22.0 Known Issues - Hotfix Coming Later This Week
Blizzard just published a post on their forums regarding known issues that were introduced with the launch of today's patch 22.0. A hotfix for some of them is coming later this week. Updated: Monday - Two small bug fix Patches.
Hello all, I’m once again writing to let you know of some issues we’re tracking with this patch:
There was a short delay launching today’s patch on desktop. The issue causing that delay has been resolved and the patch is now available on all devices.
(Updated 12/1) Lady Anacondra will not lower nature spells in your hand to 0 if you play Celestial Alignment while she is already in play. Update: resolved in today’s hotfix.
Diablo appeared in some Battlegrounds lobbies even after he was supposed to be removed from the game. We believe we have now successfully banished him from the Battlegrounds.
(Resolved 12/1) A small number of players in EU servers had their Mercenaries season ended some hours early. The underlying issue was resolved to avoid this problem going forward. Affected players will be compensated at a later date. Update: The compensation for affected players has now been distributed.
(Partially Resolved 12/1) Loading into the final boss on the Level 21 Regular Felwood Mercenaries Bounty (“The Anointed Blades”) causes the game to get stuck while waiting for the fight to load and then remain stuck until the run times out and ends automatically. Update: In today’s hotfix, the team replaced an Ability that was causing most of the issues. There is an underlying issue that the team is still investigating, but we believe that replacing the Ability should prevent most crashes and players should no longer be locked out when met with this issue.
(Added 11/30) We are aware of an issue that sometimes caused a Vanessa VanCleef Card or Portrait to appear in Mercenaries Packs. Vanessa VanCleef is currently intended to not appear in packs for at least the length of the Fractured in Alterac Valley expansion (the base Card is in the Rewards Track and the Portraits can be obtained with the Tavern Pass). This is a visual issue only—you are actually receiving Vanessa VanCleef Coins.
(Resolved 12/1) One of the new Duels Passive Treasures, Glacial Downpour, is not working as intended. A fix has been entered for a hotfix planned for later this week. Update: resolved in today’s hotfix.
(Added 12/1) We are aware that the new rank displays tied to the Honor system and event block Duels and Arena win-loss records while in-game. The team has a solution that allows those records to be displayed alongside the Honor system displays. That solution is planned to go out in a hotfix later this week.
We are investigating reports that the Rogue portrait is being a little too Roguish and missing from some players’ “Hero picker” screens.
(Added 11/30) We are aware that in instances where you are awarded Fractured in Alterac Valley Packs, like at the end of a ranked season or Arena run, you can see a “Temp” art afterglow coming from the pack. The fix for this is expected in the next major patch (22.2).
(Added 11/30) There was an issue where people purchasing the Fractured in Alterac Valley Battlegrounds Perks were then blocked from purchasing the pre-purchase mega bundle (which includes the Battlegrounds Perks). We will be temporarily removing the Fractured in Alterac Valley Battlegrounds Perks from the store until the expansion goes live.
(Resolved 12/1) We are aware that some aspects of the “Honor” event went live with the Patch, instead of with the expansion as intended. The team is looking into the issue and exploring options about how to respond. Edit: Update on the Honor event. With today’s hotfix, the event will go live in full. (Battle For Alterac Valley Starting Early
12/1 Update: We are in the process of rolling out a hotfix that includes the following updates:
- Begins the Battle for Alterac Valley Event!
- Adds Goblins versus Gnomes to Duels card buckets
- Fixes the Lady Anacondra/Celestial Alignment bug
- Fixes the Glacial Downpour bug
- Includes a mitigation for the Mercenaries Anointed Blades disconnect bug
The team is continuing to investigate and work on the other issues mentioned in this post.
12/6 Update: We are in the process of rolling out a client hotfix (meaning a new download for your device) that includes the following updates:
- Updates the win/loss Arena and Duels U.I. so that players can again see their records during the Battle for Alterac Valley Honor event.
- Removes the “Temp” image echo in claiming Alterac Valley packs; also adjusts particles behind the packs on the ranked rewards screen.
- Adds a temporary solution to a bug that sometimes caused crashes when Zephrys was played. The temporary solution involves turning off some of Zephrys’s animations. We will continue to explore more permanent solutions and turn the animations back on once it is safe.
This hotfix is rolling out similar to a patch release cadence (we just released on PC, mobile is planned for approximately 1 p.m. Pacific).
For Google Play users who are having trouble seeing the hotfix, we have a suggested workaround: go to Google Play → open your profile icon in the top right → open “Manage apps & device” → select “Updates available” → select “Update All.”
Separately, we are also working on a server hotfix (no new download), with the target of releasing it later today; more details to come once it is ready.
12/6 Update 2: We are in the process of rolling out the server-side hotfix mentioned above. It includes the following updates:
- Fixes bugs with Southsea Captain, Murloc Warleader, Scabbs Cutterbutter, and Ysiel Windsinger priority levels. Specifically, Southsea Captain and Murloc Warleader will now properly still apply their buffs after a card like Wave of Apathy reduces the attacks of your minions. Scabbs Cutterbutter will now combine with Tenwu of the Red Smoke to make the bounced minion cost (0). Ysiel Windsinger will now override cards like Celestial Ink Set.
- Fixes a bug causing Dr. Boom, Mad Genius to crash the game for both players.
- Speeds up Cheaty Snobold’s animation speeds for launch.
- Fixes a bug that showed some Mercenaries as having available tasks beyond Task 18.