Week 6 of the 2020 Grandmasters starts tomorrow. 48 players will compete -- including 7 brand new Grandmasters for a total of eight weeks. Prizing for the Season includes $500,000 and of course the right to compete at this year's Hearthstone World Championship. We're into the third week of Round Robin matches after previously completing three weeks of Swiss. This portion of the tournament will last a total of four weeks with each player meeting all other competitors once.
Points totals from the first three weeks were used to split the field into two Divisions per region. The bottom two players in Division B will face automatic relegation. The next two lowest finishers from Division B and the bottom two finishers from Division A will compete in a 4-man Relegation bracket to determine the third contestant to be relegated at the end of the Season.
Featured Match-ups This Week
We've chosen one must watch match-up from each region this week. While the weekend is sure to be packed with action, these are the matches you'll definitely want to make time for!
bloodyface vs. Empanizado - Friday - 2:00pm PDT
The opening matchup for the Americas region sees the undefeated bloodyface try to remain unbeaten against Empanizado. Bloodyface is the former winner of Season 2 of Grandmasters 2019 and a top 4 finisher at HCT Winter 2018. Empanizado won Stage 1 earlier this season and had three 1st place finishes in Masters qualifying events in 2019.
Jarla vs. SilverName - Saturday - 11:00am PDT
First and Last place square off Saturday for Group A in Europe. Jarla looks to become the first European to reach 4 wins. He previously has many top 4 finishes in major events and was a member of the 1st place 2017 Global Games team. SilverName has top finishes in many qualifying events and placed 2nd in Stage 1 earlier this season.
cheonsu vs. kin0531 - Saturday - 7:00am PDT
Che0nsu and kin0531 battle on Saturday -- both trying to notch their first Round Robin win and claw their way back into the competition. Che0nsu was the runner up for Season 2 of the 2019 Grandmasters. He still looks to notch a career defining signature win. A newcomer to Grandmasters, kin0531 had top 4 finishes in Stages 2 and 3 earlier this Season.
Weeks 1-3: Swiss/Group Stages
- Each Region will compete in 7 rounds of Swiss off stream earlier in the week.
- The Top 8 finishers from each Region will play in a dual tournament format Friday-Saturday, with the Top-4 being played Sunday.
- Format changes each week:
- Wk. 1: Conquest w/ 1 Ban
- Wk. 2: Four Deck Last Hero Standing w/ 1 Ban
- Wk. 3: Ten Deck Conquest w/ 6 Bans
Week 4-7: Round Robin
- After the first three weeks, players will be split into two divisions per Region based on point accumulations. Division A will consist of the Top 8, while Division B will consist of 9-16.
- The two divisions will compete in Round Robin style play over the four weeks. Standings from this four week period will determine playoff participants.
- Format for the Round Robin will be Five Deck Conquest w/ 1 Ban.
Week 8: Season One Playoffs
- Top 6 from Division A automatically advance to the Playoff portion.
- Top 4 from Division B compete in a "play-in" Round with the winners joining the Division A winners.
- The bottom 3 players from each Region will be relegated from Grandmasters.
- The winner of each Region's Playoff advances to the World Championship.
|Americas - Division A|
|Americas - Division B|
|Europe - Division A|
|Europe - Division B|
|Asia-Pacific - Division A|
|Asia Pacific - Division B|