Hearthstone Dev Interview - C'Thun / Reno / Inspire, Pirates, Spirits in Arena
The Hearthstone reddit had a chance to sit down with Peter Whalen and Liv Breeden to talk about the new expansion.
Here's what they had to say.
- Work started on Rastakhan's Rumble back in early January.
- Unsurprisingly, Battle for Azeroth inspired the set. The team didn't feel constricted by using it - lots of cool characters.
- Spirit cards will be available in the arena.
- The Shrine mechanic is only for the single-player content.
- Starting with Kobolds & Catacombs, they learned that build around cards are better when they are easier to obtain (rare).
- Using their newfound knowledge on build arounds, this set gave players a cheap and expensive version of the same build around to keep it more accessible. (Spirits and Loas)
- They are not opposed to bringing back older keywords / mechanics we loved such as Reno Jackson (Highlander), C'Thun, Inspire.
- We're going to see pirates in the set but not all of them will be cheap to play. Pirates are still an aggressive archetype though.
Quote from Peter Whalen and Liv Breeden
Pig: We won’t be seeing a return of old keywords anytime soon?
Peter: Certainly not in Rastakhan’s Rumble. But I think it's unfair to count anything out. I think especially old keywords that people have loved before, I think we'll continue to see them. Hero cards are a great example, right? We took a set off, we didn't do any hero cards in Kobolds and Catacombs, and then we've brought them back a small number over the past year.
Pig: One every expansion, it's been really fun!
Peter: One every expansion. So we'll figure out exactly what's the right cadence for hero cards or there's other mechanics that people have loved in the past. Reno Jackson was a cool card.
Pig: Highlander cards!
Peter: Or there's Inspire. There's C'thun, there's all these cool mechanics and none of these are things I'm saying "Oh, this is coming back soon". But there's lots of stuff that people love. And so why wouldn't we bring it back? That sounds great.
Learn More About Rastakhan's Rumble
Looking to learn more about Hearthstone's tenth expansion? Visit our expansion guide for Rastakhan's Rumble!
Get Cheaper Packs!
This section contains affiliate links. They help the site!
If you want to save money when buying Hearthstone packs, you should check out Amazon Coins! It's an easy way to save up to 25% off Hearthstone packs so you can get into the new expansion without worrying about your wallet too much. We've got a detailed guide on how to Get Started with Amazon Coins, but if you've already dealt with them in the past, you can buy some more by clicking right here.
The best part though? You don't even need an Android device because we've got a guide to show you how to setup an emulator if you're on PC!