I'm Shock19. Pleased to meet you! Let me apologize in advance: English is not my native language.. but i'm gonna try, allright?
So, we made it to deck spotlight, and i don't think anyone could have described this deck in a better way. So i'm just gonna copy-paste the description from the hearthpwn editors themselves, and answer the main question: What is this deck all about?
* Build up your C'Thun, get some cool stuff from Museum Curator;
* Soak up damage you've taken viaTwilight Darkmender or protect via Twin Emperor Vek'lor;
* If they aren't dead, build your board again via N'Zoth, the Corruptor!
If you are a really good player this probably will feel underwhelming to you; But if you are an average player like me, looking for that Rank 5 chest, you've got to the right place!
Lots of players are commenting they are reaching Rank 5 with this list, and i'm very proud of that! Keep it going guys!
Videos i made on the Deck:
Guide video with Strategy talk:
(There are also more videos on our youtube channel! Drop by if you liked those above!)
Also, kiwiinbacon was kind enough to make a video showcasing the deck! Here it is:
Update: We also got Khristophesaurus absolutely wrecking with the deck at Rank 2!
Deck updates in the long run (after testing + community suggestions):
Possible tech for shamans / weapon classes: Including Harrison Jones works fine (suggested by tevildo & others)!
--- Mulligan & Strategy Tips ---
Oh, and here is a very basic Mulligan Guide & Some Class-Specific tips against aggro decks & mirror matches as requested! I'll do a complete one as soon as i get more free time in my hands!
* Usually, don't drop Nortshire Cleric @ turn1. Save if until you can draw some cards out of her. You don't desperately need board presence on the start since this is a rather slow match.
* Normally save SW:Pain for cards like Auchenai & Cleric. Using it on minions like Beckoner of Evil and such is usually a waste.
* Saving PW:Shield to play before trading is 1000% better then just playing it to buff a minion that can't attack yet.
* When you get a good board presence (and that ofter happens when you drop the Twins, usually switch to face. Priests does not have good options to remove 4 attack minions (obviously) and the Twins are golden to force him into bad trades. Take that opportunity to start dropping big threats and push for lethal. I've won MANY games @ turns 8/9 in mirror matches.
Shamans/Zoo/Hunters/Other Aggro Decks: Look for Museum Curator, Beckoner of Evil, Shadow Word: Pain. It's not wrong to keep a copy of Excavated Evil. Also keep Disciple of C'Thun. If you have two C'thun buffing minions, Twilight Darkmender is also a good keep!
* Try to use the Museum Curator to guarantee you have a drop for every turn. It's ok to pass on a Sylvannas for a weak minion to correct your curve in case of a bad mulligan.
* Normally save SW:Pain for important cards like Flametongue totem, Mana Tide totem, Totem golem, Trogg, Imp Gang Boss, Leokk.Carrion Grub HAVE to be removed ASAP! If a hunter gets to buff him with Houndmaster we are at sadtown. Don't waste SW:Pain on things like Spirit Wolves, Flame juggler and less threatening minions just for tempo. It is your key to bypass taunts and kill minions with a lot of health.
* At start focus on having board presence. Don't focus much on card draw and using hero power to heal yourself. It's ok to fall down to like 20 hp if you can heal minions to dominate the board.
* Don't be trying to extract +10 healing from Twilight Darkmender everytime. This is a huge mistake. Board presence is KING! It's perfectly fine a T5 with Twilight Darkmender to heal for +4 and board presence. I can't stress this enough: If you don't have other STRONG minion to play, don't save the Darkmenders for healing. Just play her for board presence. Remember they will have to deal with her, wich saves you time, and the late game is absolutely yours.
* Other mistake you should avoid is deciding to heal a Beckoner of Evil instead of playing a Twilight Elder. Develop your board at all times. Take advantage of drawing well. This is NOT a control matchup. Save the healing for when you run out of good options to play!
* Don't be too sad if you lose to a hunter who had both copies of Call of The Wild @ turn 8 + 9. It's just such a strong card lol. Most of the time you can only handle that much pressure if you draw Twin Emperor before he plays CotW.
Well guys that is it for today. I really hope i have helped a bit with those matches. If you want any more info be sure to post on the comments and i'll update this guide asap!
Thanks again for the amazing feedback! It's been awesome!
Remember to like & subscribe to our youtube channel! Thanks a lot!!
@ Streaming: www.gamingforgood.net/s/shock191919
@ Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=3599953