Battletag: Niakin#1903 Region: NA Trade Only?: Yes, you go first
- Registered User
Member for 5 years, 7 months, and 11 days
Last active Mon, Sep, 11 2023 22:19:45
- 0 Followers
- 67 Total Posts
- 61 Thanks
Apr 7, 2022Niakin1903 posted a message on Group therapy! Need to blow off steam? Mega salty? Here is the place! V2Posted in: General Discussion
Been trying to get the 'brb' achievement with AFKay in Battlegrounds for ages now...
Queued a no-murlocs lobby with her and got the dream start with a pair of growing quilboars and enough gems along the way to keep them consistently growing. Stabilized around 23 life and had essentially the best quilboar build you could ask for (golden Charlga + two boars and more). Got so excited because I started killing every opponent and I thought I had it in the bag...
Until I faced my last opponent: Nozdormu, who managed to pull off the 300+ attack and health demon cheese with felbat and buddy.
felt so sad...
Oct 19, 2021Posted in: General Discussion
Nutty indeed. Did you win though? Because King Krush looks more like King Rush here.
This looks like the warrior's turn, Krush probably already went face last turn. :)
The warrior had that weapon that does whirlwind on deathrattle... and the Juggernaut replaces your weapon at the start of turn so... that's why they have damage on them.
So I'm guessing OP won this one.. but the opponent rolling a gorehowl in wild is pretty nuts... if their health had been lower at that point it could have been game over :O
Well done, Mr. Holmes! This is indeed exactly what happened. You bet I went face with that Krush. One does not simply rush the Krush ;)
Yep - ended up winning that game. I probably would still have eeked out a win even without the crazy Leoroxx stuff but it was a close one with that warrior getting some nasty weapons from The Juggernaut.
Oct 19, 2021Posted in: General DiscussionAbsolutely nutty RNGI run one Lock and Load in my Wild Odd Quest Hunter deck and it gave me Beastmaster Leoroxx, King Krush, a couple of misc. hunter spells and a Wolpertinger. By the time I played Beastmaster, Baku the Mooneater was also in my hand. That pirate warrior was floored seeing a King Krush + Baku + Leoroxx come out of my hand simultaneously like that. lol
Oct 11, 2021Posted in: General Discussion
Congrats, I'm actualy also making this, excluding anomalies, but I'm not even halfway!
And gotta admit, the last four bosses on last wing are no joke, they sometimes end some of my seemingly unstoppable decks.
Nice, man! Good luck on your quest!
I found that the anomalies actually help you slightly more often than they hurt you because you can draft accordingly and take advantage of them more than the bosses can. (With the exception of 'Ogreish' which almost universally hurts you more since so much of the game is dependent on you taking out key minions ASAP.)
I also learned to draft all my decks with the end bosses in mind. All four of the final Citadel bosses have explosive, snowbally, early minions that you must take care of ASAP. So drafting a deck with early game presence + early game removal often is of paramount value.
Oct 10, 2021Posted in: General Discussion
As of today, I have completed the Heroic Dalaran Heist with:
- Every Hero
- Every Hero's hero power
- Every Hero's deck recipes (including 'random')
- For every wing of the adventure!
- Also completed at least one run with each anomaly!
With 9 heroes, 5 wings, and 4 deck recipes, that amounts to 180 successful Heist runs (and maaany unsuccessful ones too 😅).
I wonder how many other players in the world have done this? I can't imagine more than a few dozen. The time investment - while done very slowly over the course of a few years (I'd casually pick up 'a new Heist run' whenever I felt bored of standard/BGs) - is nonetheless quite large.
Easiest classes for me were routinely: Mage, Warlock, Hunter [easy to cheese big things early].
Hardest classes for me were: Priest, Shaman, Warrior (not a ton of proactivity)
Best treasures (aside from the Robes of Gaudiness/cheese): Rocket Boots (rush is so valuable), The 3/3 that replicates itself each turn (this often won games alone), and duplitransmogrifier (played strategically, this also wins games). Also the +1/+1 to all minions treasure can be insanely great with token decks.
Hardest bosses: Kalec (punishes decks that get too control-y), Vas'no, pre-nerf Haro Setting-Sun, Khadgar, and the boss with the 5-mana beast companion hero power. Also Awilo and Vargoth are two bosses that would sometimes just hit the nuts and destroy me.
I had some fun interactions over the course of the game! Some notable ones:
- An insane taunt quest warrior run with the "each minion played gets a deathrattle: summon a 1/1 copy" anomaly + double deathrattle passive + the +1/+1 minions passive. Got a bunch of Sludge Belchers and the 6-mana mech taunt that summons a 0/5 taunt (which becomes a 1/6 with passive). Each sludge Belcher became an insane package: 4/6 taunt that summons two 2/3 slime taunts + two 1/1 sludge Belcher copies that *themselves* summon two 2/3 slime taunts each. That's 5 mana 18/26 in stats spread across 9 taunted bodies 😅. Absolutely insane.
- Went Infinite with a Druid on the Khadgar fight while I had the "your spells cost health instead of mana" passive. Nearing the end of my deck, I dropped a Chromaggus, banana-d it (so now 3 Chromaggus's), then used the 10-mana (now health) treasure that mind-controlled his board of two 2/3 elementals that make your spells cast an additional time + the 2/4 minion that adds casted spells to your deck. I then played "branching paths" which would cast 3 times (because of elementals): generating armor, adding attack to the minions on the board (including one from the previous turn that could attack this turn), and drawing additional cards... which themselves would then get tripled due to the Chromaggus and then shuffled back into the deck via the boss' minion. Had over 100+ armor, a full deck of branching paths, and +100 attack on all minions. So silly.
- Really enjoyed the "minions gain +1/+1 at the end of each turn" anomaly when played with hunter or paladin that add cheap minions to hand. Becomes a rather intense early game board race. Pair it with the 3 boom bots passive and... you often just win outright if the boss can't clear those boom bots.
- And I'll probably always remember an epic win playing Rakanishu against Khadgar. Game started slipping away from me and Khadgar had multiple elementals on his board. I decided to play ice block even though I had like 40+ health. Sure enough, Khadgar sent a bunch of pyroblasts to my face the next turn and I only lived because of the block. The following turn I managed to get a board clear + a cheap Frost Lich Jaina from previous hero power discounts. Just barely clung to life and started gaining HP with those lifestyle elementals. Such a satisfying comeback.
Loved the Dalaran Heist. I think it has been my favorite solo playing Hearthstone experience! Sad it has finally come to an end!
What are YOUR favorite Heist treasures/combinations/bosses/memories? 😍
Jul 27, 2021Niakin1903 posted a message on How likely can I reach lvl 100 before UIS drops? (87 now)Posted in: General Discussion
Just doing your daily and weekly quests gives you a minimum of 13000 XP per week. You have 2 weeks left until the next expansion drops so that's 26000 XP just from quests. If you are at level 87 then you need 13*2500 = 32500 XP to get to level 100. This means that you need at most 6500 XP from gameplay over two weeks, or ~500XP per day. That's around 1.5h per day of gameplay
This was super helpful! Thanks, bud! It was a pleasant surprise that the last ~15 or so levels capped at 2500 exp necessary to advance (I expected that it would go beyond 3k at some point).
Happily I just achieved lvl 100 today! Completed the last round of weekly quests and I was doing a lot of BGs + FitB achievements last week. Feels good.
Picked the rogue portrait for anyone who's wondering!
Jul 16, 2021Niakin1903 posted a message on How likely can I reach lvl 100 before UIS drops? (87 now)Posted in: General Discussion
I'm a non-tavern pass player who didn't play FitB for the first month or so when it came out. But over the last couple of months I've done most of the daily and weekly quests and have thus far achieved lvl 87 in the rewards track.
How likely is it that I can achieve level 100 before the next expansion drops? Is there enough time?
May 16, 2021Posted in: Battlegrounds
Bumping this thread. This just happened to me. :/ Was about to get the "Finish 1st" achievement for the hero I was playing and then it automatically gave me 2nd place without ever having faced the final player.
Jun 24, 2020Niakin1903 posted a message on The most insane game Ive had since highlander returned!Posted in: Mage
Facing a Galakrond Rogue who Uses Kronx a whopping 12 TIMES! And i somehow still won....
This game is in Diamond 1, the win was literally my game to get legend for the season lol!
Congrats, man! That seriously was an insane game. Sooooo many Kronx Dragonhoofs lol
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.