Notice: Blizzard has opened up a job opening for a Hearthstone Associate Game Designer.
Old Gods Expansion Could Have Included Titans
The Golden Wisp podcast had Peter Whalen, Hearthstone Game Designer, on to discuss the design of the Old Gods expansion. There were a few interesting bits of information he had to share about the design around the expansion and card nerfs.
Hopefully Titans will one day be a thing in Hearthstone!
Quote from Peter Whalen
- The team wanted to do an expansion featuring Old Gods vs The Titans but couldn't find room to flesh both out within 130 cards.
- C'Thun and his buffing minions had used a keyword called Ritual / Ritualists.
- They don't want to add too many new mechanics to the game - it can make it more difficult for new players to understand the game.
- Ice Block, Alexstrasza, and Sylvanas Windrunner were all nerf candidates.
- Keeper of the Grove was going to be increased to 5 mana, but they instead made it a 2/2.
- Blade Flurry was considered to be changed to a single target ability.
- Ancient of Lore was a tough nerf, but they want Druid to feel different every year.
Deck Spotlight: C'Thun N'Zoth Control Priest
Poor Anduin hasn't seen much play on the pro-scene, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun with him! Shock191919 brings us a Rank 5 Priest Control deck tonight which makes use of the Old Gods C'Thun and N'Zoth, with N'Zoth being more of a back-up plan.
- Build up your C'Thun, get some cool stuff from Museum Curator.
- Soak up damage you've taken via Twilight Darkmenders or protect via Twin Emperor Vek'lor.
- If they aren't dead, build your board again via N'Zoth, the Corruptor.
The deck costs 5520 dust, and you can find the contents of it below. Check out the writeup to learn more about the deck.
|Minion (20)||Ability (10)|
The Angry Chicken #152: "Format Wars"
This week on The Angry Chicken, the crew discussed the americas spring prelims, the various competitive formats and what pros have to say about them, the usual crazy game stories, and your emails.
Don't forget Garrett, Jocelyn, and Dills will all be doing a live recording of The Angry Chicken at CreateCon in Orlando, Florida on July 30th. For tickets and information check out CreateConvention.net.