New Progression & Reward System - Everything Blizzard Shared - Live Today!
Blizzard announced a new Progression system that is going live today and it is LIVE right now. Read everything they shared about it below!
The first reward in the new Reward Track is automatically unlocked and gives you a FREE Madness at the Darkmoon Faire LEGENDARY!
- Quests and playing games and a select few Achievements now rewards Experience (XP) instead of Gold.
- This XP will progress you on a Free Reward Track that will reward you with Gold, Packs, Cards, Tickets for Arena or Duels.
- The Free Reward Track is 50 levels, and each level you progress beyond that gives 150 Gold.
- You will not lose your Gold! Blizzard has also stated time and again that this new system should get you more rewards and more gold than in the previous Reward system.
- Next to the Free Reward there is a Paid Reward Track, using the same XP and progressing at the same time, which gives a 10% XP boost from the start, as well as many cosmetic rewards and a further XP boost as you progress.
- This Paid Reward track can be unlocked at any point during the expansion with the "Tavern Pass" and will give you all the rewards earned up to that point. It costs $20/20 Euro.
- The Tavern Pass is not available for Gold.
- Battlegrounds Perks is the new name for the older incarnation of the Tavern Pass and is it's own thing strictly focused on Battlegrounds.
- Battleground Perks will still grant more Heroes to choose from at the start of a game and advanced stats, visual emotes, and early access to new Heroes.
- Battleground Perks can now be bought for 2000 Gold or $15/15 Euro and it is included in the Darkmoon Faire Pre-Order Mega Bundle.
Quote from Blizzard
You’ll be able to access each of these pages by clicking on a new Journal icon that will replace the Quest Log on the main menu. The Progression & Rewards revamp detailed here will go live on November 12!
The new Achievements system tracks a diverse set of stats and in-game accomplishments, and there are a ton of them! There are achievements related to each class, your collection, ranked milestones, adventure content, Tavern Brawls, new modes such as Duels and Battlegrounds, and gameplay achievements that are tracked from match to match! In addition, you’ll be able to see exactly how many cards you have from each expansion in one place. New achievements will be added with every expansion, future game mode, and major update.
Here are just a few examples of Achievements you can expect to see:
- Encounter another player with the Mark of Hakkar card back.
- Finish in 1st place as Ragnaros the Firelord in Battlegrounds.
- Collect all Scholomance Academy Demon Hunter cards.
- Summon 1000 Murlocs.
- Win a game without summoning more than 1 minion.
Reward Track & Tavern Pass
The Reward Track is a map of rewards that can be earned during an expansion by gaining experience (XP) from completing Quests, completing select achievements, and playing the game in any mode. When a new expansion launches, all players will get a new Reward Track for that expansion. Complete all 50 levels on the Reward Track and you’ll get to choose from one of 10 all-new Hero Skins! Along the way, you’ll unlock a bevy of loot, including card packs from sets in Standard, Tavern Tickets that grant access to either Arena or Duels, the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Card Back, an Epic card, two Legendary cards, and a ton of gold! You’ll receive 150 gold for every level you climb beyond level 50.
The Reward Track includes a free track for all players, and a paid track that can be unlocked by purchasing the Tavern Pass. Purchasing the Tavern Pass at any point during the expansion will immediately grant the Golden Silas Darkmoon Legendary card, a 10% XP Boost that lasts for the duration of the expansion, and all items up to your current level on the free track. As you progress with the Tavern Pass during the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion you’ll earn additional XP Boost, the Annhylde Alternate Warrior Hero and Card Back, three Jaina Hero Skins, three Thrall Hero Skins, and one of Hearthstone’s first-ever collectible Cosmetic Coins!
Battlegrounds Perks will now be available as a standalone purchase, separate from the Tavern Pass.
Cosmetic Coins will have their own tab in the Collection Manager where you can set them as your favorite to use during games, much like Hero Skins and Card Backs. There are two Cosmetic Coins available in Madness at the Darkmoon Faire obtainable by the following means:
- Completing all 50 levels of the Reward Track with the Tavern Pass.
- Collecting 135 unique Madness at the Darkmoon Faire cards.
Collecting all 135 cards from the expansion may seem like a lot, but once the Darkmoon Faire Mini-Set launches in a few months, there will be 170 cards in the set, so getting that coin will become a lot easier! You can learn more about the Mini-Set and the rest of what you can expect from Year of the Phoenix Phase 3 in our Madness at the Darkmoon Faire announcement blog here.
Daily, Weekly, and Legendary Quest
The Quest system is also seeing a revamp, with Quests now awarding XP on the Reward Track. We’ve also added Weekly Quests! At the start of every week (Monday at 12:00 a.m. PT), you’ll be given 3 new Weekly Quests to complete, which are a little more difficult than your average Daily Quest. Like Daily Quests, you can reroll 1 Weekly Quest per day. While they now award XP, Daily Quests are functionally the same. We’re also pleased to share that Legendary Quests will no longer override your Daily Quests! Legendary Quests are a series of special event quest that cannot be rerolled.
XP values displayed in Quests above are not final. Please note that when the Progression revamp goes live, all Quests (with the exception of Starter, Returning Player, and Duels Legendary Quests) will reset, so be sure to complete any old Quest you have in your log by November 11!
We’ve reworked the in-game profile page as well. The profile page is a space we intend to expand on in the future as new content, features, and game modes come to Hearthstone. The page will display lifetime stats for your account, including:
- Current rank in both constructed Standard and Wild
- Current Battlegrounds Rating
- Current Duels Rating
- Total number of wins in Arena
- Class levels and number of wins per class
- Next card reward for classes under Level 60
- Progress towards Golden Portrait for classes at Level 60
Quote from Blizzard
Progression & Rewards Revamp
The 19.0 patch adds an entirely new progression system to the Tavern! In what is Hearthstone’s biggest systems update ever, the progression revamp includes four major parts:
- The addition of an Achievements System that tracks your in-game accomplishments.
- A central Rewards Track for all earnable rewards outside of Ranked play.
- A Quest Revamp that supports daily and weekly quests.
- An updated Profile Page with player info, ranks, and stats.
You’ll be able to access each of these pages by clicking on a new Journal icon that will replace the Quest Log on the main menu. You can read the full breakdown for each part of the progression revamp here. We’ve got a few additional details to share on the progression update today:
- Quests – Quests can be completed in Casual, Ranked, Arena, and Duels. Certain quests may also point you to Battlegrounds or Tavern Brawls. Quests can also be completed in the Friendly Challenge variants of any of these modes.
- Achievements – Achievements are broken up into categories and subcategories. As you’d expect, the Game Modes and Adventures categories can only be completed within their specified modes. The more general Progression and Gameplay categories can be completed in Ranked, Arena, and Duels modes.
- Dev comment: There is a known issue that sometimes causes Collection Achievements to appear to have incorrect progress—this will be fixed in an upcoming patch. When that happens, Collection Achievements will update to the correct progress, but no Achievements will be taken away.
- Reward XP – You can earn XP just for playing the game in most game modes. This includes Casual, Ranked, Arena, Duels, Battlegrounds, Tavern Brawls, and Adventures. Friendly Challenge variants of these modes do not give XP.
We’re investigating an issue which may impact minimum spec mobile devices (those with fewer than 2GB of memory) on this patch which may result in degraded performance. This behavior may be triggered by accessing the new in-game Journal. We’re advising players to exit and relaunch Hearthstone if they encounter these issues.
The Rewards Track includes a free track for all players, and a paid track that can be unlocked with the Tavern Pass, which will be available for purchase for $19.99. Purchasing the Tavern Pass at any point during the expansion will immediately grant the Golden Silas Darkmoon Legendary minion, a 10% XP Boost that lasts for the duration of the expansion, and all items up to your current level on the paid track. You’ll earn an additional XP Boost as you progress with the Tavern Pass during the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion, in addition to the Annhylde Alternate Warrior Hero and Card Back, three Jaina Hero Skins, three Thrall Hero Skins, and one of Hearthstone’s first-ever collectible Cosmetic Coins!
Battlegrounds Perks will be available as a standalone purchase on November 17, separate from the Tavern Pass, for $14.99 or 2000 gold. Battlegrounds Perks will allow you to pick from 4 Heroes at the start of a Battlegrounds match and grants advanced stats, visual emotes, and early access to new Heroes! Battlegrounds Perks are also included in the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Mega Bundle.