Celebrate Midsummer Fire Festival with the Ragnaros' Fire Festival Brawl!
Defeat your opponent, but if you feed an ever-growing, minion-eating, tiny Fire Lord, there may be a reward in it for you!
- This is a brand new brawl!
- This brawl is a part of the Midsummer Fire Festival event in Hearthstone.
- This is the first brawl that has activated special effects on an emote.
- A score is kept over the duration of the brawl to see how many minions you've fed to Mini-Rag. Score elements are a rarity in brawls.
Midsummer Fire Festival
- A bonus has been activated across Hearthstone which enables 2x gold for completion of quests during the event.
- Midsummer ends after 2 weeks, though the Brawl likely won't stay that long.
How it Works
- You'll have to build your own deck.
- At the start of the game, a Mini-Rag will spawn on the side of player 2. It has 2/3 stats and is Immune.
- When your turn is over, the following happens:
- Mini-Rag launches 1 damage missiles at your side. The amount of missiles shot is equal to his attack value.
- Mini-Rag will gain attack value equal to the number of minions killed by him.
- Mini-Rag will switch sides of the board and the next player can now play as normal.
- When Mini-Rag kills minions, your overall score increases which unlocks Fireworks! See below section "Firework Unlocks".
- The end of game screen will give you a congratulatory popup indicating how many minions Mini-Rag killed that game and overall during the brawl event.
The wow emote has been upgraded! Once you've killed a certain number of minions during the Brawl, your wow emote will shoot Fireworks off!
- 8 Minions Killed - Level 1 Fireworks
- 30 Minions Killed - Level 2 Fireworks
- 60 Minions Killed - Level 3 Fireworks
Discuss This Week's Brawl!
If you want to discuss this brawl with fellow brawlers, head on over to the discussion thread!
If your board is filled and Rag doesn't kill any minion (example: when healing totem is in play), the rag does not switch sides and you get him for 3 turns in a row!!! POGCHAMP!
Heh. Was just in a brawl with a priest who hit me with a Mass Dispel. It silenced *most* of Mini-Rag's powers, including the end-of-turn swap, but left his invulnerability in place, so I had a permanent 2/3 unkillable minion.
Heh, that was probably me. I played so many games running a silence priest deck with a Mind Control Tech in it, so I could steal that unkillable minion for the lulz. Sometimes I would just Mass Dispel for the fun of it because it was fun resetting Mini-Rag.
Is that fireworks update forever or only for midsummer fire festival?
I thought we would get an 'Insect!' emote, because of the phrasing.... RIP my dreams.
Anyone wants to feed baby ragnaros with me? EUROPE A5KAD#1215
How is it possible that no one I play in this week's super-rad Tavern Brawl understands that you WANT to feed Baby Rag? Some of my opponents have the right deck with the right idea, however, they all rage-quit because I have a nice board (even though I don't attack with that board). I even play all cards I can to boost my opponent's life. Such a great brawl with huge potential, but I can only face-palm so many times before it gets old. Sorry, Blizz.
In exact same boat, just obnoxious.
Poor Watcherzero, he doesn't understand that it's not a co-op. You still have to win to get the pack.
If you want fireworks, you're supposed to play several games.
I finally got to play against someone who realised I was in it to see how far it would go.
We both had Patrons and at one point I had 5 Armoursmiths in play. I got to 116 Armour.
I didn't see how many kills we got up to due to a connection issue but it must have been well over 40.
It was magic.
ppl dont undertand the idea of this brawl.blizzard shouldve made it co op.
Knowing people would go for my throat all the time, got a paladin with lots of things to sacrifice to the all-mighty Lil Rag.
So far loving it, and I only lost some times vs warriors that topdicked the hell out of me.
all the decks from the front page cost like 3-4k dust to make.fun!
I just want to take a moment to say a hearty FUCK YOU to every single asshat playing Tempo Mage in this. You bastards missed the entire bloody point of this brawl and are actively ruining it for everyone trying to actually unlock the fireworks. I'm fucking 5 games in and have a whooping 12 dead minions so far.
just play token/egg pala and feed rag yourself... I was done in 3 games.
Totally agree with you. I try to add those jerks as friends to explain them the objective of the brawl, and I spam the Threaten emote along the way, but people are just thinking about thrashing you.
Please spread the message too, INSECTS.
i dont understand 90% of ppl that are playing the brawl.im not attacking you.im summoning minions.How is this so hard to understand i just want to complete the bonus objective.
The rogue vanished twice, so I got to play 2 rags, as one spawn everytime none is on board
do the rags switch sides as well?
This quest would have been a lot more fun had it actually been co-op. Most of my games against people are just straight battles, no one even emotes fireworks. It should have been work together to survive Rag until how ever many minions had been sacrificed.