Facebook Login and Live Streaming, Jay Wilson leaves Blizzard
Top Standard Decks of the Week, Blast From the Past - Card Design Competition, Face is the Place Winners
Heroes PTR Patch 43481 - Medivh, New Bundles, New Skins, Ranked Changes, Starting Experience
Jay Wilson Leaving Blizzard
HS China: Top Arena Players to be Rewarded
Blizzard in China is rewarding Arena players through a special leaderboard. It is not known how long this leaderboard will run for as it seems to be heavily tied to rewarding BlizzCon tickets, but here's what we've figured out.
- Top Arena players in China will be presented on a weekly leaderboard!
- Each month, the top players will be given Battle.net Points.
- The very best players can receive a ticket to BlizzCon.
- The leaderboard looks at how many times players get 12 wins in each time period.
This will definitely add some competition to the arena over in China!
Battle.net Points can be spent on Hearthstone card packs, name changes, and also on other rewards for other Blizzard titles which include WoWTCG Loot for WoW, Gold in Diablo III, and Heroes Stimpacks. A list of Battle.net rewards is available on the Battle.net China Rewards Page.
Is this something you'd like to see Blizzard implement for the Arena on this side of the world?
Official Announcement in China
The below information was sourced from the leaderboard announcement post and is a Google translated article.
Quote from BlizzardTwelve wins just your everyday, arena as your playground, your well-deserved competitive mode master, but low-key no one knows? Everything will change, outstanding skills worthy of commendation!
Starting this month, every Tuesday and Friday of the month we will update and publish the latest arena wins 12 times ranking will be published early in the second month of the previous calendar month Tournament wins 12 times the final month list, and is ranked top 50 players battle outlets incentive payment, from June to August monthly list of the top ten players can also receive an additional on-site BlizzCon tickets. Now enter the arena, start your road to master it!
- Period: each calendar month
- Statistical standards: only count the number of the month to complete the arena 12 wins, such as 12 wins across multiple calendar month, the statistics of 12 wins to finish the month;
- In the arena of 12 wins and the same number of cases, the first to complete the top-ranked player;
- Every Tuesday, Friday announced the latest arena month wins 12 times ranked list of the top 100 players;
- First week of each month announced last month the final ranking list of the top 100 players and paid for the first 50 war outlets reward (12 wins, ranked by official data subject);
- Players from June to August monthly list of the top ten each person can only get a BlizzCon 2016 live tickets;
- Go to BlizzCon 2016 required visas, air tickets and hotel costs borne by the players themselves;
- Arena 12 wins as the top ten players due to subjective or objective reasons can not go to BlizzCon 2016 site is deemed to have waived tickets.
- Alleged irregularities account will be disqualified.
- 1-10 Name: Blizzcon 2016 Tickets site, 330 outlets war
- 11-50 Name: Battle 100 outlets
Tickets issuance process
- BlizzCon tickets as a result of real-name system, the arena after the final number of 12 wins list published monthly, the customer will list the top ten players by phone or mail contact monthly, not registered Information Players need to contact customer service to confirm personal information war CS Tel: 0571-28090163;
- Tickets will be distributed via e-mail, with the player holding the ticket matching information exchange in the field of personal documents admission documents.
* The final interpretation Shanghai nets Network Technology Development Company.
Thanks to CelestialSinn for the tip which lead us to figuring it out!
Quote from @CelestialSinnCN server: From now on each week Blizz China will post a detailed list regarding how well players did in Arena-mode.
Top 10 in the list will be rewarded with 330 BattleNet points, top 50 with 100 points. (388 points = 60 packs of your choice)
The list is updated weekly, while the reward thing is monthly.
Blizzard to Integrate Facebook Sign-On & Streaming Functionality into Hearthstone
Facebook login buttons coming soon to all of Blizzard's games including Hearthstone!
Blizzard and Facebook are partnering up to help let players share their experiences easier on Facebook, which includes Facebook's streaming technology. Blizzard states that their games are best played with friends and this will help you connect with your friends.
- Facebook Logon - Login to Blizzard titles through Facebook. Also includes account signup.
- Facebook "Go Live" - Stream Blizzard titles straight to your Facebook timeline.
- Logins will start later this month. No timeframes on other integrations. Possibly done through the Battle.net launcher.
Quote from BlizzardBLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT AND FACEBOOK TEAM UP TO CONNECT FRIENDS AND EMPOWER STREAMERS
Blizzard games are best when played with friends, and new Facebook integration features such as Facebook Login and Live API will make that easier than ever
Facebook’s collaboration with Blizzard reflects the global social network’s commitment to supporting world-class entertainment experiences
IRVINE, Calif.—June 6, 2016—Blizzard Entertainment and Facebook are working together to provide gamers around the world with new ways to connect and share their gaming experiences, while bringing more high-demand entertainment content to Facebook’s global platform.
The companies announced today that a major step in their ongoing collaboration will begin later this month with the integration of Facebook Login in Blizzard’s PC games. This will enable players to sign up for and log in to games such as World of Warcraft®, Heroes of the Storm®, Hearthstone®, Diablo® III, StarCraft® II, and Blizzard’s most recent blockbuster release,Overwatch®, using their Facebook accounts.
Adding Facebook Login will pave the way for new social functionality in Blizzard games while highlighting Facebook’s capabilities as a platform for sharing, viewing, and discussing AAA game content. As an example, Blizzard is in the process of incorporating Facebook’s Live API in order to create its own “Go Live” streaming functionality for its games. When this functionality is implemented, players will for the first time be able to livestream their Blizzard-gaming sessions directly to their Facebook timelines, and friends will be able to subscribe and be notified when new streams are available.
“Blizzard games are best when played with friends, so it’s important to us to provide our players with features and services that make it easy and fun to share their experiences with each other,” said Gio Hunt, executive vice president of corporate operations at Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re working closely with Facebook on this integration for Overwatch, as well as our other games, and we look forward to sharing further details on our plans as development progresses.”
As part of the collaboration between the two companies, Blizzard recently hosted multiple livestreams via Facebook. The first series of streams centered on Heroes of the Dorm™, Blizzard’s collegiate tournament featuring its popular team-brawler Heroes of the Storm. Last week, Blizzard hosted a livestreamed launch event for Overwatch on Facebook.
“Blizzard has a passionate community of players, and an incredible track record for launching innovative and high-quality gaming experiences,” said Leo Olebe, global games partnerships director at Facebook. “Our collaboration on Overwatch demonstrates Facebook’s commitment to partnering with AAA game companies, while further empowering Blizzard gamers to connect and share the content they're most passionate about with the friends they play with around the world.”
In preparation for the Overwatch launch, Facebook worked with Blizzard on a comprehensive mix of Facebook and Instagram marketing solutions—including Carousel ads, Canvas, and Instagram Marquee. Using the platforms’ powerful targeting capabilities, Facebook helped Blizzard present the game to a broad set of gaming and entertainment audiences within Facebook’s and Instagram's global audiences of 1.65 billion and 400 million people respectively. On Facebook, more than 650 million people play games connected to Facebook every month across web, mobile, and console.
Overwatch is a dynamic team-based shooter in which players choose from a cast of 21 diverse heroes—each with their own unique arsenal of extraordinary weapons and incredible abilities—and battle to complete objectives in various locations across a near-future earth. The game is available now for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and Windows® PC in English, Latin American Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, German, European Spanish, French, Italian, Polish, Russian, Korean (PC only), Japanese (PC and PS4™ system only), and traditional and simplified Chinese (PC only). The game has been rated T for Teen by the ESRB.
Kripp's Guide to Old Gods Non-Legendary Crafting
Our beloved Kripparrian has put together a video guide to discuss which non-legendary cards are worth crafting during the current expansion / meta. It's a great watch if you're interested in a breakdown of how current decks are shaped!
Which non-legendary cards do you feel are a must craft during Old Gods? Tell us in the comments!