Saviors of Uldum Launches Today! Here's Everything You Need to Know + Theorycrafted Decks
Hearthstone's newest expansion launches today, August 6th. We brought all the information and useful links together in this news post for you.
- Expansion is LIVE. Good luck everyone with your pack openings and have fun!
- Yet another 135 new cards have been added to the game.
- You can view all the new cards in our Saviors of Uldum Card List & Guide.
- The new Solo Adventure "Tombs of Terror!" will be available in September with no date confirmed.
- There will be a set of action-packed Tavern Brawls leading up to this Adventure.
Included for free in the Expansion
- One random Legendary Quest on login within the first 90 days of the expansion.
- Access to the new "Tombs of Terror!" adventure, delivered in September.
- One Event Quest that rewards 3 Saviors of Uldum packs for playing 100 cards.
Launch Day Goals
- Login to get your free Legendary Quest and your first Daily Quest mentioned above.
- Craft any golden Legendaries you really want. This is important due to the no duplicate legendaries rule.
- Open up your packs! You get a guaranteed Legendary within your first 10 packs.
- Share your awesome decks with everyone on HearthPwn via our Deckbuilder. Remember, including a good guide means more upvotes!
We have two new mechanics in Saviors of Uldum, the return of Quest cards, as well as an addition to the existing Lackey mechanic.
- Reborn - Minions with the Reborn Keyword will return to life the first time they’re destroyed, but with 1 remaining Health. See all the new Reborn cards!
- Plagues - Plagues are powerful spells that help clear the board in some way. See all the new Plague cards!
- Quests - Quest cards make a return. They are still 1 mana cards that will always be part of your opening hand, but they are now easier to complete and have a Hero Power reward that will change your game play in some cool way. See all the new Quest cards!
- Lackeys - A new Lackey is being added to the pool: Titanic Lackey. This one gives a friendly minion +2 Health and Taunt. Lackeys are special token minions which are randomly generated through other particular cards. They are 1/1 minions with "devious" battlecries. See all the new Lackey cards!
Not just the Quest card mechanic saw a return but Blizzard also created new cards for the Highlander style decks, where you can have only 1 copy of each card in your deck to make certain cards activate.
The most interesting of these new Highlander cards is Zephrys the Great a card that when played will look at the state of the board, the amount of mana you have this turn and next turn and how many cards you have (but does NOT look at your hand) and then gives you a choice out of 3 cards tailored specifically to your situation from ANY of the Basic and Classic card sets, including other classes.
This means that if you play Zephrys while the opponent has a big board and you have 4 mana left it might give you Consecration as an option, but with 5 mana left it might give you the option of Holy Nova, and with 6 mana left it might give you the option of Blizzard. It might in those same situations also give you a taunt minion of varying cost as an option. Or something to deal with the situation on your next turn.
And it's not just a defensive tool. If you play it while you have board control with several minions, it might give you the option of Savage Roar or Bloodlust, providing you with the means to finish your opponent. Like the card says it will give you the perfect card!
The Arena rotation is changing again.
- The new rotation of card sets will include cards from Basic, Classic, League of Explorers, Journey to Un'goro, Kobolds and Catacombs, Rastakhan's Rumble, and of course the new Saviors of Uldum cards.
- Arena tip: With the rotation changes, all the unfinished Arena runs will be retired and you will get a free arena run with the new rotation in its place. Free stuff! (You may need to relog for it to activate though)
Theorycrafted Community Decks
We scoured the internet for theorycrafted community decks and here's what we rounded up:
- A selection of decks by the pros, one for each class.
- All of Kripparrian's theorycrafted decks.
- A selection of popular Standard decks from your fellow users.
- Some WILD decks from your fellow users.
- If that's not enough you can find a lot more pro decks in our Decklists for Day 1 news post from yesterday or our Theorycrafting Livestream news post from before the week-end.
- Alternatively, create your own deck with the Deckbuilder, add a good guide on how to pilot the deck and help create the post-launch meta!
|Deck||Author||Cost||Notable SoU Cards|
|Egg Token Druid||SkyWalkerSC2||3500||BEEEES!!!, Serpent Egg|
|Highlander Secret Hunter||Tars_HS||12920||Dinotamer Brann, Zephrys the Great|
|Big Mage Dragon||Alliestrasza||12760||King Phaoris, Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron|
|Murloc Paladin||Thijs||8040||Tip the Scales, Fishflinger|
|Quest Priest||Kibler||6980||Activate the Obelisk, Psychopomp|
|Quest Burgle Tess Rogue||Dekkster||8500||Bazaar Burglary, Vulpera Scoundrel|
|Quest Shaman||Firebat||13380||Corrupt the Waters, Siamat|
|Zoo Warlock||TrumpSC||4960||Dark Pharaoh Tekahn, Diseased Vulture|
|Taunt Warrior||Purple||11400||Armagedillo, Tomb Warden|
Kripparrian's Saviors of Uldum Theorycrafted Decks:
You can watch Kripp over here.
- KRIPP Mecha'Zoo
- KRIPP Quest Rogue
- KRIPP Quest Shaman
- KRIPP Sandwich Mage
- KRIPP Born to Quest Mechadin
- KRIPP BOAR OTK
- KRIPP Quest Druid
- KRIPP Lucent OTBEEES Druid
HearthPwn Community Saviors of Uldum Theorycrafted Decks:
- Quest Bomb Shaman by Birmill
- Yogg-Saron's Puzzle Box of Dragons by Syntex
- Highlander Quest Heal Druid by Siegfried
- Nothing noteworthy (Quest Control Pally) by Wingdude22
- Masochist Warlock by Kiwiinbacon
- Mechatun by Stephflanze
- Murloc Rogue by Sattors
- Hand Priest (with new finisher) by LazaaR
- OTK Quest Hunter by Kiwiinbacon
- Quest Control Warrior by Ixlid
- Taunt Warrior by Kinggo
- Enrage Hack Aggro Warrior by Chacal
- Reno Hunter by ncnegoleo
- Burglar Togwaggle by Angelo_CIA
- Reno Shaman by Titansium
- Reno Uldum by Alex_H5
- Vessina Even Shaman by keithnumbersccg
- Mill Quest N'zoth Rogue
That should get you started! Thanks for being with us throughout this exciting Saviors of Uldum reveal period. Shoutout to everyone who helped in one way or another during this time, the other moderators and staff and the devs and all the users who gave us useful suggestions and feedback, and to everyone who enjoyed and supported our coverage. You rock!
If you are looking for some company while opening packs or playing, come chat with us on our Discord.
Saviors of Uldum Card List and Expansion Guide
Learn more and see all the cards in our dedicated expansion guide.
Can you believe it's only been a little over 3 months since we got rid of Deathstalker Rexxar Frost Lich Jaina and Bloodreaver Gul'dan?
No, still playing it in Wild :-)
But we still have Zul'jin, Boom and Hagatha :(
Zul what? Never seen before
Can anyone explain me these tips, especially this order craft--->open packs?
Because personally I don't get it :S
For example: I really want 3 new legendary cards (X,Y,Z - for determination) & lets say, that I'll open 30 packs:
- there is a chance, that I'll find these 3 cards in these 30 packs. If that miracle will happen - I saved 4800 dust.
- If I'll get at least 1 of 3 that new legendary cards, then it means, that I saved 1600 dust.
So why I should craft---> open packs, and not open packs--->craft?
It's only if you want them in golden. Because otherwise you might get it in normal, which could have been another legendary if you crafted it golden first.
The "craft golden legendaries" thing is basically ONLY if you have a lot of dust and are totally in love with a specific legendary and know that you are going to use it extensively, no matter how the meta shakes out.
In that case if you craft it golden, you will no longer get any version of that card in packs, meaning that any legendary that might have turned in to this golden you crafted will now turn into a legendary you do not have yet.
If you just want the cards and are not too fussed about the quality, just open packs and hope you get it. That is, as you said, an easy way to maybe save the dust.
The guaranteed legendary thing is just a way Blizz made pack opening less frustrating, by making sure you get 1 legendary early and then starting your pity timer on legendaries again. In the old way it worked you might start opening packs and not see a legendary till you had already opened 40 packs. That sucked.
sadly to me happens once :(
if i packed some q this weekend on fireside i cant get same q on launch right ? or it is only for packs ... legendary rule ? :D
but why block it 8 hours before the exp? its just stupid. and the reset the decks anyway, nothing really happens if you cant finish your run. they are just stopping ppl to play.
Hi! Guys i have preordered both bundle. So i will get 2 legendaries right ?
1free (leg quest) + 2 (random leg) bonus on login
you'll get 1 random Quest for free + 2 x random golden Legendaries
Two golden from the bundles, a free one (gift from blizz) and one in the first 10 packs!
I bought both bundles and asked a Game-Master if i will get 2 golden Legendarys on Launch and he said yes.
Yes at launch you will get the golden legendary
I still cant understand whats the point of disabling arena 8 hours(!) before the expansion. Now I have to wait all day and cant play at all. I could have fininshed at least 2 more runs before SoU.
It is so people don't start runs they can't finish.
Yes, Blizzard doesnt want people to get a ticket. Its is so STUPID of them. If everyone would do it to get a ticket then we would have so many more people in Arena when they use a ticket, imo that would be awesome. But Team 5.. well.. its Blizzard.. -100 IQ points. Remember when they released SnipSnap? Omegalul Team 5.