Except Dany would never do this, and was done for the sake of the plot and to be "shocking".
Let's take a look at what Dany has done throughout the show, shall we?
- Dany threatens to cut off her brother's hands if he hits her again
- Dany watches without emotion as her older brother (heir to the throne over her) is melted to death by her husband
- Knowing that the death of her Kahl husband will mean the end of her and her army, Dany sacrifices her unborn child to a witch in a misguided attempt to save him
- Thinking all is lost, Dany burns the witch, her semi-dead husband and herself alive, only to survive and get dragons, because magic
- Dany threatens to raze Qarth when they don't let her in
- Dany has her Dragons incinerate the Warlock Pyat Pree
- Dany locks Xaro in his vault to die of starvation
- Dany burns the slavemasters of Astapor and steals their army of unsullied
- Dany orders the unsullied to sack astapor and leaves the city ungoverned and in shambles to march to Yunkai
- Dany sacks the city of Yunkai and leaves the city ungoverned and in shambles to march to Mareen
- Dany instigates a slave revolt to take Mareen, then crucifies 163 nobles from that city
- Dany has a great master burned alive and eaten by her dragons as reprisal for Ser Barriston's death
- Dany gathers all the Dothraki leaders together and burns them alive
- Dany declares her intent to "return their [slaver's bay] cities to the dirt," but is persuaded to by Tyrion not to do it
- Dany burns the entire slavemaster's armada (what about the innocents?!)
- Dany burns the Tarlys for not bending the knee
Yes. Dany is was a totally kind a delightful ruler up until season 8 episode 5. If anything is clear, its that the only thing holding her back the entire time from not doing this earlier were here trusted advisers, who are now all dead or untrusted
I stopped reading after the first two bullets. Viserys was basically Ramsay with platinum blond hair. If you take Dany threatening him or not being sad when he dies as forshadowing that she would commit mass murder, you are deranged.
YET DANY STILL NAMED A DRAGON AFTER HIM!!!!!!!!
Sorry for the capslock but how could people miss that Dany is not right in the head? She falls in love with her rapist, that's the very first thing she does. Really thanks to the creator of that list though.
People get blinded by beauty, dragons, nice music, badassery, some noble agenda. But that's all intended .Basically Jorah starts the whole thing out of blind love: "If she has Dragons, she can do anything"
However Dragons are likely only a product of blood magic and the Red Star. There are no gods. Burn a girl with a wood horse, you get a horse. Well that's the show's take. In the books everything is hidden in cryptic prophecies - which are all like Noah's ark, fictive myths based on real events.
Again, having a complicated relationship with an abusive older brother(not being sad after as he dies, but still wanting to honor the person he was with naming) is not foreshadowing madness leading to mass murder. See the hound the hound and his abusive older brother. See Tyrion who actually kills his abusive father! People are really grasping at straws here.