Hearthstone Patch 10.2.0 - Patches Nerf Has Arrived
This post is a work in progress. Refresh for updates.
The patch with the nerfs to Patches the Pirate and three other cards has made its way to the Battle.net client. Mobile game updates to follow as usual - we don't know exactly when they will arrive. Here are the patch highlights:
- iOS players will now need to use iOS 8.0 at a minimum if they want to play Hearthstone.
- The new ladder changes are in and ready for the March ranked season.
- A special Year of the Mammoth bundle is available which gives you 30 packs at a great discount.
- The first two turns of each game are now shorter. Stop going AFK after hitting the queue button.
- Nemsy now has a golden hero frame when you have unlocked the golden Warlock hero.
- Dungeon Run has some card changes to loot categories. (Looking into this more)
- Illidan received a new animation!
Dungeon Run Bundle Changes
Two changes were made to Dungeon Run card bundles.
- Patches the Pirate was removed from the Warrior bundle, Charge!
- Celestial Dreamer was removed from the Druid bundle, Jungle Quest.
Four cards have received nerfs. They can be disenchanted for their full dust value.
- Bonemare now costs 8 mana, up from 7.
- Corridor Creeper now has 2 attack, down from 5.
- Patches the Pirate no longer has charge. His voice line will also be changing. (Source)
- Raza the Chained's effect now sets your Hero Power to 1 mana, up from 0.
Mammoth Pack Bundle
The recently announced special mammoth card pack bundle has arrived. It can be had for $19.99 USD ($24.99 CAD).
New Card Backs
A new card back has been added to celebrate the Year of the Mammoth. It is rewarded for the March ranked play season.
- Event runs from February 19 until March 11.
- Wild cards return to the Arena during the duration of the event.
- A special Tavern Brawl will take place called "Venture into the Wild" which has premade Wild decks.
- Another Tavern Brawl will be available called "The Wild Brawliseum".
- First run is free, extra runs are the same cost as an arena entry.
- Like the Arena, you get to play with a deck up to 12 wins and get rewards based on your progression, like Arena.
- "Heroic Brawl Lite" - ShadowsOfSense 2018
Four new chalkboards have been added. Sup Yogg?
Illidan Card Intro Animation
The world's worst Hearthstone card, Illidan Stormrage, has received an awesome intro animation.
Official Patch Notes
Quote from Daxxarri
The tavern is buzzing with all the stuff that’s packed into this Hearthstone update! There’s a Ranked Play update, a Wild party, card changes, and a chance to save on packs with a new Mammoth Card Bundle! We managed to squeeze in some card backs and bug fixes too!
Whew! Read on for details!
- Ranked Play Update – This Hearthstone update brings changes to Ranked Play, starting March 1st. Read the Ranked Play Updates blog for details!
- Your reset will not be based on the stars you earned over the season. Instead, you’ll reset to four ranks below the highest rank you achieved during the season.
- Players at Legend reset to rank 4, 0 stars.
- All ranks will have 5 stars.
- Starting in March, you will no longer earn the monthly card back by reaching Rank 20. Instead, you can earn each season’s card back by winning 5 games in Ranked Standard or Wild at any rank.
- Card Changes – Please read the Upcoming Balance Changes blog on the official Hearthstone site for full details regarding the reasons and philosophy behind these changes.
- Corridor Creeper – Now has 2 attack, down from 5.
- Patches the Pirate – No longer has Charge.
- Raza the Chained – Now reduces your Hero Power cost to 1 instead of 0.
- Bonemare – Now costs 8 mana, up from 7.
- From February 19th through March 11th join us for a Wild party! Read the Wildfest blogfor details!
- Wild cards return to the Arena for the duration of Wildfest.
- Venture into the Wild – A Tavern Brawl celebrating Wild with pre-built decks.
- The Wild Brawliseum – A special Tavern Brawl where you’ll build and lock-in a Wild deck, and then see if you can take it to twelve wins versus other players! Three losses and your run comes to an end.
- Your first Brawliseum run is free!
- Additional runs are available for the same price as Arena tickets. Also like the Arena, prizes are based on number of wins, and follow the Arena reward structure.
- Year of the Mammoth Bundle
- For a limited time, purchase 10 packs each of Journey to Un’goro, Knights of the Frozen Throne, and Kobolds & Catacombs—a total of 30 packs!—for a special price.
- Added the following card backs:
- Sparkles - Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, February 2018.
- Year of the Mammoth – Acquired from winning five games in Ranked Play, March 2018.
- The turn timer for the first two turns of a match are now shorter, though they should still be significantly longer than most players take on those turns.
- Switching from Valeera the Hollow to Deathstalker Rexxar will now correctly allow Rexxar’s Battlecry to destroy minions buffed to 2 health by Stormwind Champion or similar effects.
- Nemsy Necrofizzle’s Hero frame is now golden if you have unlocked the golden Warlock Hero.
- Removed rarity gems from several summoned minions.
- Playing multiple copies of Temporus in a row will now queue up sequences of two turns for your opponent and two turns for you.
- Fixed a bug where the Divine Shield provided by Elixir of Purity could not be silenced.
- Spectators now see green highlights on playable cards for both players.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Hearthstone to freeze when a spectated player disconnects and their opponent concedes.
- Tooltips for Hero Cards now appear correctly when spectating.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when drawing a Darkness Candle spell after The Darkness is no longer dormant.
- Grand Archivist can now correctly cast the Darkness Candle spell if it is present in a player’s deck.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when certain cost reducing cards were played.
- Resolved an unintended interaction that could occur with Anomalus, Taunt minions, and Commanding Shout.
- Added missing Collection Manager tooltips to several cards.
- Resolved an issue that could cause a player to become stuck when reconnecting before the first turn.
- Resolved an issue that would prevent the progress notification for more than one Daily Quest from being shown after a match is complete.
- Ice Breaker now correctly destroys Rotface without activating his effect if he is Frozen.
- Resolved interface issues that could arise when retiring an Arena game.
- Resolved an issue that would allow the Friends menu to remain active while a Friendly Challenge is active.
- Fixed various minor visual and text issues.
Dungeon Run & Adventures
- The cards that appear in several loot categories have been adjusted slightly.
- Cards stolen by Gloves of Mugging now appear in history tile when played by an opponent.
- Resolved a visual issue with Candlebeard’s charge enchantment banner.
- [Adventures] Atramedes now correctly uses his Hero Power whenever he should.
- Resolved an issue with the Collection Manager that could allow the set filter to be interacted with behind the “Done” button.
- Scrolling through an Arena deck on a mobile device will no longer generate unnecessary prompts.
- The “Back” button will now function correctly after an Arena run is complete.
- History tiles that were queueing up while viewing a history event now populate correctly.
- Resolved an issue that could cause crafted cards to remain visible over the Collection Manager.
- Corrected a visual issue with the search bar in the Collection Manager.
- [Android] Resolved an issue with the download progress indicator.
- [iOS] Compatibility now requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- [iOS] The client will no longer sometimes freeze when a spectated player wins a match.