Weekly News Recap
There's a lot to cover from last week, so let's get right to it!
- December 16
- We posted the decklists from the MLG/ManaGrind NA Open. There was no EU event due to server issues.
- Technical difficulties which plagued the European beta servers during the weekend were resolved.
- December 17
- Blizzard posted a thread talking about the upcoming changes in the next Hearthstone mini-patch.
- Some mage cards utilizing the freeze mechanic are being nerfed.
- A fix will be applied to the Arena to correct a bug which was not allowing people to play Arena.
- Hearthstone Beta Patch 4243 showed up on the test servers.
- Frost Nova's cost was increased to 3, from 2.
- Blizzard's cost was increased to 6 from 5.
- Cone of Cold's cost was increased to 4, from 3.
- ManaGrind posted their interview with Muffinsssss, the winner of the weekend's NA Hearthstone tournament.
- December 18
- ManaCast Episode #16! Discussion topics included:
- Upcoming Berlin Tournament,
- Thoughts on the new ranking system,
- State of the Meta,
- Weekend tournament decklists.
- December 19
- Jason Chayes, Hearthstone's Production Developer, posted an update on the status of open beta.
- Everyone who has opted-in before December 16th, was sent a beta key.
- Beta Opt-ins will no longer be possible starting on January 7th, 2014.
- ManaGrind's Sar posted an article titled "Common Situations with the Three Resources". It is a continuation of his first article, The Three Competing Resources.
- The Diablo team released information on the Collector's Edition of Reaper of Souls. Although not included in the announcement post, purchasing Diablo III RoS will also net Hearthstone players 3 packs of cards.
- December 20
- Curse Premium Membership Now Includes a FREE Game from Curse and GOG.com
- ManaGrind's Jotto reported on the current State of the Meta.
- Zeriyah made a post for players who did not receive a beta key but were opted-in to the beta test. If you didn't get a key, check it out to troubleshoot!
- Blizzard will not be sending out replacement keys, but your account will automatically be flagged for beta access sometime in January.
- Blizzard posted the top 100 Hearthstone players on the NA and EU ranked ladders. Did you make the cut?
- The top 43 players from North America, and the top 23 players from Europe are Legend rank.
Tournament Decklists - MLG/ManaGrind NA/EU Opens #9
We've got the top 3 decklists from both the North American and European MLG/ManaGrind tournaments this weekend. We saw Druids, Rogues, Shamans, and Warlocks take the top finishing spots this past weekend, which is is a pleasant change from the mages we have encountered during the past couple of tournaments. Maybe it has something to do with that Freeze card nerf!