Bananas Exodia Paladin feat. Shirvallah
- Last updated Apr 1, 2019 (Level Up Nerf)
- 14 Minions
- 15 Spells
- Deck Type: Ranked Deck
- Deck Archetype: OTK Paladin
- Crafting Cost: 11320
- Dust Needed: Loading Collection
- Created: 3/21/2018 (Patches Nerf)
- Registered User
Total Deck Rating
Hello fellow Hearthpwners!
I don't claim complete authorship and originality on this idea. Most of it is based in Gunnolf's version, with some changes of mine. Exodia Paladin is like a good European wine, gets better and better with time, with each new expansion improving it a little bit more (except for this last Equality nerf, which was a big punch). Try it and see how fun it is to laugh at your control opponents doing their thing, just to die to the 4 DKs of the Apocalypse!
Why is it better than other Exodias and OTKs?
1) Doesn't care about your opponent's life/armor or immunities
2) It's FASTER! It features both Call to Arms and tons of draw AND doesn't need to draw your whole deck like Mecha'Thun. My record is completing the Exodia combo with 12 cards left in the deck! Just know how to pilot it and pray for some luck.
So this is it. Follow the steps below and have fun!! (more interest in this deck can make me expand the guide with match-ups, etc).
1) Draw, draw, draw while controlling his board. Good old Equality combos (now with 4 of it: Shrink Ray) were much better before the nerf, but now they come too late against aggressive decks
2) Play Uther of the Ebon Blade asap!
3) When you have three 1 mana spells (or two spells plus The Coin) and Beardo in hand, play Emperor Thaurissan. This can be done before Uther, which is awesome (the same is not true for the bouncing pandas version)
4) Next turn play Beardo and hero power 4 times for the kill
Rastakhan's Rumble update
This expansion gave us our missing keys: Banana Buffoon! He's cheap, doesn't answer any Call to Arms and gives you two 1-mana spells, freeing you at least 2 card slots. These were subbed with more draw, Time Out!s and a defensive/healing package (Shirvallah + Zola) that absolutely improved the aggro match-up. Sometimes I even beat Even Shaman/Mech Hunter etc with it.
And what to do when both call to arms in the bottom? seems resignable every time this happens...
It's not that common because we run two of them. What screws you is when the key combo cards are at the bottom (Uther, Beardo, Thaurissan and Buffoons), but that's always the issue with combo and exodia decks!
Really cool list.