Season 2 of the Hearthstone Grandmasters gets underway tomorrow with a newly revamped format. 48 players from three regions will battle it out over an 8-week period. The top player from each region will advance to Blizzcon for their chance to become the 2019 Hearthstone World Champion! With the release of Saviors of Uldum and the newly introduced Conquest format instead of the maligned Specialist format, things are sure to be mixed up this season! Read below for all you need to know for the upcoming season.
Season 2 Schedule
The second season spans from August 23 to October 13. Matches will be broadcast every Friday-Sunday on the PlayHearthstone Twitch channels (see list at the end of this post). It concludes with a playoff the final weekend where the top 4 players from each region square off to crown the winners. Start times are the same for each day and are listed below for each region.
|Asia-Pacific||5:00 AM||8:00 AM||12:00 PM||2:00 PM|
|Europe||10:00 AM||1:00 PM||5:00 PM||7:00 PM|
|Americas||2:00 PM||5:00 PM||9:00 PM||11:00 PM|
New Conquest Format - Featuring a "Shield Phase"
- Each player will bring 4 decks, from 4 unique classes.
- Players get to select one of their decks to be "Shielded", which cannot be banned by their opponent.
- Both players then ban one of the remaining 3 decks, which is not permitted in the match.
- Each player then picks a deck and the match begins.
- Winning decks cannot be played again.
- Early rounds are best of three, so the first player with 2 wins takes the match.
- Semifinals and Finals are best of five.
Read more in our article from July 30th.
Where to watch the Grandmasters:
Good luck to all the players taking part! Leave a comment below with who you think will win and have a spot at Blizzcon!