Murder at Castle Nathria Launch Day - Everything You Need To Know!
Hearthstone's newest expansion Murder at Castle Nathria launches today, August 2nd. We brought all the information and useful links together in this news post for you.
- The Murder at Castle Nathria expansion is now LIVE!
- Yet another 135 new cards have been added to the game.
- Another 35 cards will follow in a Mini-Set midway through the expansion. There's not been any official details revealed yet!
- You can view all the new cards in our Murder at Castle Nathria Card List.
- PvE content for the Murder at Castle Nathria expansion has not been announced.
Included for free in the Expansion
- Login now to receive Prince Renathal for free! Start your game with 40 cards and 40 health!
- All players opening up the first Reward in the new Free Reward Track will get two Cards for free, Sire Denathrius for Constructed and Sir Finley, Sea Guide for the Mercenaries game mode!
- All players will have access to the free Core set, a replacement for the Classic and Basic set, see the Year of the Hydra set here.
- There has been no mention so far of a chain of Event Quests to celebrate the release, like there often was, nor anything yet about any free PvE content this expansion.
- Regular and Golden copies of Murloc Holmes and Golden copies of Sire Denathrius will be eligible for a full dust refund until August 5, at 10 a.m. Pacific. (So that's 10am PT/ 1pm ET/ 19:00 CEST/ 18:00 BST).
- New Card Type: Locations - Locations are played onto the battlefield for an initial cost, and then have an ability that can be activated for free on your turns, each time for a powerful effect. Each activation costs 1 Durability and has a 1-turn Cooldown.
- New Keyword: Infuse - Cards with the Infuse keyword sit in your hand and absorb anima from your friendly minions as they die. After the specified number of friendly minions die while the Infuse card is in your hand, the Infuse card transforms into a more powerful version.
- Ten Suspects - Sire Denathrius had a lot of enemies. And it just so happens that 10 of them were under his roof at the time of his demise! Each class will have a Legendary minion that is a prime suspect in Sire Denathrius’s murder. They all have the means and the motive, but it is up to you and Murloc Holmes to determine who is guilty.
Some mechanics that were seen in previous card sets were brought back on new cards, as well as some truly new mechanics were added:
- Three different Relics that get improved every time you play one, as well as through other cards.
- Deathrattle support, but this time in Druid!
- Wildseed mechanic, which is a set of 3 minions that start dormant, and wake up at different intervals.
- Volatile Skeletons package for Mage, a Deathrattle minion that deals 2 damage randomly.
- Pure Paladin is getting support again, including a legendary.
- Priest is getting a new Thief Priest package.
- Secret Rogue recieves multiple secrets and support cards again.
- Totem Shaman rears it head for Shaman, as does an Evolve package.
- Imps, Imps everywhere, for Warlocks!
- Self-damage is back in Warrior, including a Weapon.
- You can view all the new cards in our Murder at Castle Nathria Cards List.
Each class will have a Legendary minion that is a prime suspect in Sire Denathrius’s murder. They all have the means and the motive, but it is up to you and Murloc Holmes to determine who is guilty.
On August 2, when Murder at Castle Nathria launches, all current Arena runs will end and a new Arena season will begin. The eligible card sets will rotate so that the following sets will make up the Arena card pool:
- One Night in Karazhan
- Saviors of Uldum
- Rastakahn’s Rumble
- Scholomance Academy
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
- Murder at Castle Nathria
We created a special Decks post yesterday, with a lot of new archetypes and a lot of new deck ideas. You can find the links to that Decks post below.
Alternatively, create your own deck with the Deckbuilder, add a good guide on how to pilot the deck and help create the post-launch meta!
That should get you started! Thanks for being with us throughout this exciting Murder at Castle Nathria reveal period. Shoutout to everyone who helped in one way or another during this time, the other moderators and staff and the devs and all the users who gave us useful suggestions and feedback, and to everyone who enjoyed and supported our coverage. You rock!
If you are looking for some company while opening packs or playing, come chat with us on our Discord.