Hearthstone Global Games Returns!
Blizzard announced the return of the Global Games, with a slightly altered format. No longer teams of 4, they are now teams of 2 that will compete online over four weekends with the Shield-Phase best-of-five Conquest format.
The Tournament will begin the 15th of November and run through to the Championship Sunday on December 22nd, just before the Holidays.
Check out all the details below:
Quote from Blizzard
That’s right, Global Games are back for the off-season. Join us in celebrating regional pride and showcasing the best Hearthstone talent from 32 regions from around the globe!
This time around, teams of two will compete online over four weekends through a gamut of Dual Tournament groups with the Shield-Phase best-of-five Conquest format for $75,000 in prizing!
The highest prize earner from each country/region in the 2019 Masters Tour will be first in line for an invite to compete. The second player on each team will be invited directly by Blizzard, based on criteria including lifetime earnings and contributions to the Hearthstone Community.
Americas Europe Asia-Pacific United States Russia China Brazil France South Korea Canada Germany Chinese Taipei Mexico Italy Japan Argentina Ukraine Hong Kong Poland Australia United Kingdom Singapore Spain New Zealand Greece Philippines Sweden Thailand Netherlands Belgium Norway Czech Republic Denmark Romania Turkey
- Week 1: Ro32 - 4 Dual Tournament Groups (16 teams)
- Week 2: Ro32 - 4 Dual Tournament Groups (remaining 16 teams)
- Week 3: Ro16 - 4 Dual Tournament Groups
- Week 4: Top 8 - 2 Dual Tournament Groups into Top 4 Single elimination
Prize Pool - $75,000 USD
- 1st -$20,000
- 2nd - $10,000
- 3rd-4th - $7,500
- 5th-8th - $3,000
- 9th-16th - $1,000
- 17th-32nd - $625
- Week 1: 11/15-11/17 – 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST
- Week 2: 11/22-11/24 – 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST
- Week 3: 11/29-12/1 – 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST
- Week 4: 12/20-12/21 – 5:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST
- Championship Sunday: 12/22 – 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. PST