Descent of Dragons Meta Decks - Late February



Descent of Dragons Meta Decks - Late February

Not much has changed over the past 2 weeks, just refining of certain decks and getting used to certain match ups. Shaman and Mage still in a tough spot on ladder, Hunter and Druid still thriving with multiple decks.

Here's what we have this week:

Hunters. Hunters Everywhere.

It's a Hunter Meta, but the issue is that it's not 1 particular card or 1 particular archetype that's good. Hunter is just really strong across the board, with mutliple strong decks, so no one is really sure what to do about it's dominance, beyond hoping it doesn't carry over to the next expansion, like it did with Shaman.

Dragon Hunter 93% win rate
Export to BBCode Export to Cockatrice Export to MarkDown Export to Html Clone this deck
Minion (22) Ability (6) Weapon (2)
Loading Collection

Vipers Highlander hunter
Export to BBCode Export to Cockatrice Export to MarkDown Export to Html Clone this deck
Minion (24) Ability (4) Weapon (2)
Loading Collection

RANK 10-5 : FACE HUNTER
Export to BBCode Export to Cockatrice Export to MarkDown Export to Html Clone this deck
Minion (12) Ability (16) Weapon (2)
Loading Collection


What is Nature's Call?

Despite IskarHS's statements last week that Embiggen druid was average in the top 1%, it continues to be played a lot and continues to rack up wins in the rest of the 99% of ladder. And it's not even the best Druid deck, at any ranking, because Token Druid still has it beat. Not everyone likes aggro however.

Treants on Steroids(Rank 5 easy climb)
Export to BBCode Export to Cockatrice Export to MarkDown Export to Html Clone this deck
Minion (14) Ability (16)
Loading Collection

Legend New Embiggen Druid (Detailed Guide)
Export to BBCode Export to Cockatrice Export to MarkDown Export to Html Clone this deck
Minion (21) Ability (9)
Loading Collection


Put Your Faith in the Mechs

Not everyone liking aggro is probably also the reason that Mech Paladin doesn't quite get the credit it deserves for being among the strongest decks in the meta. There's still a sizeable portion of the player base that will swear up and down that Paladin is no good in the current meta, simply because they refuse to play aggro.

(We listed a budget option here, but the guide mentions to replace Hot Air Balloons with Zilliax and Snip-Snap if you have them.)

Budget Aggro Mechadin
Export to BBCode Export to Cockatrice Export to MarkDown Export to Html Clone this deck
Minion (20) Ability (8) Weapon (2)
Loading Collection


For the Birds

Without much fanfare, Priest switched it's main Rez priest archetype from Quest, to Albatross and has basically not skipped a beat, despite quite some turn over in the Meta.

Albatross Priest
Export to BBCode Export to Cockatrice Export to MarkDown Export to Html Clone this deck
Minion (13) Ability (16) Playable Hero (1)
Loading Collection

22

Comments

  • To post a comment, please login or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Reply
Clear All Quotes