Curse of Naxxramas Card Gallery and Updates

• 06/30/2014 07:19 PMPosted by StGraves
    I haven't read up much on it, will these cards still be available for everyone to craft? or will Nax be a permanent add on for people to complete if they miss their chance here?

I doubt you would make them unobtainable for balance reasons, I'm just a bit uninformed on how this works

The Curse of Naxxramas Adventure Mode will be a permanent addition to the game.
  • 06/30/2014 07:28 PMPosted by Apparition
    1. Do we have any plans for a large expansion in cards?

Yes!

06/30/2014 07:28 PMPosted by Apparition
    2. Any word on 2v2 mode? Or possibility of a in-game tourney? House rules? (hint hint lol)

No word, but it's a great idea!

3. Will all of the new Legendaries be Neutral or will some be class specific? (I'm guessing neutral, as it will probably not happen for class legendaries until we can see an additional 1 leg. per class)

For Curse of Naxxramas, all of the new Legendaries will be Neutral.

4. Is the AI for Naxx going to be quite difficult?

They can be!

5. The ultimate question (crossing fingers for a response on this one lol) Do you guys/gals have anything already in development for post-naxx that we can look forward to? This can just be a simple yes/no, I know Blizz likes to keep things close to the chest ;-)

We are always trying to come up with new things, so absolutely. =)
  • 07/01/2014 04:16 AMPosted by Steelkenny
    06/28/2014 06:28 PMPosted by Mycosis
    I really, really hope that the reason Naxx is taking so long to release is because they're building an infrastructure that will facilitate more rapid release of future adventures. After all, didn't they say that Naxx was at an advanced stage months ago?

Hey Blizzard, can anyone confirm this? Reading this comment pleases me, even though I'm pretty mad that it takes so long since the announcement. Will you be able to make adventures faster after Naxxramas? Or will it just take as long if you announce a new one?

Please confirm this, I'd love you!

We are currently laying a lot of the groundwork for Adventure Modes in general and intend to be able to leverage this groundwork for future Adventure Modes. This should definitely help with future Adventure Mode rollout times.
  • 07/01/2014 07:04 AMPosted by JohnKelly
    When Nax hits, will we be able to replay the tutorial mode?

That's an interesting idea, but it is not currently planned as a part of Curse of Naxxramas.
  • 07/01/2014 07:26 AMPosted by Zab
    How long till we actually get Nax I mean I've been hearing about this for months on end... why can't you just give us a date.

I don't know. I will let you guys know when I find out.
  • 07/01/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Slipstream
    So if you guys/gals truly want to be as transparent as possible, reveal any information you have about Naxx that people have been hounding you for (the price per wing mainly)

The pricing isn't finalized yet, or else it would have been announced today.

07/01/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Slipstream
    and if anyone working on Naxx thinks it may not be out this month, you should also let us know now before the month progresses too far.

We are still targeting to release Curse of Naxxramas this month. This has not changed. If this does change, I will let everyone know as soon as I know.

07/01/2014 10:33 AMPosted by Slipstream
    That's being transparent. Being elusive and waiting a while before telling people there is going to be further delays will only cause more nerd rage.

As above, I let everyone know of the delay as soon as I knew and will do my best to continue to do so.
  • 07/01/2014 03:27 PMPosted by Chris
    Nah they said 2 or 3 days ago they will reveal Naxxramas prices today thats what I meant.
    Why give a fixxed date and then dont hold your promise? But as I said it doesnt bother me much, I just understand where the frustration from many players come from.

To be clear, what I announced was a target, which unfortunately changed.
  • 07/02/2014 03:23 AMPosted by whynot
    07/01/2014 03:53 PMPosted by Aratil

To be clear, what I announced was a target, which unfortunately changed.

What changed that caused the delay in revealing pricing?

There have been quite a few questions regarding this, so I'm going to try my best to answer it here.

Adventure Mode is a completely new thing for us; in fact, Hearthstone itself is still quite new. There are a lot of factors to consider when determining pricing and we want it to feel accessible to newer players as well as obtainable by players who do not wish to spend real money. This requires not only a lot of research on our part, but also a lot of back and forth on what could work and what won't. In fact, it took us a while to even determine that we wanted to separate the Curse of Naxxramas Adventure Mode into different wings.

With that said, when I originally announced that we were targeting to announce Naxxramas pricing details on July 1st, I did not realize that we were still going through one last round of internal review regarding the pricing details, so you can definitely blame that one on me. We're close though!
  • 07/02/2014 09:46 AMPosted by Kokotka
    Aratil!

Seeing that you are keeping up with this thread on daily basis (which is amazing), I decided to ask again in less clustered looking post!
    It actually is on the topic, about the cards. People hijacked it to talk about the delays =(

07/01/2014 09:07 AMPosted by Kokotka
    Any chance that the 'Soulbound' cards will get some indicator that they are 'Soulbound'?
    'Soulbound' is different from rarities, so let's not mix it up!

Thanks in advance!

We don't have plans for this at the moment, but it's certainly an interesting idea. I have passed it along to the design team.
  • 07/02/2014 04:08 PMPosted by SwissGuy
    Aratil!
    Since you are around I bump my post
    I'd like to ask you specifically about any plans in the near future for rewards for reaching the level cap with the different classes, because right now it's kinda unsatisfying and unmotivating...
    07/01/2014 03:52 PMPosted by SwissGuy
    A good way to implement the Naxx golden cards would be, at least for the nine class specific, to give them once these two criteria are satisfied:
    1. the player owns the regular version of the card
    2. the player has reached level 60 with that class
    That way we would have a reward for reaching level 60 with a card, right now it's just... pointless...

We definitely want to add more rewards to the game, but there isn't anything to announce at this time.