18.6 Patch Notes - Battlegrounds Updates - New Game Mode: Duels! - Pre-purchase
Here are the nitty gritty details for the Patch 18.6, including a new Battlegrounds Hero: Zephrys, the Great. Read all about him and everything else below!
Quote from Blizzard
The 18.6 Patch brings the introduction of a new game mode: Hearthstone Duels, pre-purchase for Hearthstone’s newest expansion Madness at the Darkmoon Faire, Battlegrounds updates, game improvements, and more!
Duels Early Access, Live Today
We’re pleased to announce Hearthstone Duels, a new collection-based game mode that mixes Dungeon Run fun with the excitement of head-to-head competition! Pre-purchase either Madness at the Darkmoon Faire bundle to instantly get early access to Duels along with a special Legendary Quest chain that rewards 6 Scholomance Academy Packs! Pre-purchase for Madness at the Darkmoon Faire will go live with the 18.6 patch at ~10:00 a.m. PT on 10/22. Read the Duels announcement blog to learn more.
The Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Mega Bundle includes Duels: Early Access*, 80 Madness at the Darkmoon Faire card packs, 5 Golden Madness at the Darkmoon Faire packs, one random Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Golden Legendary card, the N’Zoth Warlock Hero, the N’Zoth card back, and Battlegrounds perks**!
The Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Bundle includes Duels: Early Access*, 45 Madness as the Darkmoon Faire card packs, one random Madness at the Darkmoon Faire Legendary card, and the N’Zoth card back!
*Early access obtained through pre-purchase is available between October 22, 2020 and November 11, 2020. Duels game mode is accessible after reaching level 10 with all Hero classes in-game. **Battlegrounds Perks are available upon purchase and expire at the end of the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion cycle.
Zephrys, The Great
- Three Wishes [Cost 4]
- If you have two copies of a minion, find the third. (3 wishes left)
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to Zephrys, The Great before the Hero is formally released on November 5.
Battlegrounds Parties Adjustments
We’re making small adjustments to Battlegrounds Parties during matchmaking and in post-game rating updates to address the potential advantages that come with queueing as a group.
- Post-game rating updates will no longer include results between players within the same group. When you queue Battlegrounds with a group now, your rating gains are only based on your results against players outside of your group.
- You'll now be matched based on the highest player rating in your group, rather than the group's rating average. End of game rating updates will take this rating disparity into account.
- We’ve disabled 2-4 player Battlegrounds Parties for players above 10,000 rating.
Standard Balance Updates
- Old: [Cost 1] → New: [Cost 2]
- Old: Solarian Prime [Cost 7] → New: Solarian Prime [Cost 9]
Evocation and Astromancer Solarian will be eligible for a full dust refund for 2 weeks after the 18.6 patch goes live.
Log in for Silas Darkmoon for Free
Meet Silas Darkmoon, the Darkmoon Faire’s founder and lead showman. Log into Hearthstone after the 18.6 patch goes live to receive the Silas Darkmoon Legendary minion for free, available to play immediately! Round and round they go, where they’ll stop, nobody knows! Limit one per account.
Game Improvements & Miscellaneous Updates
- Hovering over the opponent's deck slot in Battlegrounds will now display what minion types are missing from the pool.
- Packs earned from climbing in Ranked Standard and Wild during November will be from the Madness at the Darkmoon Faire expansion.
- The Transfer Student login reward will now be granted if you own a pack from Scholomance Academy and go to the Open Packs menu.
Arena Rotation Coming
When Madness at the Darkmoon Faire launches on November 17, the Arena will include cards from the following sets:
- Madness at the Darkmoon Faire
- Scholomance Academy
- Demon Hunter Initiate
- Ashes of Outland
- Galakrond's Awakening
- Whispers of the Old Gods