Fireside Gatherings Today - Enjoy Your Early Pack Openings!
As is custom there is the chance for everyone to open their March of the Lich King packs starting Friday the 2nd of December in The Fireside Gathering Early Pack Opening from 10am PT/ 1pm ET/ 19:00 CET/ 18:00 GMT. The Fireside Gathering for March of the Lich King will run until 10am PT/ 1pm ET/ 19:00 CET/ 18:00 GMT on Monday, December 5th!
A way for you to already open your packs you have pre-ordered and get a look at your new collection. You are limited to packs you got from the pre-order bundles, and you cannot get extra packs with gold. That will have to wait until the actual launch.
So how does this work?
- Go to: https://firesidegatherings.com/en-us/create
- This is the official Blizzard site for creating Fireside Gatherings.
- On this page create a Fireside Gathering at your location and at a time at least 1 hour into the future.
- You can only create a Fireside Gathering for yourself, and only you can attend yours. NO public Fireside Gatherings yet due to Covid 19.
- Once the time for your personal Fireside Gathering arrives, just log in to your Region with the packs, and you will automatically be taken to the Fireside Gathering section that is now active.
- You can stay in the section and use the Fireside Gathering specific Brawls and games, OR if you want to open your packs, just return to your main screen and go to the Pack Opening section of the game.
- Open Packs! As many or as few as you want. Be aware though, Class or Game mode specific Packs (from Book of Mercenaries for instance or the Standard packs from Tavern Brawl) will NOT have cards from the new expansion yet. You will need to open those on Launch Day to get the March of the Lich King Cards from them.
- If you are looking for specific cards or want to know what you might be getting, use our March of the Lich King Card List to see the details!
- When you are done you can just leave or play the game as normal.
Quote from Blizzard
You can open your Pre-Purchase packs early at a private pre-release Fireside Gathering before March of the Lich King goes live on December 6. Private Pre-Release Fireside Gatherings can take place between Friday, December 2, 10:00 a.m. (PST) and Monday, December 5, 10:00 a.m. (PST).
In light of the ongoing health risks associated with in-person gatherings, the ability to create public in-person events is still disabled at this time.
Private Fireside Gatherings will:
- Be eligible to receive Nemsy Necrofizzle if they fulfill all hosting prerequisites. This means having an established Tavern. Learn more about establishing your Tavern here.
- Be eligible for the Fireside Gatherings card back.
- Allow event listing creation the same day as the event is meant to be hosted.
- Have the same Fireside Brawls as public Fireside Gatherings.
- Be visible on the website only to the Innkeeper hosting it. The Fireside Gathering itself will be visible in the game client and participants will be able to search for it and find it in the client as well.
Private Fireside Gatherings will NOT:
- Be visible on Tavern or upcoming event pages.
- Show up in the search function on the upcoming events page.
- Count towards any Tavern or Innkeeper progression. They will not count towards establishing your Tavern. You will still need to host public events in the future as part of establishing your Tavern.