Descent of Dragons Launch Day - Everything You Need To Know!
Hearthstone's newest expansion launches today, December 10th. We brought all the information and useful links together in this news post for you.
- The Expansion is LIVE. Enjoy your pack openings everyone!
- Yet another 140 new cards have been added to the game.
- You can view all the new cards in our Descent of Dragons Card List & Guide.
- The new Solo Adventure "Galakrond's Awakening" will be available in January with 35 brand new cards! There's no specific release date revealed yet.
Included for free in the Expansion
- All players logging in within the first 90 days of release will receive all 5 Galakrond Hero cards.
- To go with the Galakrond cards you also get 2x free Shield of Galakrond
- If you visit the in-game shop after the expansion goes live, you will receive a free Tyrande hero skin. You don't have to buy anything!
- Sathrovarr, a neutral Legendary, was given to all players on Nov. 5th. BlizzCon attendees and Virtual Ticket holders received a golden version.
- There is a chain of Event Quests to celebrate the release: 1 new quest every day, for 6 days with a total of 5 Descent of Dragons packs, 2 SoU packs, 2 RoS packs and on the last day 200 gold!
Launch Day Goals
- Login to get your free Event Quest and your first Daily Quest mentioned above.
- Craft any golden Legendaries you really want. This is important due to the no duplicate legendaries rule.
- Open up your packs! You get a guaranteed Legendary within your first 10 packs.
- Share your awesome decks with everyone on HearthPwn via our Deckbuilder. Remember, including a good guide means more upvotes!
- Galakrond - A new hero card for each of the 5 E.V.I.L. classes. Warrior, Warlock, Shaman, Rogue, and Priest will each receive a card.
- New Keyword: Invoke - Cards with this keyword will cause Galakrond to evolve to his more powerful second and third forms. Each Invoke card you play will also trigger Galakrond's upgraded Hero Power effect.
- Sidequests - Like Quests from previous expansions, Sidequests offer rewards for completing tasks. They're available to Mage, Hunter, Druid, and Paladin and are easier to complete than their predecessors. They do not start in your hand!
- Dragon Breaths - Powerful spells that give a bonus if you're holding a Dragon.
- Explorers - Each non-E.V.I.L. class will be given an Explorer card. They have a class-themed effect and all have Battlecry: Discover a Dragon.
- Draconic Lackey is a new addition to the existing Lackey pool.
- You can find all the new cards in our Card List & Guide to Descent of Dragons
Highlander and No Neutral
Highlander decks saw their archetype get 1 card added, but it was an important one. We also saw a brand new mechanic in Paladin: No Neutral Cards archetype.
The Arena rotation is changing again.
- The new rotation of card sets will include cards from Basic, Classic, Blackrock Mountain, The Grand Tournament, One Night in Karazhan, Knights of the Frozen Throne, Rastakhan's Rumble, and of course the new Descent of Dragons cards.
- Arena tip: With the rotation changes, all the unfinished Arena runs will be retired and you will get a free arena run with the new rotation in its place. Free stuff! (You may need to relog for it to activate though)
Gathered here for you are some of the most popular theorycrafted decks we could find, from your favorite content creators and deck makers. You can also check out the most popular community decks we posted about yesterday.
Alternatively, create your own deck with the Deckbuilder, add a good guide on how to pilot the deck and help create the post-launch meta!
|Minion (19)||Ability (11)|
|Minion (21)||Ability (9)|
|Minion (16)||Ability (14)|
||Weapon (5)||Playable Hero (1)|
More decks will be added here as we find them!
- J.Alexander's Midrange Dragon Rogue
- DoD Treant Druid
- DoD Aggro Sidequest Hunter
- DoD Highlander Dragon Mage
- DoD Sidequest Mech Paladin
- DoD Galakrond Priest
- DoD Galakrond Rogue
- DoD Quest Galakrond Shaman
- DoD Zoo Galakrond Warlock
- DoD Aggro Galakrond Warrior
That should get you started! Thanks for being with us throughout this exciting Descent of Dragons reveal period. Shoutout to everyone who helped in one way or another during this time, the other moderators and staff and the devs and all the users who gave us useful suggestions and feedback, and to everyone who enjoyed and supported our coverage. You rock!
If you are looking for some company while opening packs or playing, come chat with us on our Discord.
Descent of Dragons Card List & Guide
Learn more and see all the cards in our dedicated expansion guide.