Congratulations to Destroyer, really like your card. Nice to see my card got the second place.
- Registered User
Member for 4 years, 4 months, and 17 days
Last active Tue, Apr, 11 2023 06:29:41
- 0 Followers
- 20 Total Posts
- 75 Thanks
Feb 20, 2019Omerqu posted a message on Weekly Card Design Competition 9.06 - Final PollPosted in: Fan Creations
1Omerqu posted a message on Weekly Card Design Competition 9.06 - Final PollPosted in: Fan Creations
Really happy I made it this far, only my fourth submission ever. The card I made is a card I would really like to see in play and almost don’t exist as 0 cost spells.
57Omerqu posted a message on Weekly Card Design Competition 9.06 - Submission TopicPosted in: Fan Creations
Edit: added rarity gem.
2Omerqu posted a message on TRIALS AND ERRORS (Class Creation Competition #5) - Phase II [Submission Topic]Posted in: Fan Creations
The Angel class gain it's power as time goes by. They consume their disciples for the greater cause. The class is good at long term tactics such as effects that start on your next turn or combination of spells to create strong effect. The Life Essence effect can boost the Hero Health above 30 while playing a rule with addition cards which will be introduced in the future which gain their power based on the number of Life Essence you played. Angels are pure and as such can target tribe cards in addition they can interrupt the opponent moves and protect against decks which are focused on early game wins (aggressive).
Effects like your Hero Power cause your minions to get consumed. consumed works like a Deathrattle with the exception that to trigger it the minion must be destroyed by your am effect which destroy friendly characters.
On Phase I I showed a variation of this Keyword on some cards.
Holy Defenders Tokens:
1Omerqu posted a message on TRIALS AND ERRORS (Class Creation Competition #5) - Phase II [Discussion Topic]Posted in: Fan Creations
Some new card & concept for my hero (The Angel).
Some new cards:
To make the hero more balance, it will play both angelic beings and demonic minions.
to balance healing and positive effects with damage dealing and dark effects.
The Angel is now a fallen angel.
I've also taken your advise and replaced the graphic.
Please tell me your thoughts, I'm trying to do as much as I can with the limitation of "Destroy a friendly minion" on the hero power.
13Omerqu posted a message on Weekly Card Design Competition 9.03 - Submission TopicPosted in: Fan Creations
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
7Pircival posted a message on TRIALS AND ERRORS (Class Creation Competition #5) - Phase III [Submission Topic]Posted in: Fan Creations
Introducing the newest member of the League of Explorers: Izzy Jameson! Izzy's an artifacts expert, focusing on retrieving valuable artifacts from dangerous temples. These latest Archaeology cards aid Izzy on her journey traveling the world.
Strengths of Archaeologist:
- Defensive Spells : Izzy can get herself out of any tough situation, with a bit of luck. These spells can help evade tricky situations.
- Powerful Weapons : Using ancient artifacts, Izzy can have access to powerful effects that happen over time.
- Card Draw : Izzy has several card draw options in Basic and Classic as a way to recover. In the future, she'll Discover lots of cards as well!
- Sticky Minions : Izzy has several ways to keep her minions alive, and plenty of minions that can survive on their own. These minions typically have high Health.
Weaknesses of Archaeologist:
- Limited Board Presence : Izzy typically can't summon a bunch of minions at once, instead relying on singular, powerful minions or weapons.
- Limited Aggro Potential : Not many things in Archaeologist deal a lot of damage to their opponent's face, controlling the board instead.
- Weaker Early Game : Most of Izzy's arsenal lies among the higher-cost range, or generates higher-cost cards.
- Synergistic Cards : Several Archaeologist cards rely on you controlling a weapon. If you don't have one, you're going to have a bad time.
Decay is an aura effect that affects minions, like Lifesteal or Poisonous . Unlike these, Decay gives a knockback, forcing the minions and weapons with Decay on a timer. Decay will mostly be implemented on weapons, as this enables the use of aura weapons which last several turns.
- Dig-up Shovel is one of the unique ways to draw a card - once per turn. This card is an example of the class's good draw, which is cheap but slow.
- Rolling Boulder shows the Hollywood side of Archaeology, which lies in the traps that hide in ancient temples, waiting to be explored. This card is an example of removal at a cost. Although it's cheaper than Assassinate, it has a price of also crushing your minions. Alternatively, play it on one of your minions to hit opposite minions.
- Translife Mirror is another Archaeologist weapon. This one focuses on giving you small minions each turn. Although it is slow, it's a pretty effective way to keep board control.
- Iron Preserver is a good way to maintain your weapons. This smart goblin allows you to play your weapons a bit earlier because you won't waste your resources. This is good in a deck that uses several weapons.
- Rejan, Last Defender is a mighty golem that defends lost temples, and specifically the Excalibur, the legend of yore. While it doesn't have Taunt , the effect proposes a fascinating choice for the opponent, whether they could survive to ignore Rejan or take him out. The Decay on Excalibur provides an interesting dynamic, promoting the player to attack quickly with Excalibur and get as many hits in before Excalibur breaks.
- Master Eroder's Decay only triggers on the end of your opponent's turn, because it's your opponent's minions who have Decay .
- Archaic Awakening is the Challenge 2 card, which supports the Decay minion archetype in Un'goro.
- Sentry Orb has random targets.
38AngryChicken posted a message on Weekly Card Design Competition 9.07 - Submission TopicPosted in: Fan Creations
I KNEW he was cheating on me with other class cards!!
Keyword: Discover, Mechanics: Spellstone/Upgrade, Rogue Secrets
5AngryChicken posted a message on Weekly Card Design Competition 9.07 - Discussion TopicPosted in: Fan Creations
I KNEW he was cheating on me with other cards!!
Keyword: Discover, Mechanics: Spellstone/Upgrade, Rogue Secrets
6krowski_nall posted a message on TRIALS AND ERRORS (Class Creation Competition #5) - Phase III [Submission Topic]Posted in: Fan Creations
THE FIST FIGHTER
- Hero Power: Mavis is strong in many aspects, the main being her Hero Power. Her Hero Power is very strong in the early game, being able to easily dominate the board with the hero power alone.
- Control: This class also features strong control tools, such as spells and tokens. This keeps a hold of the board and makes this class more centered around control from the early game to the late game.
- Burst: This class has more unconventional burst damage to end the game. Unlike Mage with their spells that deal high damage, Fireball Pyroblast , Mavis gains the attack to use on enemies and the enemy hero's face.
- Attacking: The hero power and attack buffing cards in the Fist Fighter are not all perfect. When the hero attacks something, they are the ones who take the damage from the attacked minion. This can add up if you try to attack everything all the time. This also can cause a problem if you need to attack the enemy's face or another important minion quickly, because Mavis has to hit Taunt minions.
- Healing : This class features little protection to the hero's face in classic and basic. The only protection or healing would come from cards that barely heal Mavis or make her Immune. This makes you consider strategically what health you are willing to give up to take down enemy minions.
- RNG: This class is not afraid to shy away from random effects. One of the key themes of the class is randomly gaining X or Y. This helps build character for the class, yet this can be a turn off for some people who want the game to have low variance.
This neat little card was what I was referring to earlier with some high variance. Like I said, this can be a turn off for some people, but I think it's a really neat and flavorful card for my classic set. Sometimes it will be a
and other times it will be an
. The variance is also for balance purposes to make sure the early game isn't too strong for my class on account of its hero power.
- Mavis's Biggest Fan: Another flavorful favorite of mine, this card is the strong staple of the class, much like a Mana Wyrm or a Scavenging Hyena . Not to mention some cool art.
- Rock Block: Neat neat neat. Relatively weak protection now, but the elemental tokens up a whole new pathway for the class in the future, as well as being good targets for some board buffs. Time will show how truly good this card is. Not to mention this has some good token synergy with other cards.
- Gut Punch : Gut punch is a prime example of another theme for my class, enemy debuffs. This card also doubles as a great removal tool that makes tokens and friendly minion buffs that much more powerful.
- Gamon (Challenge #3): A strong classic legendary that acts as a big finisher for the class. Combo this with Left Hook and you can possibly deal 10 damage to the enemy hero's face and keep a 4/8 on the board. It just doesn't end there, if Gamon stays alive to the next turn, there is very high damage potential. He can easily act as an aggro or control tool, allowing you to deal double damage to the enemy or clear out two minions. He is a prime example of the strengths of my class with Control and attacking with my Hero being two main themes. His large health may play a role in the future as well...
Auto-rocks, roll out.
Carbo-Load (Challenge #2): Carbo-Load is a prophet of the future, where I will explore this mechanic of minions being at Full Health. Minions being at Full Health has not been something I've really seen yet and I hope to expand upon it further. It also doubles as a mini heal and control tool to keep big minions like Stonefisted Bouncer alive.
Protein: Much like the Drunken Fighter example card, Protein shows off the buffing capabilities of my class with a low variance random effect. Some might say it's a weaker version of Divine Strength but I think it is perfectly fine for Classic and shows off my class's characteristics.
Ironfist Statue: Plainly put, this is a key card in keeping face damage to Mavis to a minimum.
Break Out: Simple tech card aimed at Taunt based decks. This also doubles as an AOE to synergize with other cards like Mass Ale-ment.
Contemplating Monk: Another simple card, Contemplating Monk just increases the strength of the Hero Power to cleanly get rid of big targets.
Mass Ale-ment: Similar in mechanics to Gut Punch, this card allows for great AOE synergy from other spells or allows small tokens to be able to take out big targets.
Stonefisted Bouncer: A great defensive card that synergizes with token generating cards. Nothing's getting by him.
Lead by Example: Great card for themes. This couples attack gain cards with token generating cards.
Relentless Rampage: Another AOE card, strong with high attack gain cards like Left Hook, essentially turning it into a 7 mana deal 5 to all enemy minions. If you don't have any buffing cards however, simply using your Hero Power will turn this into a 6 mana Consecration . This also has high buff potential for Mavis's Biggest Fan.
Full Rage: Just a strong burst tool to finish the enemy hero off, similar to Pyroblast
51MattyHooba posted a message on Weekly Card Design Competition 9.03 - Submission TopicPosted in: Fan Creations
17Muhframos posted a message on TRIALS AND ERRORS (Class Creation Competition #5) - Phase II [Submission Topic]Posted in: Fan Creations
The Occultist is a class based on Eldritch Gods and the C'Thulhu mythos, or the C'Thun mythos, in this case.
A class with damage synergies, boardclears, lots of draw, and power at a cost. Tentacles too, if you're into that...
Wicked Devotee : A card that synergizes well with the Hero Power, granting early game board presence.
Madman's Knowledge : One example of the Power at a Cost cards in Occultist, granting early game draw at the cost of a friendly minion.
Call of the Deep : Another kind of power at a cost in the class, this time relying on your hero's health to provide extra value, but also giving you Taunts to protect your face, and a bunch of tokens you can sacrifice. Tentacles!
Wrath of the Occult : A very powerful boardclear that depicts Eldritch gods coming and wrecking everyone!
Ire of the Primordial : A powerful spell that probably removes two random enemy minions, unless they're really big. Why would you even play the game when you can just call down upon an Old One to do the job for you, anyways?
Bloody Blow : A boardclear that makes you pay with your health, or your blood in this case. Powerful in the early game, but the 4 damage is a big price to pay.
Ancient Power : A powerful enough buff, that enables the Occultist to have a little more of an early game presence.
Mind Flay : Deal 2 and draw 2, for 4. Isn't it pretty? Reliable card draw that you don't even need to kill your minions for!
Ancient Blood : Relying on your Hero Power for all the healing wouldn't be a very reliable strategy, would it?
A big heal for a big mana cost. Fair enough, i would say.
Lesser Old One : If the Lesser Old One is an 8/8, imagine how big the real Old Ones are! Another card that synergizes fairly well with the hero power, while mostly being a way for the Occultist to heal himself, eating the nice Eldritch meat that gets cut off out of Mr. Old One here. Madness, honestly.
Phase 1 - Introduction Phase:
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.