Patch 17.6 - Battlegrounds, Nerfs, Pre-Order, New Weapon Frames & Game Improvements
Blizzard has just announced patch notes for Patch 17.6, which should be focusing on Battlegrounds, Nerfs, Pre-Order, New Weapon Frames & Game Improvements.
There are some parts that weren't included in patch notes, so here they are
- Pre-order is available in the in-game shop.
- Naxxramas CardBack from the July 2014 season is also available in the in-game shop for $2.99/€.
- Kel'Tuzad and CardBack are available as an alternative Hero skin for mage after you purchase the Scholomance Academy Mega Bundle.
- Scholomance is a new CardBack that is available for you after winning 5 games in ranked mode, August 2020 (on the right).
Quote from Blizzard
Today’s 17.6 patch brings pre-purchase for Hearthstone’s newest expansion, Scholomance Academy! With it comes a handful of Battlegrounds updates, balance changes, and game improvements.
Battlegrounds Hero Pool Updates
- Bob’s Burgles [Cost 1]
- Refresh Bob’s Tavern with minions from your last opponent’s warband.
Players with Battlegrounds Perks will have early access to Tess Greymane before the hero is formally released on July 28.
- Bananarama [Cost 1]
- Get 2 Bananas. At the end of your turn, give everyone else one.Dinotamer Brann
- Battle Brand [Cost 1]
- Refresh Bob’s Tavern with Battlecry minions.
- Demon Hunter Training [Passive]
- Old: After you Refresh 7 times, Bob always has 7 minions. → New: After you Refresh 5 times, Bob always has 7 minions.Captain Hooktusk
- Trash for Treasure [Cost 0]
- Old: Remove a friendly minion. Discover one from a Tavern Tier lower. → New: Remove a friendly minion. Get a random one from a Tavern Tier lower.
Battlegrounds Minion Pool Updates
- Pirates are no longer guaranteed to appear in every Battlegrounds game.
- [Tier 6, All] 6 Attack, 6 Health
- Battlecry: For each different minion type you have, Adapt randomly.
- Goldrinn, the Great Wolf
- Old: [Tier 5] → New: [Tier 6]
Craftable cards listed below will be eligible for a full dust refund for two weeks after the 17.6 patch goes live.
- Old: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (0). → New: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, add 2 other random Dragons to your hand. They cost (1).Corsair Cache
- Old: Draw a weapon. Give it +1/+1. → New: Draw a weapon. Give it +1 Durability.
- Old: Swap your Hero Power to "Deal 5 damage." After 2 uses, swap it back. → New: Swap your Hero Power to "Deal 4 damage." After 2 uses, swap it back.
- Old: 3 Attack, 5 Health → New: 3 Attack, 4 Health.
- Old: [Cost 5] → New: [Cost 6].
- Old: [Cost 6] → New: [Cost 7].
- Old: [Cost 2] → New: [Cost 3].Galakrond, the Nightmare
Galakrond, the Apocalypse (Rogue)
- Old: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 1 card. It costs (1).
Galakrond, Azeroth's End (Rogue)
- Old: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 2 cards. They cost (1).
- Old: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. It costs (0). → New: Battlecry: Draw 4 cards. They cost (1).
Game Improvements & Bug Fixes
- When random card back is selected, you will now see a randomized card back every time you open a pack and every time you open the Crafting menu.
- The UI has been updated with an icon on the top right that will indicate when you’re offline.
Pre-Purchase Scholomance Academy
Pre-purchase one or both Scholomance Academy bundles, available in-game and on the Battle.net web shop!
Scholomance Academy Mega Bundle
The Mega Bundle includes 85 Scholomance Academy card packs and, for the first time ever, 5 of those will be Golden Scholomance Academy packs—each filled with Golden cards! The Mega Bundle also includes one random Scholomance Academy Golden Legendary card, the Kel’Thuzad Mage Hero, the Kel'Thuzad card back, and a Tavern Pass, which includes 4 Arena tickets.
Scholomance Academy Bundle
The Scholomance Academy Bundle includes 55 Scholomance Academy card packs, the Kel’thuzad card back, and a random Scholomance Academy Golden Legendary card.
Log in and Get Transfer Student for Free
With today’s 17.6 patch all players can log in to receive two copies of the Epic Neutral minion, Transfer Student, for free!* Transfer Student has different effects based on which game board it’s played on, with 25 different effects in total, and can be slotted into your decks immediately!
*Limit two per account. Must log in by October 20 to claim.
Scholomance Academy Coming to Arena
When Scholomance Academy launches, the Arena will include cards from the following sets:
- Scholomance Academy
- Demon Hunter Initiate
- Ashes of Outland
- Galakrond's Awakening
- Descent of Dragons
- Saviors of Uldum
- Rise of Shadows
Weapon Frames Update – Coming July 30
With the introduction of Dual-Class cards, we went back and applied a class-specific frame to every weapon in Hearthstone. Class-specific weapon frames will appear in-game starting July 30.