This deck has been preforming pretty well for me with a 60% winrate over the last 75 games. With the dragon priest package being so good. The main difference between this and any other dragon deck, is the use of Dragon Soul. This legendary popped out to me as soon as I saw it and I knew I wanted to make a good deck that makes use of it, crafted a golden one and got to work.
Dragon Soul gets its major value from chaining together spells, and as such you should try to pop it when you feel the need to cast a spell, such as if you PW:Death a minion or Greater Healing Potion, try to pop a Shadow Visions into PW:Shield after. Using Dragon Soul as more of a value generator than a tempo card is possible through wasting extra mana with looping shadow visions in late game.
A Very Basic Mulligan Guide
- Against aggro, keep Tar Creeper + Twilight Drake
- Against control keep a good amount of the spell package and Dragon Soul and Drakonid Operative
- Against everyone and anyone, keep Duskbreaker, Netherspite Historian, Northshire Cleric
- You could swap out a Tar Creeper for a Big Dragon if you are finding a lot more slow control decks.
- Swapping out a Twilight Drake for a Spellbreaker is something that I've done to help cope with the Voidlords coming out of the woodworks.
- Some of my early iterations had a Psionic Probe instead of Potion of Madness, this worked better against Big Mage, Control Lock, and even Spell Hunter, but with the increase in Secret Mage and Aggro Pally, it helps deal with some early game with a chance of grabbing an early 5/5 from the Dragon Soul.
P.S. One of my first decks on this site so please excuse any formatting errors that I might make.