Updated June 2, 2019 23:45 GMT
- 10 new Classic & Basic cards announced last week are now live in the game, with Vanish and Mind Blast now in the Hall of Fame
- Dark Bargain, Cleave, Multi-Shot and Forked Lightning can now be casted even if there is only one viable target on the board
- Matchmaking has been improved for players who are new to Arena mode. These players will be matched against other new players with the same number of wins
- Rafaam's Scheme and Dreamway Guardians can no longer be played if your board is full
- Shrink Ray and Equality will now behave in a way that’s consistent with Sunkeeper Tarim in regards to stat-buffing aura effects, such as Stormwind Champion
- Hunting Party will now generate golden cards if it is copying a golden minion
- Cards generated by Shadowcaster and Sonya Shadowdancer will now receive the bonuses from Magic Carpet
- Duel! can no longer be cast if both sides of the board are full
- Wilfred Fizzlebang's cost reduction now works with all card-drawing hero powers
- Shudderwock now randomly resolves any Discover spells cast by Drustvar Horror
- Pilfer is now updated to match their recent changes to other burgle cards
- Old text: Add a random card to your hand (from your opponent's class)
- New text: Add a random card from another class to your hand
Saviors of Uldum Pre-Order Bundles
The preorder bundles for Saviors of Uldum are now available, don't miss our Saviors of Uldum Preview posted earlier today!
Tavern Brawl downtime update
Downtime for Tavern Brawls has been reduced to 1 hour per week. Tavern Brawls will now begin every week on Wednesday at 9:00 AM PDT and end the following Wednesday at 8:00 AM PDT (times and dates will vary by region)
Card art updates
The following cards have received new card art:
- Deadly Shot
- Windfury Harpy
- Succubus (now named Felstalker)
- Mistress of Pain (now named Queen of Pain)
- Fixed an issue where Summoning Portal and Reckless Experimenter's effects were being applied at different timings than other similar cost modification effects.
- Fixed an issue where losing your internet connection while in the middle of editing a deck would sometimes not save the deck changes after you reconnected to the internet.
- Creating Zayle and Whizbang decks should now properly show the card's deck header art instead of the class art.
- [Mobile] Fixed an issue that could cause a blank page to appear if you changed regions while on the sign-in page.
- [Dalaran Heist] Spirit of the Tiger now summons tigers with correct attack and health values while fighting in the Underbelly.
- [Dalaran Heist] Cursed! cards from The Hand of Rafaam will now trigger their visual effects properly.
- [Dalaran Heist] Hero cards that are transformed by Golden Candle will no longer retain their hero power tooltip.
- [Dalaran Heist] Fixed an animation issue related to replaying minions affected by Bribery after they were destroyed.
Blizzard also announced a (partial) fix for the Psychic Scream bug via a Reddit comment:
This issue is actually resolved in this patch. Sorry it wasn't included in the patch notes!
Note that we were only able to get a partial fix in for this release, so you might see a little visual weirdness when this happens (but no more invisible cards). Expect that weirdness to be cleaned up with the Saviors of Uldum patch.
Dalaran Heist updates
Today we will be applying the following adjustments to the The Dalaran Heist solo adventure:
- Moved some Normal and Heroic bosses to different difficulty tiers.
Adjusted the contents of the following starting decks:
- Skulker (Captain Eudora)
- Removed Stolen Steel and Unidentified Contract
- Added Deadly Fork and Eviscerate
- Dead Man’s Tale (Captain Eudora)
- Removed Violet Haze and Southsea Squidface
- Added Buccaneer and Violet Illusionist
- Kobold’s Desire (Captain Eudora)
- Removed Daring Escape and Shadowcaster
- Added Dark Iron Skulker and Pogo-hopper
- Boomin’ (Mr. Chu)
- Removed Dr. Boom’s Scheme
- Added Piloted Shredder
- Disciplined (Kriziki)
- Removed Lightspawn
- Added Kabal Talonpriest
- Shadows (Kriziki)
- Removed Mind Blast, Shadow Word: Pain, and Shadowbomber
- Added Crystallizer, Spirit Lash, and Shadow Word: Death
- Visions (Kriziki)
- Removed Lazul’s Scheme
- Added Resurrect
- Decreased the cost of Whirt the All-Knowing’s Prediction Hero Power to (1)
- Decreased the power of Archmage Vargoth’s deck.
- Decreased the appearance rate of Haro Setting-Sun.
- Decreased the power of the following bosses’ decks: Carousel Gryphon, Applebough, Linzi Redgrin, Captain Hannigan, Xur’ios, Disidra Stormglory, Chomper, Anarii Duskgrove, Zuramat, Jepetto Joybuzz, Vas’No, Ranger Ar’ha, Tala Stonerage, and Kara Stamper.
- Increased the power of the following bosses’ decks: Dalaran Fountain Golem, Lieutenant Sinclari, Flightmaster Belnaara, Nozari, Dagg Cruelmight, Sharky McFin, Queen Wagtoggle, Dazzik “Hellscream”, Draemus, and Madam Goya
- Increased the cost of Applebough’s Apple Toss Hero Power to (3)
- Increased the cost of Captain Hannigan’s Raise the Alarm Hero Power to (1)
- Increased the cost of Chomper’s Chomp Hero Power to (3)
- Decreased the Attack reduction on Haro Setting-Sun’s Darken Hero Power from -2 to -1
- Decreased the cost of Whirt the All-Knowing’s Prediction Hero Power to (1).
- Decreased the cost of Ol’Toomba’s Tales of Fortune Hero Power to (1).
Lost the blood
U should compare the golden copies of Eviscrate. The new censored version looks like completely different compared to the original one.
I love how they removed blood from EVISCERATE, which literally means to remove the visceral organs (All of your organs inside your visceral cavity (aka the area between your lungs and pelvis)). It's the act of a rogue tearing someone's stomach open with a dagger lol. It's literally the most gorey thing you can do in warcraft haha.
Now I see, OMG, so much blood at old one Kappa.....Blizz, really? Everything for China? I smell $$$ LMAO
All the people complaining about SJW's, feminists and whatnot...
It makes the game more advertiser friendly overall, and appeases various conservative censorship laws. And why some cards and not others, you ask? Spare resources from the art team - if you've got a handful of artists on your payroll who are waiting for the rest of the product to be shipped, it's most cost effective to have them rework existing assets, without dedicating too many resources towards it. Blizzard is a multibillion corporation, do you really believe they're doing this out of some left-wing agenda, and not to squeeze out some extra money? Welcome to the free market. Whether it be blood or sex, censorship sells.
Conservative censorship laws created by liberal tech companies? Mate, you're not making any sense here. It's not about being conservative, this is about not being offensive to the loud minority and the LGBTQ trashfire that has completely engulfed Blizzard..
"Liberal tech companies", as if male centric conglomerates can be considered anything of the sort. Investors don't care about minorities - why would they also be censoring violence and blood if it was to appease LGBTQ people? Because they want to scrape in as much money as possible from every market, appeasing overseas markets with censorship, marketing it to the west as social liberalism. Blame a loud minority all you want, the people making decisions are those profiting from unbridled economic liberalism, which is about as right wing as it gets.
Few more proposal from reddit in case you're interested btw:
Ironfur is still offensive to the Chinese. Pooh bear is banned in China.
Pooh is a male and he does not wear pants. I am offended!
Not sure what was wrong with Mistress of Pain art, but I guess the name change desexualises it a bit. Secretkeeper and Succubus needed the tits/ass nerf badly, they both made me a bit uncomfortable playing where my screen was visible. There are plenty of other games/media that are just rife with semi-naked out-proportioned cartoon girls, and I'm totally cool with Blizz taking the position that they're not in that market.
The gore nerfs are some next level thought police BS. Just cannot believe that anyone was going to be offended by e.g. the arrow of Deadly Shot or the minor blood splatter on Eviscerate.
Personally i don’t like all this censorship... but I can understand them. The reason for all this changes and future changes are China and the young players. As we saw this in wow years ago when I used to play it they change a lot of things only for China because of the censorship in that country.China is a big flood of money for them... so changing few cards are not a problem for them. Like it or not..... blizzard has change (I don’t like it too) :)
Never understand what was previous art of Headcrack. I don't like so bright colors on new cards, I don't know why they choose exactly them. Fellstalker looks as bad replacement for succubus. Deadly shot is stupid as well, but I should admit that old art, wasn't the best quality actually. But in general however.
I am amazed from this community. I can bet that most of people who cry for art of cards are not even playing hearthstone. How the hell you can dramatize this that much about that arts. Hearthstone will die exactly, because they changed this stupid arts on this cards, which never see play. This is the worst part of the fact that they make game to be more childish.... too much children in forums.
Nice job Imicek <3
Everyone crying about less sexualized card art on cards no one but new players and F2P uses: your tears give me joy and power.
Keep kissing the boots of sino-censors. I'm sure it will work out for you
My power grows, my joy abounds
Yes yes, excellent. Downvote me to give me pleasure, to give me power. Delight me.
Shame on you Blizzard, Mistress of pain was reference to mini boss in Warcraft 3 mission https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Mistress_of_Torment , but no you put here splash of Dreadlord Jaina instead.