's Mark and Freezing Trap. Always use the mark on the 4/7, if you can not remove it the same turn, you have at least lowered its attack to 1 the following turn. Thaddius always attacks with the creature with highest attack first. So you can "remove" them both making one of them a 1/4 and freezing the 4/7 by turn 2. (The 4/7 can not be played until turn 7 so it poses no threat anymore). If needed, a lucky Deadly Shot can remove the remaining big guy on turn 3.
There are two combos that can outright win you the fight. The first one is buffing your Scavenging Hyena with smaller beasts, turn after turn. This will make its attack and health rise steadily. Remeber that attacking a minion lowers your attack the following turn, so always think (at least) one turn ahead. Thaddius has no removal for big guys (for single targets that is, except maybe Lightning Bolt combined with a creature attack), which allows the hyena to grow out of proportion quickly. The second combo is card draws using Starving Buzzard and Unleash the Hounds (or other small beasts). You can find your self running out of cards with this deck, so sometimes this combo will be a lifesaver and/or a game winner.
Timber Wolf, Dire Wolf Alpha and Leokk are all great cards for buffing your minions repeatedly. For example: A 3/4 beast buffed by a Timber Wolf becomes a 5/3 when Polarity Shift is used. Utilize this as soon as possible and your board will grow stronger and stronger for every turn!
The only area of effect spells to look out for are 2x Forked Lightning and 2x Lightning Storm. The drawback of these cards (2x Overload) make them not too threatening. Also if you have a strong Scavenging Hyena on the board it will get buffed even further.
The most likely outcome is that you kill Thaddius with either a board filled with buffed small and medium sized creatures and/or a huge attack (10+) from a Scavenging Hyena.
Your welcome, Thaddius.
I will keep posting my "Commons and Basics Only" - decks week by week for every part of the expansion. Check them out and good luck!
The Arachnid Quarter
- Anub'Rekhan (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80013-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-anubrekhan-heroic)
- Grand Widow Faerlina (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80281-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-grand-widow)
- Maexxna (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/80056-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-maexxna-heroic)
The Plague Quarter
- Noth the Plaguebringer (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81068-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-noth-the)
- Heigan the Unclean (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81132-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-heigan-the)
- Loatheb (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/81242-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-loatheb-heroic)
The Military Quarter
- Instructor Razuvious (*Coming soon*)
- Gothik the Harvester (*Coming soon*)
- Baron Rivendare (*Coming soon*)
The Construct Quarter
- Patchwerk (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90145-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-patchwerk-heroic)
- Grobbulus (*Coming soon*)
- Gluth (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90302-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-gluth-heroic-f2p)
- Thaddius (http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/90968-commons-and-basics-only-and-naxx-thaddius-heroic)
- Sapphiron (*Coming soon*)
- Kel'Thuzad (*Coming soon*)