No you're not.
- Registered User
Member for 6 years and 6 months
Last active Tue, Mar, 28 2023 07:20:09
- 0 Followers
- 525 Total Posts
- 802 Thanks
May 10, 2017zmauls posted a message on This 100th Tavern Brawl has Arrived! Super RNG Fun - Experience Nine Brawls in One!Posted in: News
0zmauls posted a message on Shifty EmotesPosted in: General Discussion
Is anyone else having trouble with hero emoting?
I am getting a random emote per choice. I choose "Thank you," I get "Well played." I choose "Greetings," I get "Oops."
1zmauls posted a message on Hearthstone - How insanely fun is it?Posted in: General Discussion
Judging by the first few replies, sarcasm doesn't seem to be a strong-point for users on this site. Duly noted.
OP, I enjoyed your post.
2zmauls posted a message on The reason everyone plays aggro or midrange decks plus why blizzard is doing a bad job at appealing to casualsPosted in: General DiscussionQuote from Gucciboi23 >>
I don't know about turn 4, it is to early to win for the game to be enjoyable for me, but other than that yes, winning with a combo is what gets me "howling"Turn 4, turn 8, whatever. Amping up a plant to a 40 damage overkill in one turn against a full board makes me laugh harder than the best Dave Chapelle skit I've ever seen. If you ask me, that's the epitome of enjoyable.
0zmauls posted a message on The reason everyone plays aggro or midrange decks plus why blizzard is doing a bad job at appealing to casualsPosted in: General DiscussionQuote from Gucciboi23 >>
I can make it short:
This is what makes aggro, tempo and midrange decks so common/popular:
- They are cheap to craft (you might not have to craft anything to play them)
- They are fast to climb with (game is decided quickly)
- They are simple to play (this is a children's card game after all)
- They have high win rates (more consistent draws/less dead turns and HS got broken 1/2-drops)
The reason control decks are less common/popular is because:
- They are very slow to climb with (games last a long time, especially if it's a game you're gonna win)
- They are often extremely expensive to craft (difficult to build, often rely heavily on legendary cards)
- They can be pretty difficult to play well (coming up with the right answer is ofc harder than asking the questions)
- They are inconsistent (you usually have to run a lot of highly situational and high mana cost cards)
- They have low win rates because aggro, tempo and combo/OTK decks wreck it real hard (aggro/tempo are popular for reasons I mentioned above, combo/OTK decks are often popular solely due to high win rates, but also gain some popularity due to some players really enjoying that archetype)there is another thing iv made threads about, the rarity system. It is pushing people into these midrange and aggro decks for all the reasons you stated abovecheap, fast, simple, overpowered.it is like people are only trying to earn the expensive fun cards by playing decks that would never run them. when we come to the bottom of this howl thing, this is a game and not your 9 to 5 job that you are just trying to get through every day, people treating this game like it is a job because people want the expensive ledengaries that they don't even play. why do you play this game if you just want each game to be won as soon as possible?? it is like indirectly you don't even like this game if you want it to end before it begins, and the plays are so obvious, it is like do you like to answer people when they ask stupid questions?it almost seems like if there was a turn based game where the howl primise was to say the color on a yellow card in your hand correctly repeatedly, you would all just sit there and fkn say yellow yellow yellow all day and feel like you doing something with your life, even though it is boring and requires not skill, and when some motherfkr says yellow before you it is some stupid BULLSHIT TOP DECK RNG because he was lucky enough to win the coin toss to start with...like my point is, why play a game if you don't want to play the game? if you don't want to explore the howl thing and win by doing the most crazy innovative strategy, if you don't want to make the hard choices, why are you even playing??Most of my howling is done when I deal 32 face damage on turn 4 with my Silence Priest. That's what you're talking about, right?
1zmauls posted a message on Quest Warrior is stupidly brokenPosted in: Standard Format
If you seek the hard counter to quest warrior, as someone previously said (although a tad flippantly), Miracle Plant Rouge is what you want. The one with Sherazin, Corpse Flower and Arcane Giants.
You still have to play well as the rogue, utilizing Hallucination skillfully and knowing when to go all in with your board/drawing through your deck; but if you do, you should win 9 times out of 10, no exaggeration.Played Miracle down to 5 this month, can confirm win rate. Mine was 92% vs Taunt Warrior.
1zmauls posted a message on Making LegendPosted in: Standard Format
These responses were super helpful, thank you all. Gonna have to agree that my main problem is probably deck switching, which results in the illusion of bad matchups, which results in tilting. Definitely an easy fix. Any further input is appreciated.
2zmauls posted a message on Making LegendPosted in: Standard Format
First thread, spare me.
Any recommendations for getting to legend? I've been playing since GvG and get Rank 5 literally every month but have never managed to make it past Molten Giant, let alone the Inn Keeper. It seems once I hit 5 my matchups become a losing bout of rock, paper, scissors. I play Miracle, they play Pirate. Switch to Pirate, they play Value Priest. Switch to Value, they play Quest Mage. Switch to Quest Mage, they play Quest Rogue, and so on. I can't seem to achieve the consistency required to get to Legend.
Notably, I was Rank 5 on the 4th. Been stuck there since. I refuse to dismiss this as "bad luck" or some kind of "rigged matching system." I know I'm doing something wrong. I just don't know what it is.
Edit: Just to clarify, I am playing more than one game with each deck before switching. I am also aware that this great diversity is a positive thing, not a negative, and I do not expect to be able to dominate with a single deck... Looking at you, Secret Pally. I climbed to 5 with Miracle Rogue at a 41-6 win ratio. That same deck fell to 54-29 before I stopped playing it.
0zmauls posted a message on What Is Your Favorite Deck?Posted in: General Discussion
All time: 1) naxx handlock with moltens 2) 2014 murloc zoo 3) yogg and loadI second that. Pre-standard Handlock was probably my all time favorite. At least 400 of my golden Warlock wins were with that deck. Right now I'm having a lot of fun with Tempo Rogue. 479. Should have golden Rogue by tomorrow.
1zmauls posted a message on Idea: Select 2 Decks for Ranked Matches, Ban One before MatchPosted in: General Discussion
I think it'd be pretty dope but we all know Blizz will never go for something like this. At most we get a similar concept in a Brawl.
0zmauls posted a message on TOKEN MALY DRUID 200 LEGENDPosted in: TOKEN MALY DRUID 200 LEGEND
I see my sarcasm was lost on you.
1zmauls posted a message on Gold & dust saving F2P Tips?Posted in: General Discussion
Hearthstone is moving into direction where you cant compete as f2p player anymore in tournaments etc. Yes you can craft couple of decks for ladder but lets say for bo9 conquest format it is impossible for someone who has't spent a dime to participate. The removal of adventures and the "fixed prices" outside Muricas means that for someone who buys 120 packs from every expansion this year, the year 2017 will cost 55% more than the year 2016. Yes, FIFTY FIVE PERCENT MORE! This is scamming at its finest.
Back to the point, the only way you can earn money as f2p player is playing arenas. You need +7 win average per run for it to be time well spent/profitable.
Reroll your 40g daily quests, play your 30 wins a day, do every tavern brawl there is and trade your 80g play a friend quests. In the end the cruel fact is, you can never even dream about being even a semi HC tournament player if you're not willing to pay some realHe's right, for the most part. Time vs profit, arena is the only way to go. But you don't exactly NEED 7+ wins. 7 wins guarantees at least 150 gold, effectively making your run free. But if you can manage 4 or 5 wins regularly, you'll still get about 100 gold and a pack, which is still "technically" a 50 gold profit margin. Watch videos and read guides to help you with your draft and play style. It took me almost 9 months to get my first 12 win run, but now between 7 and 12 for me is pretty common. There will be a lot of 0-3's while you are learning, but getting good at arena is well worth the time. I am mostly an F2P player and currently have 15k dust and 11k gold stacked up. I only have arena to thank for that.
1zmauls posted a message on NA server is down, share your queue!Posted in: General Discussion
So just your unsubstantiated opinion, then?
That's not at all how it works.
2zmauls posted a message on NA server is down, share your queue!Posted in: General DiscussionBecause some of us have spent decent sized chunks of money on this game and expect it to be available when we want to play. We are paying them for a service they are not providing when stuff like this happens and should be compensated. When I can't watch TV Dish Network happily knocks 10 or 20 bucks off my bill when I call in. Blizzard should be no different. I get that some things are beyond their control but at the same time that's not my problem. I'm paying them and I expect to be able to play when I want to play and if that doesn't happen then I expect to be compensated for the hassle. A few packs is the least they can do.That's not at all how it works.You gonna support that with a counter-argument or just throw down an unsubstantiated opinion?
2zmauls posted a message on Arena feels so unbalanced right nowPosted in: The Arena
Right, because Blizzard is known for nothing if not nerfing cards that exclusively affect a small fraction of arena matches.
Also, it's Blizzard's fault you picked a fourth Mistress of Mixtures instead of Frost Bolt.
Solid post, 9/10.
- To post a comment, please login or register a new account.