Hearthstone Closed Beta Invites Status

• 12/20/2013 03:02 PMPosted by MrPizza
    It doesn't take 3 weeks. All of you are slacking. But thanks for working really hard for all of us who have waited for ever for a mistake 100% on Blizzards end. Mid Jan? Biggest joke I have ever heard.

MrPizza, we are always open to ideas and suggestions for how we can do things better, but it is important to be civil and constructive in your comments.

12/20/2013 03:12 PMPosted by MrPizza
    I was never sent one they already looked even though I have been signed up for over 4 months now.

In this case, as I pointed out in my original reply to you, we spent some extra time and resources to determine that you were in fact sent a Hearthstone beta invite back around August/September. I understand that you want to play Hearthstone now and that this is a frustrating experience for you, but unfortunately I can now only ask that you just wait a little while longer and we will be flagging your account directly for beta access in January.
  • 12/20/2013 03:22 PMPosted by MrPizza
    I am sorry I didn't know I was the one paid to work on hearthstone I thought that is what everyone at Blizzard was for? I thought Blizzard prided itself on having the best/ most talented people working for them?

Thanks!

12/20/2013 03:22 PMPosted by MrPizza
    Stop using emails and do direct account.

Reposting an earlier reply to this topic: We will most likely be utilizing direct account flagging for any beta opportunities going forward. In this particular case, due to limited team bandwidth and development time, we had to choose between having beta keys or direct account flagging. In the past, many players have expressed interest in having beta keys since that allows for more different methods of beta access distribution, such as beta key giveaways, which is why we went with beta keys this time around.

Then make sure you actually send them out...

We did.

or maybe not send people multiple keys...

Each account that opted in was only sent one beta key, except for a small number of accounts a few months ago that were sent two keys due to an issue on our end. It is possible for an individual player to receive multiple keys by opting in using multiple accounts or to win them via different promotions or giveaways.

or send out hundreds or thousands to promotional websites...

We certainly did not give out hundreds of thousands keys to any promotional websites. In addition, as noted in my point above, any beta keys that were given out to websites was largely in response to previous player feedback that they liked seeing additional methods of obtaining beta access.

without making sure first your individual customers who have signed up got a key by the 16th or don't release a statement saying they were all sent out and everyone who signed up should have received an invite.

We made sure, and in your specific case, we made sure again. All players that opted in before December 16th were successfully sent a Hearthstone beta invite email from our servers.

I never got one in my spam or inbox customer service looked it up already so that statement release in itself was already a lie.

In this case our support team was unfortunately mistaken. Our support team actually cannot directly check whether or not an account was opted in or was sent a beta invite email as multiple teams must be involved in order to access this information. For your account specifically, I have personally verified that you were sent a Hearthstone beta invite email back around August/September.

I was very excited to play this game. But not anymore.

I am very sorry to hear that, but your account will be directly flagged for beta access in January, so I hope that you check back again then.
  • 12/20/2013 04:07 PMPosted by OldNoob
    First thanks Aratil for help with this however...

We made sure, and in your specific case, we made sure again. All players that opted in before December 16th were successfully sent a Hearthstone beta invite email from our servers.

Obviously not since I and others didn't get the invite. Now this doesn't mean they weren't sent out just that we didn't receive them. The question is why didn't we receive them? I have an Apple email address so it's possible that Apple blocked it, though I doubt that. As far as I know I received other emails from Blizzard so I don't understand why this one went missing.

As for the email ending up in my junk mail folder I check that folder daily and manually deleted those files. Last night I tried to use my Time Machine back up to look for any lost emails but since I'm using Outlook 2011 I've found no way to check for them.

Also when I do get Blizzard related spam I forward that to Blizzard. Didn't get any Hearthstone related spam.

We cannot troubleshoot each email provider used by our players - we only can verify that they have been sent from our servers. Some common things players have been reporting with regards to beta invite emails are:

-Emails have been found in the Trash or Spam folders.
    -Emails have been found in Gmail's newer "Promotions" tab.
    -Some emails have been found by using the Search function in your email provider, searching for "Blizzard" or "Hearthstone".
    -Some providers do block messages they feel are spam.

The last thing noted we can't do much about in an email-based key distribution system. Seeing these issues and reports of people still not getting their keys even though they were sent frustrates us as much as it frustrates the intended recipient, which is why we've decided to flag accounts for Hearthstone access like we mentioned here. Flagging accounts won't involve emails so we can ensure that those of you that opted-in and did not claim a beta key will get access to Hearthstone.
  • 12/20/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Mykael
    flag my account then please if it hasnt been done already. ty ahead of time

Flagging accounts won't require anyone to request or sign up for it - we will do it automatically for all Battle.net accounts that opted in to the Hearthstone beta test and did not claim their beta key.
  • 12/20/2013 04:43 PMPosted by ffhighwind

Can't check if the email was not received? Most email providers send a response back when the account doesn't exist.

I posted this back in October saying my email account was disabled until late October. Maybe others had the same issue? http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10311551336#1

Also, getting people's hopes up by responding that something "can" happen is really awful. If it was possible for me to check if I had received an email with a key from my disabled email account I wouldn't have bothered checking it every day.

Beta key emails are done in very large automated batches. If the battle.net email you used to opt-in to a beta does not exist for whatever reason and bounces back an email from us, we have no other way of contacting you. We always suggest keeping your battle.net email up to date to avoid these problems.
  • 12/20/2013 07:01 PMPosted by cerberus189
    i am starting to give up with hearthstone now you keep saying we have given keys to people who opted in before the 16th of December then where the hell is my key. i opted in long before then no key but my mate that opted in 2 weeks ago got a key what the hell really and you keep saying we have sent them out well me and over 300 people that i have seen on your forum don't have there keys ever please explain to me how you can claim you have done a job that clearly has not been for-filled

Here's a few things previously mentioned that may assist you in finding a beta key if you have opted-in:

-Emails have been found in the Trash or Spam folders.
    -Emails have been found in Gmail's newer "Promotions" tab.
    -Some emails have been found by using the Search function in your email provider, searching for "Blizzard" or "Hearthstone".
    -Some providers do block messages they feel are spam.

If you've searched your inbox and scoured your email to no avail, and you've been correctly opted-in for an extended period of time, we'll be directly flagging accounts with no additional action required on your part before the open beta begins. Once we have flagged accounts for beta access, we will be emailing those that received a key but did not redeem it as well as make a public announcement through our various communication channels so that you have been made aware.
  • 01/08/2014 06:27 AMPosted by GuiLe
    I have a question and was wondering if anyone could help me. In my beta preferences of games i am interested in, hearthstone is no longer an option as a game for me to vheck off. Now is this normal of is there a problem with my account?

Opt-ins for the Hearthstone beta test were disabled yesterday, but anyone that opted in before the opt-ins were disabled will still be sent an invite to the Hearthstone beta test before Open Beta begins.
  • 01/08/2014 04:07 PMPosted by Holyswordman

How long are we going to wait for the beta keys to be sent out (Or are they out already)? Are all the invites going to go out into one big wave?

We currently plan to invite all remaining opt-ins via direct account flagging and it will be done as one large wave. This invite wave has not yet happened, as we are still compiling the full list of accounts to be flagged. A notice will be sent once the wave happens.
  • 01/08/2014 05:03 PMPosted by Wiita
    Will the account be flagged if we visit the Battle.net Page?

Once the accounts are flagged, the Hearthstone license should show up in Battle.net Account Management.
  • We are going to try to have the accounts flagged next week, unfortunately I don't have an exact date yet.