WELCOME TO THE NEW SUPER MORE BETTER UPDATED DECK v99+! MEGA
This deck is still in a good place in the current meta. If i feel that I am getting more value out of some of the TGT cards, an update will come.... Promise :)
I will also be updating the "Mulligans and Matchups" part of the guide as more defined decks come out of the meta. To do list so far: Face Hunter, Secret Paladin, Control Paladin, Astral Druid, and Dragon Priest. Let me know if there are otheres you would like me to do
Most times, just stick to the curve and keep the board clear. Laugh every single time you kill a minion with one of your many weapons because you know they are crying and saying gg to themselves by turn 3. Armor up but don't be too afraid to take some damage to kill a minion. Use your weapons to trade, not your early game minions.
This is the stage of the game where you taunt up, armor up, and execute (literally and figuratively). Just try to make the best use of both your minions and your executes/shield slams. Take your time when you make a decision and make sure its the right one or you can quickly lose control of the game.
Spam legendary cards until you win.
No really... that's it. Okay, well kinda. I will add this.. Spam legendary cards WELL until you win. Just remember that Grommash is your win condition.
Card Choices (the deck)
Execute: Essential to the warrior's kit. Not only does it help with keeping the board clear against strong mid game cards but can save you the game if you are playing against another control or handlock or any deck with high health cards.
Shield Slam: Another essential card to the warrior kit. Lets you use your armor as a weapon... Nuff said.
Whirlwind: Can wipe the board of some early game aggro cards, set you up for an Execute, or poke Grommash to proc his enrage ability.
Firey War Axe: Another essential card. Clear the board with this early... Nuff said.
Annoy-o-tron: Amazing turn 2 against aggro decks. gives you two turns of taunt, minimum. Very successful in this deck.
Armorsmith: Gets you the early and mid game armor needed to make it to late game. Essential to the deck.
Cruel Taskmaster:Sets up execute combo,set up Grommash for mad damage combo, or gives you the damage you need to finish off an enemy. Amazing card.
Ironbeak Owl: Silence... nuff said
Shield Block: Another essential card to the warrior kit. Gives you armor and lets you draw a card.... Nuff said.
Acolyte of Pain: Gives you more chances to draw cards. Essential.
Big Game Hunter: Instakill a 7+... yes please. Really good against the mirror, handlock, and other big powerhouse decks.
Death's Bite: Great weapon, really helps with aggro and out of control games
Brawl: Board Clear... Nuff said. Keep in mind that deathrattles still go off, so if Sylvanas is in the Brawl and the opponent wins and your Sylvanas dies... you get their winning card.
Harrison Jones: Almost a necessity in this weapon heavy meta. The card draws are super nice too
Sludge Belcher: Strong midgame taunt... Nuff said.
Shieldmaiden: A new amazing card added to the warrior kit. A 5/5 that gives 5 mana.... yes please
Sylvanas Windrunner: Puts your opponent in a tricky situation usually. Takes some practice to learn when to play, but worth it.
Baron Geddon: The lower and more quick minion play has been boosted with the the new mechs. this card will really keep the threat of getting overwhelmed down... Especially in the shaman matchup
Dr. Boom: Best 7 drop in the game right now. Forces the other player to make a move they dont want to do... which is usually sacrifice everything to kill that 7/7
Grommash Hellscream: Essential. Bread and butter ending combo... Nuff said.
Ragnagos the Firelord: Finisher... Nuff said.
Alexstrasza: Just good against the mirror and can can get you into lethal range or out of it in many cases. Overall I have found this card to be very helpful
Card Choices (common cards that were not added/card testing)
Bomb Lobber: Currently being tested, will update with results. I like the card... but I feel I have been getting more out of other cards
Loatheb: Just not a necessity in the current meta.
- If you feel like you are facing a ton of aggro decks and cant seem to last to the late game, put this in the deck
Mulligans and Matchups
- Coin: Annoy-o-Tron, Armorsmith, Cruel Taskmaster, and Death's Bite
- Play a nice and steady curve. Make them clear your board. Just play around swipe early game. For late game, just make sure you count their damage for a Force/Roar combo.
- Without: Annoy-o-Tron, Armorsmith, Cruel Taskmaster, and Death's Bite
- Same as coin. Play to a curve, stay out of swipe and lethal range and win. That simple.
- Coin: Annoy-o-Tron, Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, Death's Bite, and Harrison Jones
- Not too bad of a match up. Honestly, just play your curve and clear the field. Just keep track of the Hunter secrets and this should be a breeze.
- Without: Annoy-o-Tron, Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, Death's Bite, and Harrison Jones
- Not too bad of a matchup. Honestly, just play your curve and clear the field. Just keep track of the Hunter secrets and this should be a breeze.
- Coin: Annoy-o-Tron, Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, and Brawl
- These two cards are going to put you in control of the game early. Just kill the Mana Wyrm or Mechwarper the second it is played with the Axe. Use Annoy-o-Tron to hault the Snowchugger and others from freezing you and getting off early damage. Brawl is important since the new mages play a much more minion and mech oriented deck rather than spells. Getting an armor advantage in the early/mid game is also fairly important.
- Without: Annoy-o-Tron, Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, and Brawl
- Really looking to do the same thing here as with the coin. Just wait that extra turn and throw that Axe up. Or stall with Annoy-o-Tron and throw acolyte up to get some card draws. Brawl is important since the new mages play a much more minion and mech oriented deck rather than spells. Getting an armor advantage in the early/mid game is also fairly important.
- Coin: Annoy-o-Tron, Armorsmith, Acolyte of Pain, Fiery War Axe, Death's Bite, and Harrison Jones
- Use Annoy-o-Tron, Armorsmith, and Acolyte to take advantage of the Paladin hero power. Use Harrison accordingly. Use the Axe and Death's bite to keep the field clear. Personally, I like to keep Death's bite at one charge on the field because Paladin's now run the Muster for Battle and the deathrattle is an easy way to remedy this. Use Grommash to win and then hit that sarcastic well played.
- Without: Annoy-o-Tron, Armorsmith, Fiery War Axe, Death's Bite, Harrison Jones, and Acolyte of Pain
- Same as having the coin. Just keep that board clear and try to keep gaining armor. Taunt up when possible. Use Grommash to win and then hit that sarcastic well played.
- Coin: Shield Slam, Cruel Taskmaster, Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, and Death's Bite
- Shield slam is important to get out early threats like Blademaster and Cultist. Coin in Acolyte to Taskmaster is good to start. Try to sweep the board then kill Cultist last with Death's Bite so its deathrattle is wasted. Just be careful of Cabal... this matchup more than any you need to play slow and just think
- Without: Shield Slam, Cruel Taskmaster, Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, and Death's Bite
- Similar start. maybe just keep armoring til you can shield slam an early threat then play minions. Just be careful of Cabal... this matchup more than any you need to play slow and just think
- Coin: Armorsmith, Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, Death's Bite, Harrison Jones, and Annoy-o-Tron
- Just put your armorsmith and/or acolyte onto the field early to start of with an advantage. or Just throw Annoy-o-Tron onto the field and laugh as they waste spells and whatever to clear it and give you time to build armor. Clear the board with you Axe. Save Death's bite until you see and Azure or Gadgetzan. Save Harrison until you see those weapon buffs or an Assassain's Blade.
- Without: Armorsmith, Acolyte of Pain, Fiery War Axe, Death's Bite, Harrison Jones, and Annoy-o-Tron
- Same as with the coin. Just keep the board clear. Throw Annoy-o-Tron and laugh. You know, the usual.
- Coin: Death's Bite, Brawl, Armorsmith, Cruel Taskmaster, Fiery War Axe, and Acolyte of Pain
- Weapon's and some early minions are important in this match up. Most of the time you will just be trying to follow your mana curve as best as possible. With coin... just wait for that Death's Bite because you are going to need to to kill the Unbound Elemental.
- Without: Armorsmith, Annoy-o-Tron, Cruel Taskmaster, Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, and Brawl
- Use that Annoy-o-tron to either stunt some early damage or get a free 1 damage on something that you could then kill with your Axe. Again, just do what a control warrior does best... control the board
- Coin: Cruel Taskmaster, Armorsmith, Fiery War Axe, and Annoy-o-Tron
- Assume Zoo. Axe is what you need. A coin in Armorsmith to Taskmaster is good but not very often since only 1 of each. Annoy-o-Tron is a super safe bet (don't coin in... con in Axe is better). Really, the second they don't play anything turn 1 just wait. if they draw then just start building up a huge armor lead early
- Without: Annoy-o-Tron, Fiery War Axe, and Death's Bite
- Annoy-o-tron and Axe is all you are looking for. Just stunt their early game, if Zoo, by killing everything and taunting up. If handlock... armor up
- Coin: Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, Harrison Jones, and Death's Bite
- Just use your weapons to keep the board clear early. Use you Acolyte to draw so you're looking good in the hand walking into mid and late game. Harrison is a great card in the matchup (do note that when you Harrison a Death's Bite the 1 damage to everything still occurs. Sometimes I forget and it puts me in an awkward spot haha). I wouldn't keep Annoy-o-Tron in this matchup because their Armorsmiths and Acolytes are going to get free draws off of you, save it for later to stunt late game damage. Save the coin for a later game legendary drop...
- Without: Fiery War Axe, Acolyte of Pain, Death's Bite, Harrison Jones, and Cruel Taskmaster
- Honestly, just do the same as if you had the coin. Warrior isn't going to rush you down so just keep the board clear and armor up. Use Acolyte and Harrison to your advantage and get some draws to set you up for a good mid and late game
Just scroll down and hit that button that says "Revision History"
Just know your opponents capabilities. Stay out of lethal and don't put yourself in a bad situation. This just comes with time and practice... but is an essential tool to playing any deck effectively. Just remember these things and work on them as you play to become a more consistent and effective Hearthstone player.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to comment and ask or message me.
Best of luck! Hope this deck helps you in your journey up the ladder