- Registered User
Member for 4 years and 20 days
Last active Sun, Jul, 14 2019 15:08:59
- 1 Follower
- 1,412 Total Posts
- 2374 Thanks
May 25, 2019ColinthePyro posted a message on Weekly Card Design Competition 9.20 - Submission TopicPosted in: Fan Creations
May 15, 2019ColinthePyro posted a message on How Zayle, Shadow Cloak Works + All Five DecklistsPosted in: News
Obviously it's so that you can play around Hemet Nesingwary.
May 13, 2019ColinthePyro posted a message on Kripparian Talks The Best Hearthstone Rise of Shadows Ladder Decks [Week 5]Posted in: News
By no means am I claiming credit for inventing the archetype as a whole, so i may have misspoke, but rather just bringing the archetype into the light and helping to popularize it for the current meta and this expansion. It has been awhile since Secret Hunter has been so dominant in the meta in standard at least so I was just saying I was glad to give light in this meta an archetype that I have always loved. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Dozens of other people made decks that are almost the exact same as yours, weeks before yours was released.
May 8, 2019Posted in: 12-0 Mech Hunter to Legend
This is definitely better than the deathrattle mech deck with the beast package. Unfortunately, it does almost the same thing matchup-wise as the faster Bomb Hunter. Lot of fun though, went 10-4 at ranks 6-5.
May 7, 2019Posted in: Warlock
Its winrates are atrocious. In wild the decks that give you enough time to play it have more than enough resources to clear the board an infinite amount of times. But its pretty fun, I'd craft it if you don't care about winning.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Mar 29, 2018Posted in: Players and Teams Discussion
HearthPwn staff is not responsible for users' actions outside of this domain.
Your account must be 7 days old to post in this thread, and you must read and follow the rules.
TRADE AT YOUR OWN RISK
- Read and follow the trading procedures below for the least possible risk.
- Do not trade with anyone who adds you with their "real id" (Example: "Alvaro Godoy").
- Do not trade with anyone who asks you to add their "main account".
- You will get scammed; they are probably blacklisted.
- Do not add any tag other than what is posted here.
EVERY POST MUST CONFORM TO THIS FORMAT
Trade Only?: Yes/No
ABSOLUTELY NO DISCUSSION IS PERMITTED
- Do not reply to anyone in this thread for any reason.
- If you must contact another user, please send a PM.
- Do not post to "warn" others that you got scammed.
- Your single post must conform the format above.
- If you have an issue that requires moderator attention, use a PM or report the post only.
DO NOT POST WITHOUT HAVING THE QUEST
- Absolutely no begging or asking for gold for any reason.
- Lying about having the quest will get you blacklisted.
- Bartering for anything but the same quest is not permitted.
POSTING IS LIMITED
- Your HearthPwn account must be at least 7 days old to post in this thread.
- If you do not meet this requirement, your posts will be deleted automatically.
- Do not add tags posted by accounts less than 7 days old.
- If your post is deleted do not continue to post.
- You may make only one (1) post at a time in this thread. You may post only one (1) battletag.
- If you did not find someone after three (3) hours you may re-post; No less.
- If you have the quest in multiple regions please do not make multiple posts.
- No images or links are to be posted.
- Prove you have the quest in the game; See "Proof Challenge" below.
- Any post that breaks these rules is subject to deletion and, at moderators' discretion, a warning.
- Clearly edit your post when you are done. You may want to remove your battletag after completion!
THESE RULES ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED
- The user that posted in this thread will be the user that starts the second (2nd) match for a trade.
- If both users have posted, the newest account must start the first match.
- If you initiate a trade with someone, you must both complete your quest.
- If you do not complete your end of the trade, you will be blacklisted.
- Do not name & shame others. It is fine to thank the user you dealt with if everything went well!
- Do not post anyone else's battletag.
- If you scam anyone your tag is guaranteed to make the blacklist.
- We will know if you do, don't screw around.
- Warnings and/or bans will result at moderators' discretion.
- Zero tolerance for scamming.
Consistently breaking the rules or causing problems may get you blacklisted as well.
- The adding user starts the first game, the posting user starts the second game. This will help prevent scams.
- If both users have posted in this thread, the newest account must go first.
- If they refuse to go first, proceed with caution.
- If a user that posted in this thread scammed you, report them.
- When somebody has the "Play a Friend!" quest it will show the person being challenged in-game.
- If you are intent on trading your quest with someone it is recommended you conduct a "proof challenge".
- A proof challenge involves both players agreeing to challenge each other in to see the quest.
- If the other person refuses a proof challenge, be careful. It is likely they don't actually have the quest.
- Avoid any other methods of "proof" like screenshots. Screenshots are always from the past.
- Honesty and good judgement is key.
- Somebody has to go first, but the only guaranteed way to not get scammed is to go second.
- If anyone is aggressive about making you go first and/or threatens you, they are probably trying to scam.
- Carelessness will lead to you getting scammed. There is a blacklist of known scammers, reference it.
THE PROOF CHALLENGE
Please follow these steps to complete a proof challenge:
1. Check the blacklist.
2. Player 1 challenges adding user to prove they have the quest.
3. Player 2 declines the challenge.
4. Player 2 challenges posting user to prove they have the quest.
5. Player 1 accepts and game #1 is played.
6. Player 1 challenges adding user and game #2 is played.
If you made it to the bottom of this post and found this thread useful, let us know with an up-vote!
Jun 1, 2019Posted in: General Discussion
Plagiarism (by google): The practice of taking someone else's work or idea and passing them off as one's own. : )
Just cause you are playing a deck someone has made does not mean you are passing it as your own now, does it? Some ppl do it, sure, but that is a different matter entirely, that is not what netdecking means.
While i understand where all of you who hate netdecking coming from, you also have to understand that everyone can play the game the way they want. The way they want to have fun. Some ppl dont like spending hours or days figuring out a perfect deck that would work and that is ok. They r not lesser ppl.
This is like the age long squibble between a netdecker and a homebrewer. No, one is not better than the other. No, control player is not better than aggro or combo player and vice versa. Everyone can decide for themselves how they want to play, how they want to enjoy the game, that is the point.
Even if by some divine miracle there was a way to get rid of netdecking, you would still eventually see decks which would in the end resemble each other a lot. Maybe not 30:30 but perhaps 25:30. Would that be enough for you? No way you would see 100 different decks that would all feel unique to play against, so why punish ppl who dont want to bother with deck building and just want to play the game?
If you are good deck designer, good for you. Play those decks and have fun. No one is gonna take that away from you. But dont forget, other ppl are not here to make you enjoy the game, they are here to have fun, not to make you have fun. It can be a byproduct of them having fun, that is the ideal scenario, but it is definitely not the main goal. So dont put restricton on them in terms of how they should play the game. Making sure you have fun should be Blizzard's job with the proper game design and also yours alone.
May 30, 2019Posted in: General Discussion
Hello everyone. As you probably know already, the world is ending, Hearthpwn is closing down. It has been a wild ride. Much laughter was had. Many tears too, even if 95% of them were shed this week, but regardless... the time has come to say goodbye. I've looked at several of the largest threads on this website (General Discussion only), many of them from before I was here. Behold, the winners of my contest!
A blast from the past, a relic of an ancient era when Blizzard still dragged their boots to nerf cards. We can shed a tear for how long a way we've come (and laugh at the 26% of voters that somehow thought it was a bad idea). Indeed, if my research did not fail me, this was the most popular Nerf Discussion on this website. Let's give it a hand, shall we?
Perhaps not the most pertinent of threads, it's true, but this cesspit of Social Justice attracted a whopping 17 pages of replies from our lovely community, some less civil than others. Alas, the thread ended up locked after only 4 days, and devolved into a flame war for gender rights in general, but by God did it net those views and replies. Maybe don't give this one a hand, but remark its existence and be done with it.
A textbook display, here, folks, about the argumentative flexibility of our own community. This legendary thread started as a complaint about Yogg (damn you, DiViNE_Priest) affecting the seriousness of the pro scene, but a quick trip to its 12th page will bring you to the end of a debate about Barnes and Fandral. Truly, we have masterful rhetoricians among us.
Now, this particular thread, while earning itself its share of views, is not impressive by itself. There is a mild flame war in the middle, several lengthy replies, the whole package associated with the topic. It is, however, one of the most reincarnated discussions on Hearthpwn, and perhaps the less shitstormy one I've found. With popularity to spare, this thread can fairly be interpreted as a good representative of every time this topic was summoned back to life.
This one is a tie between two similarly sized threads, about a similar topic. Many of these have we seen during our days here, and usually, unsurprisingly, people associate the decks they dislike the most with low skill floors🤔. Regardless, the threads have sparked many echoing discussions, such as the quest for the game's hardest decks to pilot. Maybe they won't win any originality awards, but they certainly had their influence on the forums.
Ah, this thread, this topic... What a rollercoaster of emotions that one can feel while he reads the 8 pages of replies to this thread! From overzealous F2Pers who want to declare their money-spending celibacy too eagerly to reckless individuals who probably should not be entrusted with credit cards, these sort of threads always sparked discussion in our GD, and brought fourth all sorts of colorful characters.
I could not hope to finish this countdown without any recent thread to reference. nichocolates earned himself not only 21 pages of replies, but he also arranged a thread that aged as finely as wine, along with a string of replies that, inversely, aged as finely as milk. This here captures one of the main struggles of Hearthpwn: the quest for balance, the difficulty of distinguishing salt from real discussions, and the paradoxical attraction of the community to the threads they complain about. nicho, you might still be active here, so come on stage and collect your award.Not to be confused with the spineless threads we occasionally get about people pretending not to be affected by the insults they just got. Instead, this thread has the tragic prize of making it far, but never reaching its full potential. We could have had a sticky-worthy thread, a censored source of rage friend requests for all to laugh at and behold, but fate had other plans... Still, the thread made it quite far, to 9 pages and over 10000 views. Let's give it a hand for what it could have been, shall we?And now... honorable mentions.Here comes a list of notorious threads we have witnessed in the past, without enough views to make it. Some are good, some are awful, but they were all a part of our lives in this forum. I won't paste the links to these because they weren't among the top threads, and most of them I only remember faintly, but here goes:
- kla_guy's thread about collection completion percentage
- Eternal_HS's guide to Wild Mode
- Eternal_HS's sarcastic Dead Game thread that ended up backfiring horribly thanks to rabid fanboys not getting it
- Every Wild/Standard thread that, surprising no one, turned into a shitstorm
- Every Sherman thread so far
- The Pepper Thread, widely popular, just not my cup of tea
- The many aggro skill revisionist threads that hilariously called Zoolock a control deck
- Every Purify rage thread during the days preceding Karazhan
- That thread with only "MY JAWS THAT BITE, MY CLAWS THAT CATCH!" copy pasted all over
- Every thread complaining about netdecking/Big Priest/Casual
- Those incredibly disturbing threads by that guy with the muppet profile picture. To this day I still don't know what they were about
- That one thread that complained about Priest players being discriminated against
- That thread that calls Witchwood trash, gets bashed, and later became accepted as the truth once the Year of the Raven was done
- 1xbenx1's card viability predictions (at least I think those were in GD, but maybe not)
- The threads rightly praising the meta in Un'Goro
- The threads rightly trashing the meta in MSoG
- The price discussion about the Dalaran Heist
- ConCuThanKy1292's thread about chilling, that sadly got no attention from the community :C
And finally, the big winner
1) THE SALT THREAD
Honestly, who is surprised? The Salt Thread has been a godsend all these years, and we've taken it for granted. It has birthed legends, quelled flames and accompanied us through thick and thin. Pasting its link has become an overused joke, but it is a small price to pay for the boon that the Salt Thread is. There isn't much to add to it that hasn't been said already. I'd put the link on the title, but we all probably know it back and forth by now.
Did I miss anything?
May 29, 2019Posted in: Fan Creations
Happy to be in the final at the end of era. Will be sad to see the site go but the guys here have done an amazing job over the years. I'm pretty new to the card design area of the site but I love the community here. Hopefully the new site will be even better and we can continue with the competitions.
Edit: maybe before the site goes down, you could show us all the available achievements and how we could of got them, as they was always an interesting part of the site :)
May 23, 2019linkblade91 posted a message on Weekly Card Design Competition 9.20 - Submission TopicPosted in: Fan Creations
A Cybertech Chip -esque card, to play off of the Rogue's Razorpetal generators and the more recent Deathrattle synergies.
May 15, 2019NightCrawl3r posted a message on The RoS adventure is far worse value than buying packsPosted in: Adventures
Then maybe don't start with a clickbait title?
I didn't intend to bait anyone and the title accurately reflects the content of the thread quite literally. I also wasn't aware that the PvE content in a children's card game is a charged topic that apparently requires title finesse. People are reacting like I'm trying to sell the Alabama abortion bill
And whether it's clickbait or not, it really shouldn't excuse people from actually reading the post before posting. That's just basic forums etiquette and basic logic. I thought it was a reasonable expectation, because if people don't read, then the point of forums is moot
In any case, I suppose it's a neat social experiment ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 14, 2019Posted in: General Discussion
It's not the worst meta ever, but it is definitely in need of a shake up so some other decks can have a chance to shine. Rogue has polarized the meta too much. Hopefully the nerf bat comes down soon to shake things up.
May 9, 2019Posted in: General Discussion
One of the issues right now is playing control decks is such a suffer due to the lists that include ways to bounce / duplicate elysiana. 10 cards more isn't terrible, but when it's 20 or 30 cards more that's just ridiculous. I've even seen a game hit the turn limit because of elysiana (90 minute game to end in a draw).
Sorry, but no. Control players don't get to complain about the length of a game.
You made your bed; now lie in it.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.