The second event of a drastically revamped 2022 Hearthstone eSports season kicks off this weekend. Masters Tour: Ruins of Alterac pits 400+ players from over 40 countries against one another! They'll compete for their share of the $250,000 prize pool and take the first step toward competing in the 2022 World Championship.
This year's eSports season includes many changes. The final Grandmasters year, Masters Tour participants reaching the World Championship, and an all new Battlegrounds event should add to the excitement. You can find out what all to expect from our previous eSports article.
The player base will consist of winners from official Masters Tour qualifying events, current Hearthstone Grandmasters, and previous top finishers in Masters Tour events. Below is a breakdown of Masters Tour stop invites.
- Venue: Ruins of Alterac
- Stream: the Hearthstone Esports YouTube channel.
- Dates: March 18-20; 8:00 a.m. PDT / 4:00 p.m. CET / 12:00 a.m. KST
- Prize Pool: $250,000
- Format: 4 Decks, Best-of-5 Conquest w/ a Ban
- Casters: TJ “Azumoqt” Sanders, Darroch “Darroch” Brown, Jia “Jia” Dee, Neil “Lorinda” Bond, and Simon “Sottle” Welch
Drops Are Back!
Viewers can earn up to two Fractured in Alterac Valley cards packs for watching. After watching 2 hours you'll receive your first pack -- watch an additional 2 hours for the second. Time is cumulative, so you don't have to watch all at once. Be sure to link your YouTube and Battle.net accounts to receive your prizes -- directions can be found here.
With the changes to this year's season, eligibility for the World Championship has changed. Below is a breakdown of who will be participating this year.
Each match will be played with a 4-deck, best-of-five Conquest Format with a ban.
- Day 1: Four rounds of Swiss pairings.
- Day 2: Four additional rounds of Swiss pairings.
- Day 3: Top 16 single-elimination playoffs, where a new Masters Tour Champion will be crowned!
why 4 players are exclusively from china? xD mafia??