the following sentences are my opinion on some of the cards of this deck or at least how i see them.
- i choose to run font of power because it can give you a lot of powerful minions for a lot of scenarios (for example: kalecgos, malygos, antonidas, reno, prime, azure explorer for another free dragon, observer, messenger raven) plus if going fatigue or near fatigue you can grab the 2 other options for free. a lot of value for 1 mana.
- learn draconic, because you have more than enough mana from spells to pull it off relatively easy, 6/6 body for 1 mana.
- conjurer calling, its fantastic because you can trade something (preferably a 5+ minion, if you have no other choice then using it on a 4 mana minion is still decent) and then transform it to have a free body, also works well if your opponent spent some removal on your board and maybe you have a damaged minion (in this case you can go face or trade it maintaining it alive and then transform it). you can use it 2 times!
- im debating on fireball and polymorph, you could change it for rolling fireball and rusteed raider, but nowadays people are not expecting burst damage or hard removal from mage and you can punish really hard a lot of actions from your opponents because they for sure think you're playing a ''standard list'' but in reality you are not. surprise with the unexpected.
- blizzard, ive seen a lot of lists not running it and i dont know why, its a fantastic board clear/stall. a lot of the times you can freeze your opponents board for like 2-3 turns in row; has synergy with ray of frost and can be cheated out with dragoncaster if needed. freezed to the bones.
- not using tortolian or box mainly because i believe box frm my expertise is just too TOO much rng and unreliable overall, maybe it wins you some games but also can rekt you XD. on the other hand, tortolian could still be good without box but i dont know. personal preference here.
- the 3 mana orc is an aggro tech.
- scalerider,a good tempo play in general if you use the 2 damage to clear something or just hitting face.
- cobalt spellkin, this minion can generate a lot of powerful and useful spells for stalling or buying extra turns (a couple of cards that come to mind: ray of frost, evocation, arcane breath, font of power, magic trick, mirror image).