The Showdown in Dalaran Starts Today! (May 14 & 15)
We're getting a preview of the new adventure that is to release this Thursday, May 16. Blizzard has invited 8 Hearthstone community members out to a special event featuring a $20,000 prize pool. Details below.
- The stream starts at 10 AM PT (1 PM ET, 7 PM CEST) on both May 14th and 15th. Stream runs for about 3 hours.
- The 8 invited players are divided into 4 teams.
- Players earn points by completing special quests given to them at the event. Points rank them for prize pool payouts.
- Chris, Hearthstone Community Manager, says the event shouldn't take away from a fresh experience due to it being highly re-playable (Source).
And, some important details on the adventure.
- The first chapter of the adventure will be free. Two chapters (including the free one) launch Thursday.
- The following three chapters will launch one at a time over the next three weeks.
- The whole adventure will be purchasable for $20, or 700 gold per wing for a total of 2800 gold.
You can watch all the action on the main stream at Twitch.tv/PlayHearthstone .
Quote from Blizzard
Rafaam’s plan is set, the League of E.V.I.L. is descending on Dalaran, and the most heinous heist the world has ever seen is about to begin… the only thing missing is some heavy-hitting henchmen. To find out who’s prepared to fill out Rafaam’s roster, and to show off Hearthstone’s awesome new single-player content, The Dalaran Heist, we’ve gathered 8 of your favorite creators to battle it out in a massive two-day event. Tune in to find out who will impress the League and take home a slice of the $20,000 prize pool!
- May 14 + 15 | 10am - 2pm PT each day
Casters & Host:
Here’s the Plan:
Our henchman creators will pair into four teams of two and await their fate, delivered in envelopes straight from League of E.V.I.L. headquarters. Each envelope contains a quest to be completed by playing through The Dalaran Heist. Completing a quest will reward points, and those who are daring can up the ante on the difficulty with an added bonus challenge. The team with the most points at the end of the event wins, granting the winning team the largest cash prize and, more importantly, bragging rights!
Somebody order a bomb!?
Oh, and one more plot twist we forgot to mention: throughout the event, teams that find themselves lagging behind will have the ability to disrupt their opponents in a BOOM-ing way… let’s just say “bombs” aren’t just for Bomb Warrior. Curious what might happen? You’ll have to tune in to find out… but it’s sure to be wild!
What’s on the line:
$5,000 per player
$2,500 per player
$1,500 per player
$1,000 per player
This will be your chance to get a look at all of the Dalaran Heist before the first two chapters launch on May 16, so be sure to tune in for a wild ride through the magical city of Dalaran!
Now, let the showdown begin!