Ben Brode: Purify Will Not Appear in Arena
Ben Brode has clarified that Purify will not be appearing in Arena in the latest episode of Hearthstone Designer Insights. We've recapped below!
- The card was not intended to be powerful.
- Internally they tried Silence any minion but they're trying to cut back on Silence to see what the game feels like without it.
- Purify was 1-mana at one point but was changed due to play testers using it just to cycle through cards.
- Ben acknowledges they messed up with the timing on Purify with the community's current views on the Priest class.
- Purify is good for the game, but maybe better in a set with flashy, exciting Priest cards.
- Ben has hopes for Dragon Priest.
- Purify will not show up in Arena. This is due to them not having a system in place where they can balance card appearances individually but do have one which can remove cards completely from the draft. "It won't solve Arena balance but it's a step in the right direction".